Measuring 3 weeks ahead?

frsttimemama

Trying again w/ Baby #2!
Reaction score
I had a doctor's appointment this past week, and she said that I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead. I'm at week 31 and I'm measuring at 34 weeks. Any ideas what this could be due to? My doctor said I was borderline gestational diabetic, but I don't have to watch any sugars or take any medications for it. Maybe baby is just going to be on the big side? At 29 weeks, they estimated him at 3 pounds, so I anxious for my ultrasound this coming week. Everything has been normal otherwise so far as far as fluid and measurements and whatnot.. I'm just curious! Thanks!

My little man has always measured 2-3 weeks ahead. Been told just means he is bigger than average

Im also measuring 3cm ahead. Im not borderline gestational diabetic but my doctor told me it could be any number of things. Either baby is big, your carrying alot of amniotic fluids, or the baby is in a weird position causing you to measure bigger.

Measuring 3 weeks ahead and at scan he's on target to be 7 pounder so I don't think it's all very accurate

At 31 weeks I was measuring 35 I had an ultrasound and its cuz I have poly meaning a lot of extra waters

I measured a couple weeks ahead when my mom was pregnant with me, and my baby's measuring ahead a week or two also, and I'm not at risk of GD or anything, just having a big baby, with normal amounts of fluid. So it really could be just that youre having a big baby, if its measuring correctly.

Both my children measured 2-3 weeks ahead. With my little boy (he's 8 weeks old) he measure 3 weeks ahead til 36 weeks then went back to normal... He was born 10 days late at 9lb 1 3/4 xx

Measuring 3 weeks ahead does not mean you've got a big baby. An ultrasound is much more accurate at determining that but it's not always correct. You could be measuring ahead because of many other factors such as your LO's positioning, the amount of fluid in your belly, or if you have gained a lot of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->