~*May Miracles 2020*~

It's next month ladies!! And this month for Aphy!

Im feeling tired mostly lol. My SPD is worse now but just at night so it's painful to turn. Baby girl was booty shaking the other morning by the looks of my bump lmao and her stretches are getting more uncomfortable.

Homeschooling my daughter is draining too lol. I can only keep her attention for so long and then we both give in!!

It'll be 5 weeks until due date for me on Thursday. I'm nervous because of the situation we are in but so so ready to meet her.

How are you feeling baby love?

Wow 5 weeks!! Its gonna fly past!!

I'm doing okay, started to get a bit of sciatica now but I'm pleased I made it this far pain free. Turning over in bed is such an effort these days!! My husband has resorted to sleeping on the sofa haha. I love being able to just spread out and move around!!

Oh gosh, I feel you, trying to keep my 3 year old enetertained is exhausting! And I'm still working and trying to train my mat cover virtually. Its an interesting time for sure!!

Babylove I love that your husband gave up the bed for you! I’m now sleeping on the sofa to not disturb mine :rofl:

It feels like this baby is splitting my pelvic bone in half! (Then again, since he's nestled DEEPLY in there, I'm not surprised!)

Being on forced sick leave (with full pay and don't have to start mat leave yet), has made it easier for me to take care of DS1, so hats off to the mommies working and still entertaining LO. Also, hats off to SAHM, because I'm dreading having both at home (I thought one would be at daycare!) .

I've also stolen our king size bed from my husband haha... I'm like a flipping whale.

Final countdown ladies :)

We haven't got to the point where I've claimed the entire bed yet lol but thankfully as its a king I can have lots of pillows but hubs still has a good bit of space.

How are all your men doing through all this? My husband works in a hospital print room and he's been so busy with getting coronavirus info printed for staff and patients etc - he's away from patients & visitors and barely has contact with healthcare staff so quite safe. But he comes home feeling stressed and anxious and he's just not himself. I understand why he's so worried but I do miss my usual happy man :(

My husband is essential service. But he's not in contact with many people. He's a mechanical engineer for a plant that repairs potable water pipes. Theyre down to very minimal staff, so even at work he barely sees people. But he is exhausted. And wishes he could be home with us and help since I am on bed rest but we rather he keeps working because the 2000$ a month the gov gives is nowhere near his salary so unless he gets cut for the time being, he is gonna keep working. :/

That must be so frustrating for him :(

Will he get paternity leave when baby comes? My hubs gets 2 weeks paternity leave but his work keep asking if he would split it rather than be off two weeks together. He's said no tho, and I know he won't give in to them.

In a way he's hoping they close his office eventually once the information stuff has been done so he can work from home and be nearer us. Especially as he's concerned about me going into labour when he's at work. The plus point is that the maternity hospital is just across the road from the main hospital he works in. So if I got there via ambulance or someone else taking me then he wouldn't be far away at all!

My husband is a key worker, but doesn’t have to deal with too many people everyday so it’s not too bad, he’s stressed though, and I don’t think I’m helping, I have such debilitating back pain and that combined with my lack of sleep means I’m not entirely pleasant to be around at the moment. My daughter is demanding and I’m knackered from the minute I get up, so I’m not doing any housework really, I’m cooking dinner but he’s doing the dishwasher and once he’s home from work he does look after our daughter far more than I do. He has much busier days than I do but I just find I’ve got no energy and I’m so uncomfortable that I don’t want to do anything

As tired as he is kitty I'm sure that time he has with your daughter is probably a nice bit of time for him to detach himself from work. My husband is the same, he'll wash up and help get DD to bed etc. And he likes doing that because it helps him after a day at work.

He's been faffing about this morning cause his mouth bled after brushing his teeth - he's got a broken tooth but can't have it out at the moment and he's very squeamish about seeing blood. Adds to the extra pressure he's feeling from work. Roll on the weekend when he might relax a bit!!

Hey ladies, glad everyone is doing okay. Wow, next month it is. I feel like I'm still in denial that we're having another baby. I get terrible anxiety just thinking about the sleepless nights and fighting with my husband over personal time, and just all that chaos that comes with a tiny baby. Now that my son is 3 we sleep well and never fight about him but that first year was so rough. I'm still working from home, but my last day of work is tomorrow. Then I go on unpaid leave, and the household will lose a significant chunk of income, another thing in anxious about. I also won’t be returning to my job since my boss is psycho (as mentioned in previous posts) so I'll need to find a new job in a few months. Just a lot of instability right now it feels like. My husband has always been my champion and my hero, he somehow deals with me and all my uncertainty and anxiety. He's holding up well through all this covid-19 panic, although he won't let me go to the store, or anywhere really (besides a short walk down the street). We're in a heavily infected region of California, and the city/county is enforcing shelter in place until May 3. I don't even know anymore where I'm going to deliver the baby, I have a call with my doctor on Monday.

