May Mummys Updated

My bump was completely unplanned (I'd never wanted children) so between that and the fact I've had some complications I'd been a bit down about the whole thing but I've finally in the last week or so started to get my head around the idea of being a Mummy and I think I'm starting to look forward to it now. I don't know anyone else whos pregnant and none of my friends have children (and they all live at least 7hrs away from me anyway!) so it's nice to have such friendly people on here to chat to.

It can take getting use to even if you planned and wanted a baby! My first son was 100% planned and very much wanted it still didn't get right through my head that I was going to be a mum. Even now I find it hard to believe that there are going to be two of em running around lol.

I'm planning on going for a 4D scan when I'm about 29/30 weeks so I think seeing him actually looking like a real baby rather than just the 2D black and white will make it fully hit home!!

Yea that 4d scan is definitely amazing! I couldn't get over how good they can capture the baby! It's amazing!

With Amy they showed me her at my growth scan in 4D, it was amazing. :)

I am 24 weeks in 15 mins (if I go by midnight), yay! Only 16 weeks to go! That will seem to fly by, I know it. :)

ETA: Oh my ticker already says it. :happydance:

Well Ladies Im not longer a may mommy, Im either April or sooner mom:(

Congrats on hitting your 24 weeks ladies!

Definitely stay with us as an honorary May Mommy soon2be3! Hopefully your twins stay in as long as possible!

thankyou for all the midwife help. i've tried ringing my midwife over and over again and no answer! tried the doctor and ive found out shes left and there is no midwife at my doctors now. so im struggling on knowing what to do for the best. they've given me a number for the hospital so i'll see what they suggest but im a bit worried. ive got a list of things i want to ask and no midwife! xxx

thankyou for all the midwife help. i've tried ringing my midwife over and over again and no answer! tried the doctor and ive found out shes left and there is no midwife at my doctors now. so im struggling on knowing what to do for the best. they've given me a number for the hospital so i'll see what they suggest but im a bit worried. ive got a list of things i want to ask and no midwife! xxx

ring your mat unit and see what they say if you have questions they should atlest put you though to day unit or give you a number for a local midwife :hug:

Hey girls!

I've been sick all week and then had to move so couldn't log in for a while...

I hope everyone is well!

We found out the gender last week :) It's a BOY for us! :)

We were hoping for a girl but hopefully next one will be a girl...

Though I'm afraid that I'm jinxing myself already, lol.

I skimmed over a few pages and saw that many of you are feeling the way I do.

For some reason, it doesn't feel like I'm going to be a mom soon. I still feel the same, except my tummy is getting bigger and it feels like i constantly get gassy and bloated (the kicks) lol. It still hasn't registered...

On top of that, i was actuallly sad when I found out that it was a boy... I am very ashamed to say this but there are a few reasons behind it (not just preference). I'm still not totally used to the idea that our first child is going to be a boy. I am terrified that I'm not happy enough and somehow won't be a good mom because of these feelings... :(

Choc - I am sure you will be a great mummy... My first 2 kids were both boys and now #3 is a girl.. and I am glad I had boys first as they will make awesome big brothers and look out for our little princess..

Dont be silly.. you will be a good mum regardless of your feelings on the gender of bub.. It is just a passing phase... you will get use to the idea of #1 being a boyin no time and have loads of fun spending money on lots of blue.. Little boys are great fun too...

Congrats on your boy chocoholic! I'm sure you'll be a great mom. That feeling will pass. I know I may be biased, but boys are a blast :D Plus then when you have your girl she'll have a built in protector :)

Not much happening with me. Did have a fall on Friday - nothing came of it bubs was moving around like usual and what not so didn't get checked etc. Plus he feels bigger now and I can tell he's stronger. His kicks are getting harder :) Really cool because my first son didn't kick very often like this one he just pushed his way around. this little guy like to kick! DH took me out to dinner and a movie on Friday for my birthday so that was nice. Oh and I have my next ultrasound booked for February 9th at 8:40am and I booked another 4d (couldn't not since it's on ly $20.00!!) so hopefully they'll confirm that it's another boy :)

Hope all is well everyone!

You'll be a great mom Choc, my first was a boy and I was really disappointed at first, but you soon come round to the idea. I have 2 boys and my lil girl, I was hoping for another girl, so whn they told me boy, I thought id be gutted, but I was over the moon, reason being my daughter is so hyper and both my boys are so calm, let's hope this one follows suit :rofl:

had a pretty crap day today :hissy: did not get to sleep till 5am was at college for 1pm witch means i have to get the bus at 12 college till 4pm then bus home was packed so had to stand sideways on the bus for the trip home witch is aprox 40-50Mins when its that busy so felt sick :cry: and people where sat there staring at my belly i could of slapped someone :dohh:

Eww. public transit. Love people that just stare at you and don't offer a seat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->