May's Munchkins 2015

MI it sounds like a burst blood vessel to me, it can look like a lot of blood but it's completely harmless. As for haemorrhoids urgh bane on my life lol I got them the second I was pregnant with my son and because of the short time between his birth and my last MC them from the MC to this pregnancy I've had them constantly!! Can get super painful too

Thankyou everyone. I know I shouldn't have argued it with her as it only added to the debate but I'm not one to just sit back and let that type of behavior go.. She did end up apologizing though and said she was wrong for what she said and how she worded it especially to family. Glad she realized her mistake..

My daughter's birthday went very well! She got 4 pairs of slippers and 3 elsa dolls (one that sings, one is just a normal baby doll and the other was a baby elsa.. lol) and an Anna doll and like a million other frozen things haha (its her favorite).

As for hemorrhoids, I only get those after pregnancy.. shows up like 3 days after I go home and lasts for about 2 weeks so nothing too bad.. Preparation H is a life saver!

Hello Ladies, You seem to have a pretty well established group here, but I wanted to throw in a quick introduction. I'm Michelle, and I'm due May 1st. This will be my second child. (with quite a few years in between) I hope all you are doing well thus far, and congrats on all of your BFP's. :)

Hi Michelle, and welcome! I'm due 30th April (was 4th May but bumped up after 8 week scan) so we are very close. #2 for me too! X

Hi captainj1 and thank you for the welcome. I see we're almost the same age too. (I'm 38 will be 39 on the 30th, and my dh is 36) I haven't had my first scan yet, and most likely won't anytime soon...unless I do a private scan or have an issue. Right now I'm just aching to get out of the first trimester already. Just two weeks to go!

Welcome Mychelle! This is a great and supportive board. I too am 38 and carrying my second child. :)

Mycelle4 sometimes a bigger age gap is better. One woman on here is due in Feb and has an 18 year gap between her first and second. She ended up with unexplained infertility but then on her last attempt of IVF got her BFP. Now she's just found out she's having a boy, so now has one of each.

My big age gap between my first and second was smaller than that, but still pretty big by 7 years. He'll be 8 when this one is born and DD will be 14 months... so gone from one extreme to the other doh.

Hi Leikela! Nice to meet some other ladies around the same age. It's kind of exciting... and a little intimidating to think about how old I'll be when this on finally graduates! :haha:

@mummy2o- There will be a 15 year gap between my daughter and this one. Initially it wasn't my intention to wait this long to expand the family, but life kept happening at break neck speed, and before I knew it I was pushing 40 and reaching the now or never point. I realize that because we waited so long it will be kind of like raising two only children. Paige will be out of school well before this one even starts. It's a bit sad, but at the same time exciting because I know she can be a big sister in ways that wouldn't be possible if their ages were close. I have twin sisters that are a full nineteen years younger than me, and I know how protective I was of them, so I really hope Paige is able to forge that kind of bond with her little brother or sister.

I am 39 and having my third baby. I have a 13 year old and a 3 year old. I just told hubby we will be the old parents in the classroom:haha:

Hi Leikela! Nice to meet some other ladies around the same age. It's kind of exciting... and a little intimidating to think about how old I'll be when this one finally graduates! :haha:

Hi Mychelle! It definitely is nice to meet other ladies around the same age. No doubt having a baby at 38 takes a bigger toll on your body as opposed to someone who is 25! LOL With my last pregnancy, I had terrible nausea and constipation. So far with this one, the nausea is back but doesn't seem as extreme. Smells bother me but not as much. No constipation yet but it hit me later. Fingers crossed it stays away! LOL How have you been feeling?

Hi Michelle! :flower:

I'm 36 and having my second although I won't have a big age gap, my lo will be under 2 when this little munchkin is due. I'm terrified :haha:

I have 7 brothers and I'm 25 years older than the youngest! I absolutely love it!

So I have my first proper scan tomorrow afternoon! To say I'm nervous would be a massive understatement, in fact it's pretty much clouding any excitement I may be feeling at the moment. I will be 11+4 and coincidentally it's the same day (gest wise) we discovered we had miscarried in feb.

Wish us luck!! :thumbup:

Xxx

Oh best of luck Chicky160 - I'd take that as a good coincidence (the likelihood of it happening on the same gest age again must be much much lower) so fingers crossed for you.

