May's Munchkins 2015

Can I join in? I got a surprise :bfp: on September 23rd after two, long, hard years of TTC! Based on LMP I'm due May 29th, but have my first real scan on Oct 15 - so we'll see if that changes at all! SO excited and at the same time SO scared - after trying for so long we just really, really want everything to go well!

Congrats on the bfp and welcome!!

Can I join in? I got a surprise :bfp: on September 23rd after two, long, hard years of TTC! Based on LMP I'm due May 29th, but have my first real scan on Oct 15 - so we'll see if that changes at all! SO excited and at the same time SO scared - after trying for so long we just really, really want everything to go well!

Congrats! That's a nice dark line there!!

Congrats! :)

Congrats and Im excited for you!:happydance:

It seems that every time I come to this thread, I'm a good 5 pages behind haha! Glad to see so much activity! Welcome to all the new ladies, and so sorry to hear about the loss :(

As for me, today started out great! but then added in some MAJOR drama.. I'll get to that but for the good part of my day - I got b+ on a midterm I was dreading, and get to pick up my good friend/ sister in law and my niece tonight and have an early birthday dinner for my little princess who will be 2 tomorrow! I found out that a good friend of mine is pregnant as well and due in June! So excited to "continue the trend" as we call it lol our kids are all close in age!

The drama part? well.. my brother's girl friend just now heard the news that I am pregnant (she found out on facebook I guess) her first comment was that it looks like my husband has to get another job to support me... she proceeded to tell me that I should have gotten on birth control and that she's glad my husband is getting snipped, she called me lazy because I am a stay at home mom, she thinks its lazy for one parent to stay home and "depend on the other" She also said that she wouldn't want to have 3 kids and be the only one to work. I told her to mind her own business because she has no room to talk! she had 3 kids in 2 1/2 years, both her and my brother work at fast food joints, they are on medicaid, food stamps AND wic and still can't seem to afford their rent without 2 room mates and yet they are not doing ANYTHING to better their situation. Now there is nothing wrong with working at fast food or being on welfare if you need it but who is she to tell me how I should be handling my finances when she can't even afford her own kids? We are alot better off than she is anyway and I definitely do not stay home because I am lazy. The nerve -_- I told her that my staying at home was a mutual decision and that I would rather be in school full time (I do 14 credits actually, so more than full time) so that I can prepare myself to have a job that pays me more than $10 an hour. I don't want to spend all my time at a minimum wage job and have all my money go to childcare and extra gas and then not have time for school (at least not at the pace I am doing) and also told her that I am not going to depend on family for free childcare constantly and that there is no way my husband and I could do opposite shifts with his schedule. My husband graduates in December and has had no complaints about me not working anyway, he agrees that it wouldn't be worth it at the time being.. so I'm really not worried about our finances.

I'm not so much mad about what she said to me as I am that within minutes I had multiple people asking me what her problem is and what crawled up her butt. Many of my friends are stay at home moms so of course it offended them too.. I ended up unfriending her and deleting the post. So over the drama. She needs to leave it in middle school where it belongs -_-

My daughter's party is tomorrow.. and I just hope that if they show up, she leaves the drama at home!

Wow, she sounds crazy! I am sorry you are having to deal with her. I have been a school teacher the past 5 years and this is my first year staying home. Let me tell her, it definitely is not for lazy people to be a stay at home mom. And I only have one at the moment. Kudos to you for being a sahm to three kiddos and going to school.

I hope all goes well at your dd bday tomorrow. I so hope that she would not ruin a two year old's birthday to spread her crappy opinion around.

:hugs: for having to deal with her. So frustrating and I am not even going through it, lol.

Congrats to all the BFPs!! Welcome :wave:

SJDsmommy - What a @$(*@$# :growlmad:. You don't need to explain yourself to people like that. Just be like "yup, I'm totally lazy. Thanks." :ignore: I had a woman in a mom's group here tell me I'm selfish for having a baby and working. I told her "Yea, I totally am." She didn't quite know what to say to that lol.

Wow. I cannot believe the things people say. I agree.... Don't even bother explaining yourself to her.
Moms have to make sacrificial decisions ALL the time. For some it's majorly adjusting spending and staying home. For others it's working full time and sacrificing time with kids. But everyone decides what's best for them and there is no cookie cutter answer.
I'm probably preaching to the choir here. Lol. But it makes me so mad when one person thinks they have the answers for everyone. Different solutions work for different families. Grrrr. It's like the whole mommy wars on breastfeeding, working, car seats, organic foods/ non organic, make your own baby food, etc. You name it there is a million things. And none of it makes you a better mom.

