• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Mums with Toddlers in their Twos!

My early pregnancy bloating with my son was the same size as my 30 week bump! It went down for a while but my bloating always seems really massive. My tops all make me look flabby at the moment, I would not mind if it was a bump but since it is bloating I feel crappy. Also non of my trousers fit right.

I am currently just tiered, my appetite is a little off and I feel very mildly sick at very strong smells like perfume. I am eating a little less but when I do eat all I seem to want is carbs with cheese and I normally eat fine an love fruit and vegetables. With any luck I if I get morning sickness it will not be too bad.

Oh I am bloated too. Anyone else? I am struggling to find trousers to fit like I did with DS from the start. Maternity trousers would be far too big but normal ones are too small and pinch.

I feel your pain!!

I am so bloated it's unreal. I was like that the first time too though. At 6 weeks this time, my skinny jeans are tight round my waist and they normally have a bit of give in them.

I also think it could be because I don't normally eat carbs but in trying to be healthy I would always eat a balanced diet in pregnancy so I have been eating bread etc (kind of craving it too) so that's probably going to add pounds.

How much weight did you guys put on first time round?

I normally weigh 9 stone 5 pounds and I put on 3 and a half stone last time SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!! Lost it all in 4.5 months but I dread it again.

Think it's my body.

Wow, lucky you, not showing at all until late on :happydance: :happydance:

I am so glad that you said you are eating more carbs! All I want to eat is carbs, sometimes with a little cheese on. I normally eat fairly well but I am eating awful the past few days.

I can not remember how much weight I put on last time but it was quite a lot. I lost it quickly though. Once I got to a UK 8-10 I went to the gym for about 4 months and went for 1-2 hours most days to try and get my stomach muscles back but it did not work. I am not convinced there is anything I could have done to gain muscle tone again. Because of the high risk pregnancy I obviously saw an huge number of doctors and midwives and the first thing every single one said was how strong my stomach muscles were (I had no idea until I no long had them) so that is why I stayed small for a long time. However I now have very week stomach muscles so I expect that I will show a lot sooner this time.

I think from what I have read and also friend's experiences the subsequent pregnancies always show a lot quicker anyway.

Its not fair though is it. for those of us who have to work hard at keeping a nice figure (9st, 5lb and 5ft 5in so I am curvy but slim) then to have our bodies change so much that its so much harder! I have friends who sailed through pregnancy and put on around a stone. I know I will lose it again after but would just like to be one of those yummy pregnant women :haha:

All worth it for a little :baby: but hey that's that.

You never know though, with us having toddlers we will be so much busier than the last time so that has to burn more energy!!

When do all you ladies have your scans? I have to wait until 8th November and the suspense is killing me.

Will any of you find out if you are having a girl or boy? We found out last time but kept it to ourselves and will do the same. Any preferences ladies or just a healthy one? I would like a little boy as I already have my little princess but of course I will be over the moon with another little girl too.
xx

I think that this time I am aiming to have nicer maternity clothes than I did last time because I felt like rubbish in everything I wore. Although still comfortable clothes. I have one Pintrest board with maternity clothes and things like that on it and another with baby things. So I have a good idea of the maternity clothes I like this time. Hopefully it will help me feel better about getting massive.

We found out with my son but I want to try it both ways. The plan is that DH will find out because there is no way he wouldn't and then alternate saying he and she so if he slips up I will never know. We want to buy about 20% gender specific clothes like we did last time so that way I can make two list and he can buy from the right one. The problem is that I keep feeling like I will not be able to hold out even though I want to.

I do not care if we have a boy or girl. I think DH want another boy a little more than a girl. Just because that is what he is used to. :shrug:

Ugh, you ladies must be so fit! I am 12st 12lb. I gained 2st 12lb with my first and never really lost about a stone and a half. I have been pregnant most of the last year, so I haven't been able to diet to get the weight off. :( I am trying to eat healthier this pregnancy, but it has been a struggle. Most food makes me feel nauseated, except really salty foods like olives and pickles or really sweet foods like chocolate and marshmallows.

We are definitely finding out the gender. I'm just too much of a planner to not know! My first pregnancy we bought a lot of gender neutral items, and now I wish I had bought the frillier girly items.
According to the Ramzi method, we are having a boy. I'm excited to see if that will be confirmed!

I normally eat fine but right now I can't. It is like I have no control over food making decisions and all I want is carbs. I feel so bad that I can not manage fruit and vegetables.

I have already had to get some maternity trousers, my bloating will not allow me to wear any jeans I have even though I have a few sizes. They are under the bump so hopefully they will not be too big to wear or I have nothing to wear other than PJ's.

I think that this time I am aiming to have nicer maternity clothes than I did last time because I felt like rubbish in everything I wore. Although still comfortable clothes. I have one Pintrest board with maternity clothes and things like that on it and another with baby things. So I have a good idea of the maternity clothes I like this time. Hopefully it will help me feel better about getting massive.

