medicine help???

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Hannah's been put on an antibiotic and the directions say to give it three times a day.

Stan and I are having a disagreement over what this means. (there is no time stated on the directions as to how far apart it should be given).

I think it should be given three times during the day, morning, noon and night.

He thinks it should be given every 8 hours which would mean waking her up in the middle of the night to give it to her :dohh:

what do you do?

Morning, noon and night! Adults don't get up in the middle of the night to take most medications! Medications where the exact timing is important will say so. Hope Hannah is feeling better soon.

I agree, I've had friends who have had strict guidelines when taking the medications, and if it meant getting up in the middle of the night then so be it. They would have definitely said that you should be waking her up if that was the case.

I would go with once in the morning, noon and then before bed. Besides, the label says "DAILY". Not "Night and Day".

:winkwink:

have always done, morning noon and night here. hope she feel's better soon honey :hugs:

thanks girls :hugs: my mom said the same when I asked her but than said well your dad would do it this way, the same way Stan said :haha: must be a man thing :rofl:

Same here, morning/noon/night. Hope shes feeling better!!

I agree with you, if it were me for the boys I'd do first thing when they woke up, after lunch and then before bed

mor, noon and night makes the most sence!

men have no idea how hard it is to get a ill baby to sleep in the first place let alone waking them up in the middle of the night for medicine

I do morn, noon and just before i put them to bed. Hope shes feeling better soon hun xx

Morning noon and night if its for something that not serious - but if it is a serious infection then it should be eight hourly. I did have to take my medication 8 hourly just after I had Tegan (first IV antibiotics and then oral for a month), so it does happen I'm afraid. I'd ask your doc, that would be the best bet.

thanks the doctor yesterday told us it was a minor infection? :shrug: we've been giving them morning noon and night and have seen a major improvement in her today! :) she's still sick but not nearly as bad as she was yesterday at this time

good that shes feeling better bless her!

its awful seeing a baby ill

men are so silly :dohh: You're right Vickie, it's morning noon and night.

morning, noon and bedtime for sure. I definately would not be waking her up as she really needs her rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->