I'm another one of the older Mums - 37 with a 3 1/2 year old, and am bloody exhausted by it all!

My sleep is appalling right now, am up and down between 2-5 times a night and that's without the nights where my son wakes me up. My husband works away usually Mon-Thurs and I work full time! I feel very broken right now. Oh and to top it off have to travel to London this week and next for 3 days work. I'm going to be wreck. I think I'm going to have to tell work just to explain why I'm going to be so broken.

Anyway moans over, I had a private scan on Saturday because my OH can't make the NHS one, and all was fine with the little bean. Great heartbeat and lots of movement! :happydance: Such a relief...didn't realise how stressed I was until afterwards!

Oh best of luck Chicky160 - I'd take that as a good coincidence (the likelihood of it happening on the same gest age again must be much much lower) so fingers crossed for you.

I'm another one of the older Mums - 37 with a 3 1/2 year old, and am bloody exhausted by it all!

My sleep is appalling right now, am up and down between 2-5 times a night and that's without the nights where my son wakes me up. My husband works away usually Mon-Thurs and I work full time! I feel very broken right now. Oh and to top it off have to travel to London this week and next for 3 days work. I'm going to be wreck. I think I'm going to have to tell work just to explain why I'm going to be so broken.

Anyway moans over, I had a private scan on Saturday because my OH can't make the NHS one, and all was fine with the little bean. Great heartbeat and lots of movement! :happydance: Such a relief...didn't realise how stressed I was until afterwards!

I feel your pain! I turned 39 in July, work full time and so does DH, DS is up in the night at the moment with snotty nose, bad dreams, being scared (of a variety of things - dark, power cut, Halloween things...). I'm working in Switzerland for a couple of days later in the week. Worth it all when I hear that little heartbeat thumping way on the Doppler but wow I'm knackered!!! X

Hi chicky160- I'm sure everything will go great at your scan. :)

Hi Mychelle! It definitely is nice to meet other ladies around the same age. No doubt having a baby at 38 takes a bigger toll on your body as opposed to someone who is 25! LOL With my last pregnancy, I had terrible nausea and constipation. So far with this one, the nausea is back but doesn't seem as extreme. Smells bother me but not as much. No constipation yet but it hit me later. Fingers crossed it stays away! LOL How have you been feeling?

I've been doing pretty well. I've never had any kind of morning sickness to speak of with either of my pregnancies, so no problems there. My only real issue has been exhaustion, but it's nothing that I can't deal with. My DH and I own our own business, so I'm able to "sneak off' and grab a quick nap if necessary. :sleep:

I had the Harmony test done at my last appointment, and I'm a little nervous about getting the results. I know the chances of chromosomal abnormalities goes up with age so that's been bugging me. On the up side, I should know the sex of the baby by my next appointment!

My scan is Wednesday and I CANNOT WAIT! Not felt pregnant for a week and I just want something to tell me I am indeed pregnant!!

Snap! Kiss08 I can't wait till Wednesday see our little picke again.

Think I might be one of the youngest mums here at 22, I am constantly exhausted! I can't deal with being so tired, I don't have regular morning sickness but I do keep getting it from time to time Saturday I felt as sick as a dog! I couldn't do anything all day!

Good luck on scans ladies! Mine is not till next Friday...ugh. Long ways away.

I am 26, almost 27 and completely exhausted as well. If it is like my last pregnancy I will have energy back in a few weeks!!

My dh will be happy because I have not cleaned or made dinner in forever, haha.

I'm 30. I've been normal tired but not pregnant tired. Only symptom I have is dreaming every night...

I hate having hardly any symptoms I don't feel pregnant at all I sometimes need reminding!!

I can't wait to have a proper bump and feel kicks and actually feel pregnant. Has anyone used a Doppler? I'm tempted to get one now I'm 9weeks I takes a week or so to get delivered too

I hate having hardly any symptoms I don't feel pregnant at all I sometimes need reminding!!

I can't wait to have a proper bump and feel kicks and actually feel pregnant. Has anyone used a Doppler? I'm tempted to get one now I'm 9weeks I takes a week or so to get delivered too

I have a doppler but it's too early for me to find the heartbeat now (doesn't stop me from trying though!!).

Last time, I got my doppler at 10.5 weeks and found baby right away. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->