Last night I was bathing my son and I felt the baby drop very low. I don't know if he was breech and turned head down, but it freaked me out. I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvic area since then and it reminds me of how I felt the week before I had my first son. Really hoping this baby doesn't come early, because we still have so much preparation to do, and we don't even have a name yet!

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok under the circumstances. Time has really gone fast for us all!

2.5 weeks til my c-section and I am so anxious about how to balance it all; what was I thinking?! This lockdown has really reminded me what a handful 1 child in and now I am adding a second...I go for weekly scans now. At yesterdays scan I had picked up 2.5kg in the space of a week. Makes sense since the day before I woke up with my bump suddenly being huge and I am even more uncomfortable if that is even possible. Baby must have had a growth spurt.

DH is working from home so he is with DS all day while I am at work. He seems to be managing ok anxiety wise but I am extremely short tempered so he is taking the brunt of it. I really have to do something about my moods, wish I knew what though!

Finally started packing my hospital bag but its so difficult to know how to pack because weather is doing crazy things here by us. It feels like winter all of a sudden. But I know hospital keeps the temperature at a fixed rate but not sure what that is

Has everyone else got their bags packed and ready?

My bag is mostly packed - have all of baby's things just need to pack in some clothes for me I think which won't take long to do!

As much as I think it's best that baby stays put for as long as possible due to the situation I am absolutely ready for her to be here. I don't have that 'oh my goodness its almost time!' worry, I just feel like yep my baby is almost done cooking and I need her in my arms! It's just a waiting game now lol

I’m glad everyone is doing well.
Aphy, you’re right, going from 1 to 2 is a big change. Their needs are so different, but they both need you! So it’ll take adjustment but you’ll do well. Are you anxious about the section? My second recovery was a dream because I knew what to expect and had someone helping for the first week.

I agree Jary! Baby needs to stay in, but I am so ready for her to be out :lol:!
I haven’t packed anything yet, but everything is washed. So I just need to lay it all out and make final decisions.

Anyone having periodic contractions? This week I've been experiencing slightly painful contractions that I'm assuming are Braxton Hicks but I'm not totally sure. The baby also really dropped on Monday. With my son, he dropped the day I went into labor and I never had strong Braxton Hicks. I don't know what to expect, but I hope the baby doesn't come too early! We still have so much to prepare.

I get BH in the evenings mostly - when I move around it sets them off and my bump goes into the weirdest shapes

I don't think this baby has dropped yet. My bump looks slightly lower but I'm not waddling and although when she moves her head I get lightning crotch and get some pressure it's not there all the time. I see my midwife tomorrow so will see if she's started to engage and if she's still head down.

Last night I couldn't sleep well, then little madam decided to get her feet going so it felt like she was having a tap dance on the side of my tummy :lol:

Can't wait to see those tiny little feet! :cloud9:

I have been getting BH for months and for the past couple of weeks or so its been very regular and very strong and uncomfortable. I hope it is only BH for everyone

Tishy, I am anxious about section this time exactly because I am worried I have the same problems. Section went fine last time but I developed gastro difficulties post-op so ended up needing to stay in hospital almost 2 weeks. Currently I am already struggling with some gastro like problems so really worried it happens again in hospital. And now with this lock down etc, its not as if DH can come spend all day by me to help with the baby. Also at home, my toddler is VERY attached to me so not sure how he is going to take to me not being able to pick him up, run, play etc. And I am definitely worried about how the night time routine is going to work...at this stage DH and I alternate nights to put our toddler down, but that takes about 1-2 hours usually. I wont really be able to do that if baba wants to breastfeed so not sure how toddler is going to react...so many worries!

When I had my second child, everything I’d been worrying about just seemed to resolve itself. My first just adapted so well and things just worked themselves out. I’m hoping that happens this time too.
My main worry right now is that this one is still breech. I’ll find out on Thursday. I do not want a section. At all.
I get BH a few times a day and the odd painful one, but nothing to suggest labour is imminent.

I've been getting BH most evening for the last week now, quite painful sometimes too. I never got them with my son so I'm hoping its a good sign that this one might not be as late as he was!!!

Im also having some BH, but Im not too worried about that. All my ob appointments are now via telephone unless anything changes I might not even be examined properly again before this baby arrives. My 35w scan has been cancelled.
We have a national ban on hospital visitors, so I will be on my own during birth and in the few days after birth until they release us. On my own in a hospital where only half the doctors and none of the support staff speak English. I have a feeling that I will grow a lot as a person during this time. Just gotta suck it up and make the best of it. :shrug:

Oh wow Bloblo, that sounds tough! Where are you from that they don't speak english etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->