Metformin & PCOS

Hi ladies can join this topic? :hi:

I know it's a old topic but I need some help or hope with metformin please??

Hi Sarah!

Hope my story gives you a little hope :thumbup: I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2012 and all periods had stopped, I was put onto Metformin and after 5/6 months I had a few periods and ended up pregnant! Pregnancy was a breeze and although I had a bad labour and recovery, it had nothing to do with PCOS, and I now have a super healthy baby boy born on Christmas day! :flower:

After pregnancy my body took over and somehow "cured" itself of PCOS, I didnt have anymore symptoms and had my first period myself without medication only 7 weeks after birth, which is amazing for someone without PCOS never mind having it! I felt wonderful!

I would also like to let you know, as well as all the wonderful ladies here, that I am expecting baby #2!! :happydance: Cannot believe it. Never thought I'd have one baby never mind two! You can do it, we are all here if you need help :flower:

Oh bunny a huge congrats to you on baby #2!!

Sarah- metformin alone did not get me pregnant. In the end I used clomid and metformin.

I imagine it does not! I hope this pregnancy is as smooth for you as your last. :happy:

We plan to NTNP after this little one is born for the first year, while it would be a shock I would be so happy after all the struggles we had to get pregnant.

Omg bunny! That's so amazing. Congratulations. Happy and healthy nine months to you.

Thanks for your story bunny and congratulations!

I have been on metformin for two weeks now, my first week I was taking 500mg and this week I been taking 1500mg. But my af arrived last Saturday at just a week on metformin :happydance: it's just finishing now it's going a brown colour sorry tmi ladies :blush:

My af lasted 7 days is that okay? Is it a good sign? :shrug:

Well 7 days is not horrible but it is a little long. Maybe next time it will be shorter. You don't want AF to be too heavy but you don't want AF to be too light either. I did a warm castor oil packs cleanse a few months before I got pregnant to help clean out the old brown blood. I'd like to think it worked wonders because here I am with my third baby.

Welcome, Sarah! Metformin alone didn't work for me, though it did help shorten my cycles over the course of a few months. I took it while we were saving up for IVF, which is what did the trick for me. FX for you!

Bunny, congratulations! That's amazing!

Hello Ladies

how are you all doing
i am here aftera very long time,,,, please tell me wt you all upto... wts going on buddies

hey bunny i can see, many congrats dear H&H 9 months

Hi Aein, how are things going for you? Things are going well here, DS is 3 months old and doing great.

CONGRATS BUNNY!!! That's amazing news!!!

I hope everyone is doing well too!!

My DS is a little over 6 months now. I can't believe it's going by so fast, but he's doing well. He's 18lbs 4oz & 26.5" - i can't believe how big he's getting!

nuthing is going on dear, since November i am on wait
as Dr advised me to go for IUI .. and m still waiting once i get my Family visa status here in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so i proceed with medical insurance as such

now almost dome, we are gonna apply for visa within 2 days, need all of yours special prayers :)

Hi ladies can join this topic? :hi:

I know it's a old topic but I need some help or hope with metformin please??

Hi Sarah!

Hope my story gives you a little hope :thumbup: I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2012 and all periods had stopped, I was put onto Metformin and after 5/6 months I had a few periods and ended up pregnant! Pregnancy was a breeze and although I had a bad labour and recovery, it had nothing to do with PCOS, and I now have a super healthy baby boy born on Christmas day! :flower:

After pregnancy my body took over and somehow "cured" itself of PCOS, I didnt have anymore symptoms and had my first period myself without medication only 7 weeks after birth, which is amazing for someone without PCOS never mind having it! I felt wonderful!

I would also like to let you know, as well as all the wonderful ladies here, that I am expecting baby #2!! :happydance: Cannot believe it. Never thought I'd have one baby never mind two! You can do it, we are all here if you need help :flower:

Thank you for the reply. What symptoms did you get when you conceived on metformin :flower:

Aein- I hope you get your family visa status soon so you can continue with IUI. I cannot wait until you can tell us you are pregnant!!

Hippie- I cannot believe he is already 6 months old. He is such a cutie, I love all his dark hair!

Afm- So much has been happening. We moved back to my hometown 2 hours away so that I could accept a full time position in my new field as I finished graduate school last month. Hubby also got a job very quickly so he starts Monday so the move had to happen fast. We moved over the weekend and I am so happy that is over.

I am due to have my baby in 12 days so I am looking forward to his arrival. I think my induction will be July 3rd or 4th. So about 10 more days. I keep hoping he comes naturally but so far nothing really seems to be happening.

I hope everyone is doing well!

OMGosh congrats Bunny!!! :)

Welcome Sarah! Not sure if I can say that Metformin helped me or not, I was diagnosed with PCOS at the end of the cycle before I got pregnant and was put on Metformin when I was rx. My periods had always been regular and I had been pregnant twice (though both were miscarriages) before I got pregnant with our miracle baby. <3 I was kept on metformin for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, so it may have helped me to carry past the first trimester (which I hadn't been able to do previously). I did end up with a lot of complications (Very severe preeclampsia, I also had placenta previa) toward the end of my pregnancy and ended up with a preemie born at 27 weeks at 1lb 5.9oz and an 84 day stay in the NICU. Whether that was related to anything or just bad luck who knows, but I am so thankful that our little girl is healthy (albeit very petite for her age at only 11 and a half lbs at 8 months) :) Hopefully next pregnancy will be a lot easier. Anyway welcome and I hope Metformin helps you! :)

Hippie, he is adorable! <3

Aein, my fingers are crossed for you that you will be giving us a pregnancy announcement soon!

And just thought I'd throw in a pic of Hayley <3

Attachments

• 10447037_10203802898408880_6988267792927486328_n.jpg
    10447037_10203802898408880_6988267792927486328_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Krissie, so excited for you to have your baby! :) <3 I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Hello Ladies,

I have only posted a few times but thought I would share my Metformin Story so far.

I was put on Metformin 500mg once a day for about three weeks, then the dr. upped it 500mg twice a day and within a month I had my first natural AF. That was about 2 1/2 months ago. So my Dr. put me back on Provera to induce AF then I will be doing 500 mg three times a day.

I know Metformin helped me to get that natural AF but due to not sticking to healthy eating and walking my body needs more to obtain the same effect. (Life is crazy right now with DH being very sick and I am a stress eater :dohh:)

So the plan is to get my AF, up the metformin, restart healthy eating and walking. I just purged my house of all junk food, pulled out my very dusty sneakers and refilled my script of Metformin.

I will let you ladies know how it goes!

Blessings :flower:

Christian was born at 7:05 pm on July 3rd after an uncomplicated induction. I had him 8.5 hours after starting pitocin and 1 hour of pushing, which probably would have been closer to 30 minutes but there was no doctor available.

He is 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches. I have a second degree tear all internally, no external damage.

We are so proud and in love with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->