We found out with my son but I want to try it both ways. The plan is that DH will find out because there is no way he wouldn't and then alternate saying he and she so if he slips up I will never know. We want to buy about 20% gender specific clothes like we did last time so that way I can make two list and he can buy from the right one. The problem is that I keep feeling like I will not be able to hold out even though I want to.

I do not care if we have a boy or girl. I think DH want another boy a little more than a girl. Just because that is what he is used to. :shrug:

Thats a great idea!! I just want to be able to know whether I can get rid of all my daughter's clothes I kept and start buying boys or get them all out to wash hehe.

What is the Ramzi method MightyMom? Ive never heard of that before.

I just knew with my daughter she was a girl and this time I just feel like its a boy. Be very interesting to see if I'm right.

I know exactly how you feel.

Today I have eaten a chocolate brownie my daughter and I made yesterday, a chocolate pop tart (craved them last time and when I saw them in Tesco I had to buy them today), some melba toast biscuits with cheese.

The only good thing I am eating is cabbage with chicken for my tea!!

I feel like people will know just by looking at me. I had skinny jeans on today and had to unfasten them when I came home earlier from shopping and now I have my pyjamas on. The pregnancy joys!!

I would not mind so much if people knew by looking at me but I think it probably just looks like I have put weight on. :shrug: I posted it on the first trimester bumps but here us me last month pre-pregnancy and the other is me today. Excuse the dodgy PJ's. I really hope the jeans I have coming tomorrow will fit!

View attachment 482325

I would not mind so much if people knew by looking at me but I think it probably just looks like I have put weight on. :shrug: I posted it on the first trimester bumps but here us me last month pre-pregnancy and the other is me today. Excuse the dodgy PJ's. I really hope the jeans I have coming tomorrow will fit!

View attachment 482325

Wow, its amazing what pregnancy does to the body!!

I was like that in my first pregnancy about 8 weeks.

This time its not so bad but only 6 weeks so we will see.

You look great anyway though :thumbup: xxx

It would seem that I always get bloated in pregnancy. I know it does not happen to everyone but it makes me wonder how some people can keep is quite for 20 weeks. :shrug:

Wow. Just...wow. I am SO JEALOUS! I don't have a bump anything like that!! I don't know how many times I was told when I was preg with DD that I didn't even look pregnant (even at 7 months pregnant!). All I wanted was a lovely bump like that! Didn't get one until 8 months. :(

Phoebe: The Ramzi method states that 97% of the time, you can tell the baby's gender by looking at where the placenta has attached on a 6 week u/s.
RIGHT :blue:
LEFT :pink:

It is as accurate as a 20 week gender scan, and is a scientific method, not like the Chinese gender predictor which is by design only 50% accurate.

With my son I did not look like I had much of a bump in the second trimester and even in the third some people could not tell. The lady next door claimed not to know the day before my c-section was booked! I think she could tell then as I had well and truly popped. I just seem to have such massive pregnancy bloating in the first trimester. :blush:

The Ramzi method sounds interesting. I had never heard of that before.

I hadn't either, and the more I read about it, the more impressed I am! And a little curious why every woman in the world isn't told about it. Maybe they are afraid of selective termination?

That is a possibility. In some hospitals in the UK they do not tell you the gender if the city the hospital in has a high population of the cultures that may be more likely to do selective termination. I never understand that though because if they want to know it does not cost much to get a privet scan to find out.

I only read about the nub on a 12 week scan when I was pregnant though so I guess you only read about it if you go looking.

That method sounds really interesting.

so when you get 12 week scan can you ask what side it is on?

I am outside Edinburgh and the main hospital in Edinburgh only started telling people at 20 week scan a year or so ago the sex of bubba.

I will be at my local hospital again though and they usually tell you there.

I heard it was due to the fact that in some cultures they prefer boys so were terminating pregnancies with girls if they found out.

xx

Talking about sizes and bloating ladies.

Have any of you put on weight yet? I have put on 2 pounds already. As I said in my first pregnancy I put on a huge amount of weight and was hoping this time around I wouldn't.

Doesn't seem likely now though. I know I am at 6 weeks now and 2 pounds isn't a lot but I don't want to get huge again!!!

They tell you the gender at my hospital. Some don't because of selective termination of girls in some cultures. I have the choice of 3 hospitals and I think my second closes does not tell you the gender as their police because of a high Muslim population in that city. The third one says it has a police not to but apparently will if you are not an ethnic minority. I still find the whole thing a little stupid since it costs under £50 to find out and if you really wanted to know for those reasons you would pay it. I also feel bad for the Muslim couples who want to know for innocent reasons.

To be honest I never really weigh myself. I have a good idea what I should look like to keep a healthy BMI so I don't bother. I used to do it on the Wii when I was last pregnant although will probably leave it to just when I see the midwife this time. I can not tell by looking at me because of bloating though. The funny thing last time was that I looked a lot bigger because of bloating but actually lost weight in the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->