MC#10 at 4w6d~ I need some positive vibes. Page 159.

If the iui is impossible this month, just bd to cover your ov and try again next month. I missed my first medicated month TTC this time round because DH was too 'ill' to bd! Funny as I had the same virus and had to carry on regardless :haha: :dohh:

urghhhhhhhhh :(... i would deffo BD just incase... I would take the sample on monday, you never know there may just survive...

And see what happens, it would be a shame to just scrap the whole IUI... then next month hopefully he can either come with you and provide there or provide near to the time that your appointment is...

Dont give up Hope hunnie!!!

He leaves for 3 months at the end of this month [I can't give you the exact date, but somewhere between the 25-29th] which means that this was our only chance :(

im so sorry :( but things have a way of working out and your not out of the run yet this could still be your month, im keeping everything crossed for you

Sorry hun I know it's hard my partner is in the army and he's always away but we somehow always manage too catch ov well lately anyhow !!! Really hope you any sort something hin xxx

Stuck, what about freezing his sample? Is it too costly? I've never looked into it, but if you can do it, it would be a really good option for your situation.

I would try to take the sample anyway on Monday. I'm betting that as long as you keep it body temperature that you will get some survivors. Before they do the IUI they separate all of the good/bad/dead sperm anyway so you would still be getting it done with all good swimmers.
I remember when I had mine done....after i had the sample from DH I tucked the cup into my shirt kinda underneath my bra to keep them all the correct temp until we made it in to the hospital:)

Would he be willing to leave samples for you to freeze and do IUIs while he is gone?

Sorry about the timing being off and you ovulating earlier than planned, and than your DH having to report to work on Monday so you are mising out on the IUI. Big hugs to you hun!! :hugs::hugs: I agree with the other girls that you guys should still have :sex: to cover your bases because you never know, you could still get your BFP that way!!!

A couple of things I would suggest, First off is there any other fertility clinics you can use instead of the one you currently are going to? There should be other fertility clinics that are open on Saturday for situations like the one you just ran into to avoid this problem from happening in the future. I know my fertility clinic I go to now is open on Saturdays. Although I do see from your earlier posts that you are already driving a long distance to make it to your current fertility office, so that leads me to believe that this fertility clinic is the only option you have right now? If there is another fetility clinic close to you than i think it is time to switch. You should be able to have your medical records transfered to another office if needed.

I am assuming that your DH is in the military and unfortunatly when they are told they have to go out into the field or deploy they dont have any choice in the matter and they have to do what they are told. Which unfortunatly is the hard part about being in a relationship with someone in the military. My DH was in the army whe I first met him, and he spent 6 months overseas when we first started dating, and it was very hard, but I couldn't hold it against him because he didnt have any choice. It was extremly difficult though. My DH also has worked as a contracter overseas as well, and he would be gone for 4 months at a time on and off over the course of almost 6 years, and it was a huge strain on our marriage, but we did make it through.

I do think that the suggestion to see if your clinic can freeze and store your DH's sperm is a good idea, so that when he is deployed you can still do your IUI, but you would need to ask if your clinic offers this service and ask how much it costs.

I also know that you only have 1 hour to get the semen sample into the fertility office and to keep it at body temp so any longer than that won't work.

I wish you all the best hun, I know you have been through alot over your LTTC journey with many losses, and it takes it's toll on you emotionally, and being on the fertiliy meds only adds to your emotions. Being married to a military man is difficult and infertility is so painful. :hugs::hugs: I hope that the two of you can work through things and figure out a way to make sure you can continue to work towards getting your BFP despite thedifficult situation you are in. :hugs:Communication is very important, so make sure you are talking to your DH about your feelings and what this means to you!! You may even want to look into counseling for the two of you. Good luck to you hun!! I hope you get your BFP very soon!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Stuck - you know you can get pregnant so just BD like a mad woman. The IUI would just ensure that the swimmers make it there. But you've proven that you can get pregnant. Maybe all you needed was a nice strong eggie which femara has done for you. I'm sorry you are disappointed but I really have a positive feeling about you this month. It's your month and IUI or not, I think you'll be blessed. Xoxoxoxo

Thank you so much ladies.

I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday, and all of your kind words have really helped! I feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of women out there supporting me, it really makes me feel like I'm not alone in this.

Mammag, I could freeze, but the problem with freezing is that you lose half the sample. Freezing is great for IVF since you only need a couple sperm. The doctor said I could freeze for IUI, but he warned me to expect to lose half. It's not incredibly costly, and I don't think they charge more than a couple hundred dollars, but this is the last ditch effort. DH made me email him a time stamped message stating that this is the last medical intervention I will use to try to get pregnant. That if we pay for this IUI, I won't ask him again to spend money on IUI/IVF/Infertility treatments. That after this, we'll just go natural and see what happens.

Yesterday afternoon, DH came into the bedroom [where I had holed myself up watching TV and eating the inside of a bag of Oreo cookies] and apologized for being an ass. When I apologized for overreacting, he told me that I didn't need to apologize, that I had done nothing but fight for what was important to me.

Then we went out to a delicious Olive Garden dinner, where I had 2 glasses of wine and the Tour of Italy followed by chocolate mousse cake....followed by amazing make up sex.

He's going to leave late [5AM, instead of 3AM] so it'll just be an hour longer and that is definitely better than 3 hours longer.

Plus, chances are when I get there tomorrow, they're going to tell me that I'm not ready to trigger anyway [because I have awful luck with things like this!] And on the downside that the sample isn't good enough, we'll just try again in a day or two.

Phew, these hormones all suck! Hopefully it will lead to a sticky, sticky BFP!!

Hiya hun.

I've been reading through this and I really hope you get your baby!
Good luck!
xoxox

glad you two made up :) hoping the best for you ! good luck and tons of babydust

glad you guys are working through things! :hugs:

O hun I am soo happy that your partner has come through for you!
My fingers are crossed for you both!
My prayers are with you both and keep us updated!!
Good luck xxx

awwww hunnie, so glad you's made up :hugs:

and its sooo lovely to hear your more positive :happydance: Come on Monday!!!

Ive got everything crossed that tomorrow is nothing but good news for you chick! dont forget to let us all know how you get on x

I'm so happy to read your most recent update. Everything crossed for those swimmers & your positive outcome. :hugs:

Good luck for tmro !!!!! Fingers are crossed for you x x x

So pleased you have made up!! Good luck tomorrow will be thinking of you x

ttc is so hard on a relationship sometimes........i totally get it.

huge prayers everything works out for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->