Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

HV went well, she said its obvious we have tried everything we can to do with his early wake ups and his aggression and to carry on, she will be back in a month, we have to take him to a doctor to get a referal to a child phsycologist, Bethany has been refered to the eye doctor at the hospital and she has her development check in 2 months time roughly. She said both kids are doing really well considering what happened in the old place and we are doing brilliantly. And she confirmed my suspicions that Dylan is comfort eating :cry:

My baby is 3 years old, he should not be comfort eating and so miserable that he is hurting himself :cry:

:hugs: I've never heard of comfort eating in a toddler?

:happydance: great things are doing really well especially what you's have been through:flower:

Its not very common apparently, but if he is upset he demands food, if he is angry he demands food. My poor baby boy :cry:

Hopefully we can get a referal to a child phsycologist, I want my happy boy back.

Its not very common apparently, but if he is upset he demands food, if he is angry he demands food. My poor baby boy :cry:

Hopefully we can get a referal to a child phsycologist, I want my happy boy back.

I think everything Dylan has saw you's go through and he has been through too, it's know wonder you's all have some after affects:hugs: let's hope you all get the advice or treatments you need to hopefully prevent Bethany picking up on anything as she becomes more aware of her environment!

Your doing a great job wiggler:thumbup: even if your scared, tell yourself it's for your babies and you's as a family:flower:

Thanks hun :flower:

Dylan has been a little star today, going to take him out on his scooter after lunch :happydance: And madam is going to go in the carrier, Need to burn some calories :rofl:

What a total ass. He won't even pick up the phone to talk to the kids who have been crying for him since 3am.

I am so effing tempted to go for full custody.

:hugs: Oh hun, you and your kids are worth so much more than him :hugs:

I've made an appointment to go to Legal Aid and file for temporary custody on Wednesday morning. Even if I can't get out of the house right away, I can still get things rolling. He better smarten the eff up if he wants any sort of custody because at this point, all I'm willing to offer him is supervised access.

I hate him. I have never hated anyone so much in my life. I can't believe I'm actually saying that...I HATE my husband. I would much rather never see him or hear from him again in my life...unfortunately, I can't do that to the kids.

God, I effing HATE him.

Aww hun :hugs:

I can't believe my ickly girly is nearly 10 months old! It has gone so fast! :cry:

Heyy, gorgeous piccies if your gorgeous girlies:cloud9:

Wiggler:hugs:

Brandi:hugs:

Harvey, hope you enjoyed soft play:thumbup: Enjoy your break hun:hugs: I'm waiting on those buttons first though:winkwink:

New, hope you're having a great day:hugs:

Milos, thanks hun! How's you guys today?

I feeling a little better today, need to convince Eilidh to be in better mood now:haha:

Harvey, hope you enjoyed soft play:thumbup: Enjoy your break hun:hugs: I'm waiting on those buttons first though:winkwink:

I feeling a little better today, need to convince Eilidh to be in better mood now:haha:

Glad your feeling better today:flower:
Buttons on route :plane: should be there for your next :coffee::thumbup:

I'll send Aaron over too, he's always in a good mood, he's busy bouncing up and down in his walker shrieking with laughter at Harvey then running away thinking Harvey's after his tootsies lol (that's what we tell him:blush:)

Glad you're feeling a bit better hun :hugs:

Dylan is in such an amazing mood, but he is so full of energy and high pitched squeals :haha: I can't keep up, OH is going to take him to Tesco to get dinner in the hopes of calmming him down a bit :rofl:

OH didn't tell me yesterday, but they diagnosed him with Gastritis before he left hospital, so the first emergency doctor was right. :dohh:

Brandi- sorry you are going through all of this again- things must be very different with child custody laws in Canada, which makes sense I guess as they vary from state to state, here. But in California a father has as many rights to see his children as the mother unless he is beating or abusing the children. Even then they seem to be able to get a fair amount of custody and/or visitation

Mummy- glad you're feeling better! So, what's on the agenda for Miss Eilidh's birthday???

Wiggler- how can he have a diagnosis without the endoscopy? sounds like a doctor trying to cover his ass if you ask me- Gla to hear Bethany warmed back up to daddy, she just needed to let him know that leaving her for days on end wasn't acceptable! :haha: When HV was round, did you ask her about your meds hon? I know we have a hard time here keeping Bethy on anything because she hates the side effects- but once we sit on her for a few weeks and MAKE her take them, she does so much better! If they would just quit f**king with her insurance, etc so she could STAY on them :dohh: I just think if you can grit your teeth and bear it a bit longer you will come out the other side so much better off! Oh yes, and what did HV say about the head banging and bruises? Maybe you should make him an area he can't hurt himself in while tantruming- basically a playpen with foam and pillows duct taped all around...
Ok ladies, what is this "soft play" business- I assumed it was a "class" like gymboree over here- but now Harvey says they dropped in on one in the library? :shrug:

I am so beyond tired today- making a second cup of tea- double strong this time :coffee: :coffee: I was pacing the livingroom earlier to keep from falling asleep :wacko:

I'm going to carry on with my meds, no bowel stuff today so thats ok. The HV said he won't cause himself any serious damage so carry on as we are wit the praise and positive reinforcement when he behaving.

