McDonalds

I've had 2 or 3 maccies since I found out I was pregnant...and one KFC...I'm a bad bad girl! xx

I lived on fast food in first pregnancy lmao!
Ive had few so far this one.

I don't eat them cause of the meat, tend to stick to free range and have done for years.

Jamie Oliver was interviewed saying if he ate fast food he would go to MacDonalds because of the media pressure they were under they are very strict on hygiene and have a better product. Avoid the independant ones where poss!!!

I think they are fine like all say.... I WANT ONE NOW.... Cheese burger with honey mustard sauce !!!!

Yup still eating mcdonalds, a little addicted at the moment if i am being honest! :rofl: hehe xxx (this is making me really want one now)

As an ex maccy D's employee, I would say you don't have anything to worry about with regards to undercooked meat etc as the meat temp, grill temps and fry temps are all checked several times a day. :D
All the meat and chicken is 100% beef and breast....like birds eye really. The unhealthy part of the food is the buns and sauces due to sugars etc. The mayo is safe as it is made with pasteurised eggs so no worries there :D

Flurries and milkshakes are really up to you. Soft serve is discouraged during early pregnancy due to the fact they are served/stored at a temp that can allow bacterial growth if the equipment is not maintained/cleaned regularly. McDs clean and sanitise the milkshake/ice cream machines weekly so it is really your decision with that one as to whether you want to risk it.....I did :D

Enjoy your junk food, just don't live on it! :lol:

i eat cheesburgers from McD's whenever i fancy one! I looove their salty fries too, crave them bad at night times!

now i want one, dammit! lol. xx

I had one today :o

I've had a few since being pregnant, the same as I would have had anyway!

I love McDonalds and always have! Since being pregnant this time I craved the grease the whole first 3 months lol not so much now , but will have some once in a while! Most large fast food chains would be safe to eat I mean, they are all in the public eye but you can still get a bad one so always watch what you are eating. A few years back I got a chicken burger from A&W and it was undercooked and pink! I won't eat there now but hubby still does :) I doubt KFC would be bad either as their cookers do it so often and the way their chicken is cooked leaves little room for error... but always check because you never know! Happy Junk Eating :D Just remember, it's fine in moderation... I had to keep telling myself at the start of this pregnancy lol

Pah a little of what you fancy does you good.

I could go for a couple cheeseburgers and a couple large fries right now.

I normally like the odd macdonalds, but at the moment all it does is leave a putrid aftertaste in my mouth and horrible indigestion! It's my eldest's 4th birthday today and he's asked for one for his tea as a treat. I'll just have a milkshake I think!

I so want McDonalds NOW!

Could just eat a couple of double cheeseburgers.....is that wrong at 8.45am??!!

Blimey! I didn't realise this would be such a big thread!

I could just eat a sausage and egg mcmuffin! Not a big fan of their fries as theiy are too salty.

last thing I bought in mcdonalds or any fast food burger joint was a coffee in 2006 :rofl: no joke. Dont get me wrong I like a burger but I would prefer to eat one from hardrock cafe or somewhere saying that the last burger I had (eating out) was in Atlanta, Georgia in November with some sweet potatoe fries (when in the USA yumm) and it was delish but it was from the hotel restaraunt. I prefer home made or even the lovely butcher shop in our neighbouring village as these are better quality of meat and tastier.

However I also think a little of what you fancy does you no harm so go for it! I prefer Pizza express if I want fast-ish food:)

MMMMMMM Pizza Express!!!!

I do love a good gourmet burger ... but there is something about a maccies one too!

I love Pizza. I've had frozen ones but none from Pizza Hut...yet!

I'm still getting used to the idea that I can eat again after suffering MS for so long!

Any food from chain places will be fine I'm sure. McDonalds don't allow their staff any judgement in the cooking process and actually have timers on everything which beep when the food is done (you'll hear them now I've mentioned it). The burgers are so thin there is no way they could undercook them.
If that's what you fancy, go for it!

I've had McDonalds a couple of times since being pregnant (not really that much of a fan but sometimes I just fancy it). If you want to be ultra careful avoid the milkshakes/icecreams as they are Mr Whippy type things which can be a problem but again, from McDonalds, which has such strict hygiene standards there probably isn't that much of a risk.

I'd worry more about the late night, unbranded pizza shop on the high street than anything with a name. That said, I've had food from there as well and been fine. Our town gives everywhere hygiene ratings which are publicly available (and should be displayed in the shop) so you know if you find somewhere with a D not to eat there. McDonalds is B (not sure I've seen anywhere with an A).

Blimey! I didn't realise this would be such a big thread!

I could just eat a sausage and egg mcmuffin! Not a big fan of their fries as theiy are too salty.

DH bought me one of these the other morning and I scoffed it and then regretted it for 3 hours afterwards (major indigestion!)

But I have had a quarterpounder on a few occasions since becoming pregnant, and have suffered no ill effects! At times during 1st tri it was one of very few things I thought I fancied!

xx

i hav one about each week :) my babys measuring bang on dates so hasnt done anything to him :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->