Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

What we did with Dylan when he was that age that helped a little bit (his problem was totally different, but still not eating) was letting him throw his food around, and at meal times not even mentioning food or eating, but talking about ANYTHING else, or even having the telly on. It could well be a phase hun, but just dish his food up, sit with him, eat your meal and talk about the weather, or what you are going to do, do NOT make a big deal if he tries some. Have you tried switching formulas? some of them taste pretty rank.

Thanks wiggler!

We have tried different milks but he just isn't keen on any of them! I'm going to get some cartons tomorrow as he seems to prefer them to powder! xx

George is poorly atm though hun, he'll get back on track when he feels better:hugs:

24, maybe cut back the water to give more milk, even some juice, could he be filling up a bit too much on water? He's so young hun, it wont be a deliberate thing, although I'm sure he would enjoy throwing his dinners everywhere, they all do:dohh:

Oh gosh yes, if its on the floor its totally fair game :rofl:

I think it's somehow related to me going back to work as he has found it pretty tough. :( x

Im so harsh but I kinda go on the theory they wont starve :shrug: if they are hungry they will eat! Sometimes it is best to elliminate snacks to encourage food at mealtimes but I totally agree with mummy he is too young for anything like that now.

Dont they say food beofre 1 is for fun? I know they supposed to get more milk than Sam has but he has never drank a lot of milk and some kids just do not need nor want it, so its not a new thing for him. Offer him a range of foods, textures and colours, some in his highchair/ eating environment, some in his play environment and let him just munch throughout the day and build himself an appeitite :hugs:

I will admit cartons taste nicer (when Dylan wasn't eating we was tasting everything) they are smoother tasting, no matter how well powder formula is made up it tastes powdery?

I hope Sam starts eating soon, trust me I know how worried you are. Maybe he has a mild allergy to something that made him uncomfy when he ate so he stopped? I would deffo say if he isn't eating/drinking more in a few weeks then get him refered to a child nutricionalist. Dylan had one, it didn't help as his problem was he was terrified of food, but as Sam isn't it may help.

Oooh another question, if you are eating a snack in front of him, does he want it?

he could have accidentally gotten burned (well, not BURNED burned, but a temperature that didn't agree with him. My girls do NOT like hot food one bit!) bit down on the spoon wrong and hurt his swollen gums, anything, really- Or it could be just a simple phase :hugs: Mama, take him in to ease your mind- try a sampler plate of different foods and just let him be with it- but keep an eye on what he pays attention to- they fixate on certain foods around this age, too...

Oooh another suggestion, it may build bad eating habits, but if it helps then its worth it, put some yummy snacks on a plate and just put it on the floor near where you play, he might see it and be intrested, its messy if he DOES become interested, but thats another thing we tried with Dylan.

trying to remember more for you hun :hugs:

Thanks girls!

Wiggler, he doesn't want what we eat if we have a snack with him nearby, he's happy just causing chaos! :haha: xx

Oh yes I go by they wont starve:thumbup: If I'm making dinner its for everyone, not making no 6 different meals:wacko: Babies as small as ours are different though, they're too young to play you for what they want (they will in time, wait for it:haha:) so its a case of tweaking their routine to figure out where to get the nutrients in xx Sorry work is so hard:hugs:

Eilidh doesnt like hot either, but its forgotten quickly and she'll try again:haha: gets very impatient sometimes

Sweetie, just carry on as you are, nice and relaxed, have snack plated out for him, if there is no interest in foods in a few weeks then see a doctor, but the milk intake is worrying, tr the cartons again, if it doesn't increase see a doctor, I say a dr and not a HV because DRs can get you referals to the right places. plus \i have had at least 2 HVs tell me to force feed him, a lot of them have bad advice (I have seen 7+ HVs, ONE has given me good advice)

See I dont go by they wont starve themselves, it i probably different for most babies, but after Dylan turned one we cut the milk out and he didn't eat or drink anything but water for 5 days til we gave the milk back. Dylan is a different case though, he would freak if he even saw food at that point. (that was the main peice fo HV advice I wish I had ignored :cry:)

George likes things quite warm... :shrug:

I have been SOOOOOOOO lucky with Joshua he eats everything and will try everything. i am totally against hiding veg, 100% and will get on my soap box over and over and defend my little opinion lol.. and I was all set to fight with Joshua but he just eats it :shrug: lol he doesnt like onions, but he knows that meals need onions to make it taste nice when cooked, then once they cooked he doesnt mind them, and he doesnt like raw tomatoes so out of all the foods I can think of I thinks I did well :smug:

George doesnt like rice! OH wouldnt believe me, and said it was my fussyness causing it (despite Joshua loving it and me cooking it all the time for him). Anyways I tried rice he never eats it, nursery have tried it he never eats it and so OH gave it him and got rice spat right back at him :haha: thats the only thing he has shown a disinterest in lol

Madam doesn't like fruit, she shuns the sweet stuff like me. I like savoury foods. Dylan like fruit, but not freshly squeezed fruit juice, only the artificial crap, he like one or two veggies, LOVES meat, loves junk (which his nanny feeds him like its going out of fashion :rofl:) All in all though I'm pretty lucky now, both kids will try everything once, they both love curry, shellfish, seafood, pasta... I can't believe it wasn't THAT long ago that Dylan wouldn't eat.

I'd say up till 2 you do what you can to get the nutrients in, they too young till then to really know any better but for sure after that they will try and get you to do things their way:haha:

No hiding veg here either:thumbup: My lot will eat a fair few different types! But yeah there will be a few where they point blank refuse and in that case I'm ok with it, within reason. I will make a meal that accomodate most of us but if you dont like a bit of it you still have to eat it or get nothing else, usually they'll eat no fuss, if not I stick to my guns and no extras but they're allowed to leave whatever it is. This way prevents any tantrums or huge drawn out battles:thumbup:

New Freja is exactly the same with onions!

George loves fruit :thumbup: he loves a narna, but he will happily eay pineapple or pear or apple etc Ive got some strawberries for him to try lol

I think i am going to have to take my headache to bed with me :wacko:

Sticking to the boundaries is by far the best way... eat the meal and have pudding and maybe snacks later... or fuss and leave the meal but nothing until next meal time!! We do that and well all meals get polished off here lol

I remember Heinz bringing out a tinned spaghetti with 'hidden veg' and it was part of the 5 a day thing - OMG i wrote a very well structured but strongly worded letter of complaint! Idiots! lol

I don't "hide" them from the kids/babies- I add them in to get extras- but then they have the plain right along with it- it's HUBBY I have to hide stuff from! :dohh: If he only knew how much spinach he really eats :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->