There is one thing she said that I am really going to struggle with, which I know I have to do, which I have know for ages that I have to do, but cos of my issues with sound and stuff from the old place I have real problems doing - totally ignoring the tantrums (unless they are before 7am - she knows about the neighbors issues with early morning noise - in which case we should use distraction)

The neighbors havve already said they DON'T care about daytime noise, however loud (they are extremely loud themselves during the day) but I'm finding it really hard to get out of the mentality of "if Dylan is tantruming the neighbors will do something bad" which I picked up in the old place :(

The first step to separation and divorce when kids are involved is temporary custody, especially when there have been threats to flee. Mike has threatened to take off to Mexico, whether with the kids or not, I don't know, but by acquiring temporary custody, it prevents him from being able to do so without my written permission. If he tries and makes it there, he can be charged with kidnapping, among other things. I don't want it to come to that though.

However, without a temporary custody arrangement in order, if he did pack up the kids and flee to Mexico while I was at work or something, there is nothing I nor authorities can do to stop him or bring them back, because right now, we both legally are custodial parents.

If I gained temporary custody and he did go to Mexico with them, and I gave permission, if he failed to return on the date I said to return on, he could be charged.

The temporary custody arrangement remains in effect until we finalize a divorce and the judge orders a custody agreement. I'd love nothing more than to offer full joint custody, meaning if either of us were to leave the province with the kids, we'd have to bring the agreement and written permission from the other parents, and it means we both still have custody, still have equal access etc. That is what I ultimately want, but not until he gets some help and gets over his childish run-to-mommy and twist-my-stories-so-I'm-the-victim behaviour.

This one started because he accused me of stealing his bank card and money, even though he had given it to me the night before to pick up food at the grocery store. When I reminded him of this, yet again, he failed to apologize, instead opting to accuse me of cheating on him because I've "been buried in my computer all week, ignoring the kids". When I told him about the situation with the fraud and how I was trying to figure out who she was so I can try and prevent her from stealing Zoe's pictures and story and passing them off as her own, he screamed at me that I did it on purpose to cause drama, as if I purposely handed over Zoe`s identity for someone to steal. Then, he sent me a message on FB telling me my `stupid actions`always ruin people`s lives.

I`ve since removed and blocked him from my FB. I`m DONE with his effing bullshit.

Soft paly is just a ermmmm place designed for kids with big bright soft things to play with lol and usually there is an older section with slides, and they'll be a section with a ball pit etc.... a safe environment for kids to play, almost like an indoor park put all the poles etc and bound by squishy stuff :thumbup:

Brandi do you not have a refuge centre you and the kids can go to. Here is the same as Heyys state, you would need extreme circumstances to prevent the father having joint custody, even if Joshua's dad took me to court now he'd get a fair amount of access even though he has no parental rights or no input in Joshua's life! if things are so bad then you need to put all your money into moving out and totally putting any thoughts of a reversal aside! Can you not go stay with family or friends? You also need to stop sleeping with him, even sharing a bed! thats really unfair on him!

Any buttons going spare??? Im getting chocolate cravings lol.... giving up junk food the week af is due was a crazy idea!!! lol

wiggler so glad the HV isnt too worried, though it hasnt helped you get very far! When will you see the GP? What has she advised about the food? Are you to restrict it if you know he only wants it for comfort?

Harvey did you get your quiet afternoon?? Glad Aaron enjoyed soft play hun!!!

I had a lush day with OH, Im wearing a smile from ear to ear! I am the luckiest girlie in Wales having met him :cloud9: Although his little minature is so like him they were both having a brew and chocolate earlier :dohh: I said to OH are you letting him have your chocolate orange and he said 'no', so I was like oh cool, came back and george was head to foot brown and sticky :dohh: lol - OH said he didnt let him, he helped himself :dohh: :dohh: good job I love my boys!!! lol

Harvey, I'll borrow Aaron for a bit, will send you Ruaridh:haha:

Brandi:hugs: Hope it works out!

Wiggler, sounds like good advice from the hv:hugs: Glad your bowels are better, mine arnt so I'll take over the freezer:haha:

Heyy, theres soft play in cali too cos I've taken the kids before:shrug: Its like indoor play area you pay a small fortune to get into, another small fortune for a small coffee and you go home moaning it wasnt worth it :rofl:

New, chocolate orange:nope::haha: Glad you had fun day!:hugs:

We have restricted it already, I cut it off as soon as I became suspicious that he was comfort eating, I made the main meals and snacks bigger in case I was wrong and he was just hungry, but he wasn't. . The doctors appointment will probably be in a few weeks, stupid long waiting times since they changed the system at my GP surgery.

Awww you sound so loved up :cloud9:

Me and Bethany are watching Cbeebies together. OMG Justin may be the most annoying person on TV.

Ewww all this talk of chocolate has made me lose my appetite :sick: :nope: :haha:

I likes Justin lol - least I did when Joshua was little lol

mummy :rofl: you're description of a soft play is soooooooooooo closer tot he mark lol Although, the one local to me adults are allowed to play and they have a death slide and a 60ft wavey slide which ends in a ball pit :haha: I want my Hen Party there :rofl: (they a have a licence too lol)

wiggler thats an awful long time to have to wait!!! Do you not ring at like 8am and get an appt that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->