May's Munchkins 2015

Hi Ladies! Hope you're all having a great weekend! I'm looking for feedback on a name - our favorite name right now is Alice, but I'm kind of afraid of it becoming super popular since it seems to be on the upswing! Do any of you know any little girls named Alice? I just don't want her to be one of the Jennifer's or Jessica's of my generation! :)

I don't know any children named Alice, at this job I just started my training class was run by an Alice, but she was much older. It's the only person I've come across IRL that I recall.

I had one of those popular names, not an Jennifer, but still quite popular, it wasn't THAT bad, but I'd avoid it...

I really like Alice and I only knew one who was the same age as me, so I think it's still quite rare :) We picked a name that is quite popular now but we just love it and it's very "us".
Today is my V-day! I remember looking at calendar and thinking it's ages until it. And now it's here :) Only 16 weeks left before her hopefully safe and uneventful arrival. We started buying stuff slowly and it's so much fun! Got a diaper bag today and it's so nice - we are both in love with it :) No major purchases like crib or anything yet but we liked a fully reclining stroller that will allow us not to purchase bassinet for it. Did anyone else start their shopping/registry already?

I don't know anyone personally with the name Alice, besides my husbands aunt (who is retired now). It's a great name!

As for shopping, we already gave pretty much everything we will need from dd. Except new pacifiers. We have unopened bottles from clearance and will just swap out the nipples on dd's old bottles. And if it's a boy, my sister has a few tubs of boy clothes for us, plus the gender neutral outfits we got with dd.

MltoDC, I just love the name Alice! It's a sweet name for a child and it'll still be great when she's an adult. It does seem to be the type of name that's on trend right now so I can see why you worry about popularity. Having said that, I know of only one little girl named Alice (and I know lots of babies and toddlers!). She's the child of a friend of a friend and she's 3/4ish. I say go for it! It's a pretty name and the top 10 list for girls has remained largely unchanged for a few years now so even if Alice's popularity rises, I doubt it'll bump names like Emma or Olivia in the next couple years.

VGIRL, congrats on reaching that important milestone. We're all progressing so quickly now. It's hard to believe!

I haven't started shopping yet, but I think we're going to look at some things tomorrow. My friends are throwing a little shower for me at the end of Feb so I guess it's time to get a registry started. To be honest, I'm equal parts excited and terrified of what's ahead, but being and feeling more prepared should help tip the scales to excitement hopefully.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

When I worked in Daycare I knew of one little girl named Alice. She is probably 6 or 7 by now. I knew multiple Madisons, Hayleys, and Emmas though so they're clearly popular in the area.

I think Alice is very beautiful and classic. Perfect name for a little girl!

I have worked with kiddos for several years, and never met any kids with the name. Go for it! It is lovely!

Congrats on vday vgirl! I have another week, but cannot wait!

We have a of big things left from dd, but did register already for new bottles, boy blankets, Pacis, and a few things I wish I had bought when I had dd. then I have been buying clothes on Craigslist in bulk. Pretty sure I am set until 9 months, but I still need to wash and go through everything! I love buying baby things, makes it seem more real!

Alice is an awesome name for a little girl ;)

Hi Ladies! Hope you're all having a great weekend! I'm looking for feedback on a name - our favorite name right now is Alice, but I'm kind of afraid of it becoming super popular since it seems to be on the upswing! Do any of you know any little girls named Alice? I just don't want her to be one of the Jennifer's or Jessica's of my generation! :)

I love the name Alice!, very classic and pretty. I know one baby called Alice she's about a month or so old but we are in the UK and she the only on I know :).

I really like Alice and I only knew one who was the same age as me, so I think it's still quite rare :) We picked a name that is quite popular now but we just love it and it's very "us".
Today is my V-day! I remember looking at calendar and thinking it's ages until it. And now it's here :) Only 16 weeks left before her hopefully safe and uneventful arrival. We started buying stuff slowly and it's so much fun! Got a diaper bag today and it's so nice - we are both in love with it :) No major purchases like crib or anything yet but we liked a fully reclining stroller that will allow us not to purchase bassinet for it. Did anyone else start their shopping/registry already?

Congrats on hitting your V-day!! 15 days for me!! And I'm soo anxious to get there!

We have ordered our nursery furniture and our pushchair has also been ordered. We went with the orb! And our furniture is the harbour complete set from mamas & papas. I got him a nearly new Moses basket from a bidding page and I won it for £1 :haha: I wasent going to get one because we plan on co sleeping but couldn't turn that down for £1 :haha:

I'm in Europe, but I don't know anyone in person named Alice. I think it's a very sweet name!

Hey gals, just got back from a repeat scan. Apparently at my 20 week I had a contraction that didn't go away?? Anyone heard of that? Won't get the report for today's scan until months end at the Dr.

Hmm, I haven't heard of that. Did they mean it was ongoing? Like through the whole scan?

I've never heard of that either. Is it like a muscle cramp? Does it hurt? Do you feel anything?

Afm - I've felt a very active little baby last night and then again this morning. I've never felt him so much and so active before. It's a really nice feeling, though it's a bit hard to concentrate on work. I wonder how that will evolve once the baby gets bigger and will be moving even more?

Hey gals, just got back from a repeat scan. Apparently at my 20 week I had a contraction that didn't go away?? Anyone heard of that? Won't get the report for today's scan until months end at the Dr.

interesting, I have not heard of that. The fact that they are making you wait for results is good though. Means they are not too worried.

That happened at my scan too! The technician said it's not a big deal unless it hurts. Just the uterus doing exercises for labor! I'm going for a repeat scan as well because of it. All the results I got back are good, but the contraction was pinning the baby's back to the placenta so she couldn't get a pic of the spine and sacrum. My midwife didn't seem concerned and I'm excited to see baby again!

That's the reaction I got, no one seems worried but I had to go back after 2 weeks to check it out. She said contractions during the scan regardless of if they're felt are normal but they usually stop, mine just stayed contracted or something lol. I'll be waiting patiently for my next apt to make sure all is good. My fingers are crossed for a low risk pregnancy, here when you're high risk you get to share a room once baby is born! Yay!! -.- :(. If you're low risk (like I was with dd1) you're suppose to get a nice big birthing room, private bathroom, TV you don't have to pay for and there's a nifty chair that pulls out to a bed for hubby. OR you can share a super tiny room with God only knows who and whatever they're like. I shared a room with dd2 and the other mom had visitors come in after midnight, stay all night and kept the light on all night. Like hell I'm repeated that if I can help it haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->