Meralgia parasthetica anyone?

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Posted also in 3rd tri but think this is quite uncommon so posting here as well.
Sorry in advance for the long thread.

Last year I did the Lipotrim diet and during my 8 weeks on the diet, about 15-20 times I would wake up in the middle of the night with what can only be described as a feeling that someone was holding a bunsen burner to the top of my thigh near the crease to my groin. Always on the right hand side.

It stopped as soon as I stopped the diet.

I went back on the diet this year and the pain returned, and it went away again as soon as I stopped the diet.

Googling it came up with meralgia parasthetica which generally occurs with rapid weight gain and occasionally loss. (I lost 30lbs in 8 weeks).

All was ok until about a month ago I had the same pain, not quite as painful but the same nonetheless. Again I had it about 2 weeks ago. And again last night, this time though it was absolute agony. It only lasts about 10 minutes but if you touch the area it hurts even more. It goes away eventually when I turn over and it subsides.

So I googled it again today and it says MP can happen during pregnancy. Now I assume this is because of the fairly rapid weight gain. But at 18 weeks I have only put 3lbs on, so it can't be because of that. So it must be something about the pregnancy itself

Does anyone else have this or had it diagnosed? What did you get told?
It's nothing like cramp or dead leg, it's a totally unique feeling.
Thanks
Chele x

Hi chele. I replied to your post in 3rd tri - not sure if you've seen it. :)

got it honey thanks. I know it's not exactly a gestational complication but it must have been brought on again by pregnancy so want to make other people aware too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->