Ok. Stepping off the soap box now. :) I just wish caring moms could educate themselves and make decisions without other moms getting on their case.

Welcome to the new people! :) Congrats!

People who spout off like that about your lifestyle are obviously just not comfortable with their own. It is a reflection of HER, not you. Don't play into her drama. Like someone else said, just agree with her and move on. LOL :)

Phew - I just finished reading through all the pages! Can't believe how many twins there are!

And my heart breaks for the ladies who lost their little ones. Sending lots of virtual hugs.

SJDsmommy - that is absolutely ridiculous. She has not say to any of those things - and no one asked her! I'd stop her next time and just say, "Thanks for your opinion!" and then leave! Ugh!

AFM - I had quite a scare this morning. Right when I got up I went to the bathroom and had a BM and when I wiped I came away with a lot of red blood. I looked in the toilet and it was stained red. My stomach and heart both dropped and I assumed I was starting to miscarry. When I wiped again I got more blood - but noticed it was more from the back (sorry - this is way to much TMI). So I wiped just the front and there was nothing - and the back again and had still just a little more blood. So it was associated with my BM somehow. Scared the hell out of me and DH when I told him. I've had another BM today and there was just a drop of blood on the paper when I wiped - but every other time I've gone to the bathroom there hasn't been anything. Has anyone experienced something similar? I've had blood in my stool before due to Celiac's disease or from straining - but this was way more and it looked like I had started my period in the toilet... but nothing since! I'm so confused.

I had this with dd twice! I freaked out but mine too was coming from the back. I still called my dr and he said it is normal and probably a hemeroid. I had a lot of blood like you.

With this pregnancy I had a bm and spotted right after, but from my vagina. Apparently my cervix was irritated from straining. Tmi, lol.

Both times babies were okay! It's hard not to worry when there is red, but I am sure you are okay. Especially since it was from your backside!!

Oh my gosh - THANK YOU. This really helps relieve some of the anxiety! Do you know if 7 weeks is to early for hemorrhoids? Or can they pop up at any point during a pregnancy?

MItoDC, sounds like a hemeroid to me! You can get them at any point, pregnancy just makes it more likely.

Ugh - who would have thought I'd be thankful that is "only hemorrhoids." Off to drink more water - I swear I've drank 2 gallons already today.

mitodc, I ve had this as well, even sometimes before getting pregnant. It could be hemorrhoids or a small blood vessel bursting because you put too much pressure. It can be quite some blood too. If you worry, it S always best to check with your gp though.

Thank you, ladies! My next u/s is scheduled for Wednesday, and I definitely plan on bringing it up - just so they're aware! Feeling much less freaked out by it now though - thanks to you all! Isn't it funny how much it helps when you hear about someone else that has gone through something similar?!

Phew - I just finished reading through all the pages! Can't believe how many twins there are!

And my heart breaks for the ladies who lost their little ones. Sending lots of virtual hugs.

SJDsmommy - that is absolutely ridiculous. She has not say to any of those things - and no one asked her! I'd stop her next time and just say, "Thanks for your opinion!" and then leave! Ugh!

AFM - I had quite a scare this morning. Right when I got up I went to the bathroom and had a BM and when I wiped I came away with a lot of red blood. I looked in the toilet and it was stained red. My stomach and heart both dropped and I assumed I was starting to miscarry. When I wiped again I got more blood - but noticed it was more from the back (sorry - this is way to much TMI). So I wiped just the front and there was nothing - and the back again and had still just a little more blood. So it was associated with my BM somehow. Scared the hell out of me and DH when I told him. I've had another BM today and there was just a drop of blood on the paper when I wiped - but every other time I've gone to the bathroom there hasn't been anything. Has anyone experienced something similar? I've had blood in my stool before due to Celiac's disease or from straining - but this was way more and it looked like I had started my period in the toilet... but nothing since! I'm so confused.
Glad everything is OK:hugs:

Yup I had the exact same experience last pregnancy. Called my dr in a panic and she said probably hemroids. I remember being terrified! But all was well.

Hey ladies, jumping in here quick and giving a good luck to everyone due in may like me!!

My due date has gone all over the place, it's anywhere from May 14 to May 22 lol. This is baby number 3 and probably the last. We're hoping team blue as we have two girls, but I'd be happy with a gaggle of girls lol.

I also have a hemmoraghe. Diagnosed 6 weeks 5 days, I'm 8 plus 2 today and still going strong. Found bub on Doppler at exactly 8 weeks and everyday since with a good 170 bpm. Morning sickness, exhausted, boobs hurt, sensitive to Smells and spotting daily.

Best of luck to all the ladies who are ringing in next spring with new additions!! Xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->