Mellie is getting married!!

Mellie1988

Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due
Reaction score
:wave: Hello All :wave:

:wedding: :wedding: :wedding:

I'm Melissa, i'm 23 years old and live in Manchester with my OH Rob, also 23, and our 2 children Grace (4) and Theo (2),
me and Rob have been together 7 years on 5th November of this year!

So DF(Still getting used to that one!!) proposed on 21/01/12,
he took me for a meal and then on the big wheel (like the London eye) in Manchester and got down on one knee :cloud9:
I knew that he was proposing as he had already asked me just before New Year whilst lay in bed one night :lol:

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/ukmissy14/7a9b917b.jpg

Heres my gorgeous ring, I picked it myself :cloud9: its a tiny bit big so need to go back to get it resized :( !

So i've become abit of a Bridezilla already, jotting down numbers for guests, thinking of who will be bridesmaids, flower girls,
colour schemes etc and wanted a journal to jot all my notes down to and share with other Bridezilla's :lol: to get opinions!

We are thinking of getting married in May/September 2013, i'm so excited I can't wait to start planning it all!

We are off to Rise Hall (Sarah Beenies renovation project) next Saturday, it's all the way in Hull (about 2 hours drive from our house) I don't think we could ever have our wedding there, but I just think it would be fun to go have a look :blush:

https://assets.risehall.com/media/img/gallery/internal/gallery_slide_02.jpg?v=1

It is absolutely gorgeous! Its the kind of thing I want, a stately home that can cater for the wedding ceremony, meal and evening party and then bridal suite for myself and hubby to stay at over night!

Will leave it here for now, at work and its home time :haha::happydance:

Congratulations :)What a lovely way to propose too. Your ring is beautiful.

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/ukmissy14/3d3ab3cd.jpg

Possible wedding venue :D off to have a look a week on Saturday :D

X

Congratulations, your ring is gorgeous:) I'll be stalking

Erm misses how did I not know you had got engaged!!!!

Congratulations hun xx

:happydance: Definately following you, as always hun. I miss youuu, we need a catch up. I'm gonna text you in a lil bit.

<3

xxx

Been browsing online at dresses this evening.... thought I would post a few that I like!!

This is probably my fave one ive seen so far!

https://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/12736811415684849_uDby04py_f.jpg

Bit different, probably wouldn't have a short dress...deff gonna make the most of having a hugeee floaty dress, could wear a dress like that whenever really. Do love it though!

https://www.elegantpark.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/16.jpg

https://www.weddingdresseslux.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Princess-Wedding-Dress-3.jpg

Can't wait to actually try on some dresses...I think i'm really gonna have a hard time find 'thee' dress though!!

Hey, I'm also getting married next year, we'd originally planned on May but have moved it to September now to give us more time to save up some pennies :)

I love the look of the second venue and the first and last dress you posted

snap we've got the same engagement ring :D wondering if you've thought about your band I thought I was going classic in white gold but actual wishbone suites the curved rings better :D and looks awesome with the ring as the normal court or d shaped ban had a gap an looks odd :D were trying tO get a venue sorted I'm like the pickiest person ever hah!

Awwwh nice, I really love my ring! I tried on wedding bands when we was getting my engagement ring and I agree that the curved wishbone wedding bands look fab with the engagement ring!

No updates on the wedding front really, I keep seeing really great deals on Group On but they all expire Jan 2013 and were not planning on getting married until May/June 2013 so not suitable, plus we don't have the funds just yet boooh! Will definitely be keeping my eye out nearer the time though, some are almost 60% savings!!

x

Your second venue looks absolutely stunning.

Am loving those dresses that you've posted too :happydance:

Such gorgeous dresses! I'm so excited for you :D when are you going to do some proper dress trying on??

Probably when we have booked the venue, which is hopefully going to be in September! Do excited :D my mum has said she will buy my dress :happydance:

X

Ooopsieee, neglected this abit again but haven't really got much to say as at the moment it is all about the saving ££££!

Went and a catch up with my bestie last night who has been married for 2 years this year and we we're chatting about wedding plans and tbh she just seemed to be putting of a downer on everything :(, like I said I want to have 3 bridesmaids and 3 flower girls and shes said "oh I wouldn't bother, you've just got to think about all this money your gonna be spending on your wedding and its over in a flash, its not going to be what you think it will be...so stressful, I honestly wouldn't go all out on everything"

Part of me is thinking she is a little jealous as she wasn't able to have all the people she wanted at her wedding, she didn't splash out much etc...I really don't know :shrug: ...

Anyway we're hopefully off to look at some venues in August when we should have enough saved to put down a deposit for a venue :happydance: i'm sooo excited!! Then hopefully get it booked and a deposit put down in September then i'll be happy to get everything in motion, looking for my dress, bridesmaid dresses, transport etc etc .... think I need a wedding planner :lol:

x

Hello fellow bridezilla! Aw your ring is absolutely gorgeous! You have good taste lol! :thumbup: As you pointed out in my journal our dates are so close together ahh! I will know if i'm behind on planning if you have things booked and i'm like oops i forgot about that :blush: Will have to keep and eye on your journal haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->