Metformin & PCOS

Hi ladies can join this topic? :hi:

I know it's a old topic but I need some help or hope with metformin please??

Hi Sarah!

Hope my story gives you a little hope :thumbup: I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2012 and all periods had stopped, I was put onto Metformin and after 5/6 months I had a few periods and ended up pregnant! Pregnancy was a breeze and although I had a bad labour and recovery, it had nothing to do with PCOS, and I now have a super healthy baby boy born on Christmas day! :flower:

After pregnancy my body took over and somehow "cured" itself of PCOS, I didnt have anymore symptoms and had my first period myself without medication only 7 weeks after birth, which is amazing for someone without PCOS never mind having it! I felt wonderful!

I would also like to let you know, as well as all the wonderful ladies here, that I am expecting baby #2!! :happydance: Cannot believe it. Never thought I'd have one baby never mind two! You can do it, we are all here if you need help :flower:

Thank you for the reply. What symptoms did you get when you conceived on metformin :flower:

None at all! No symptoms at all until 12 weeks when I felt slightly sick :haha:

Congrats Krissie! Can't even imagine my wee man being that small again! Enjoy every minute!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm waiting on a confirmation scan on Friday for a missed miscarriage. Gutted doesn't even come close. Hope everyone is okay :)

Thanks stayhopeful, never experienced anything like this before, never knew how much it could affect you. No more babies after this, but I'm so lucky with my wee boy :)

Bunny, I know that going through a mc was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I am so sorry that you are having to go through that and feel free to PM me any time if you need a shoulder.

Thanks stayhopeful. Miscarriage started on Friday straight after the scan and I thought it was short and sweet but unfortunately on Monday late morning I started bleeding out basically and ended up in a&e. No one told me my high dose of clexane injections would make it so bad and impossible to stop bleeding so much. Fingers crossed the worst is over, but emotionally I'm drained. Can only get better from here :)

Oh Bunny, I'm so so sorry :hugs: Like StayHopeful, mine was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced :( :hugs: :hugs: I wish there was something I could do or say to make it better or easier. Take care of yourself and we are all here if you need anything <3

Thanks ladies!

I'm doing okay I guess, struggling to be on my own for some reason but atleast the bleeding is calming down now. It's hard to try and start getting over something when your still going through it! Didn't realise how physical a miscarriage was. I know that sounds silly, but I thought it was quick and more of an emotionally thing but I'm drained emotionally and physically.

Unfortunately, that's to be expected. It's not easy on your body. Everyone heals physically and emotionally at their own pace, don't try to force it. :hugs:

Hello ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining the thread.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in the summer of last year. I was given letrozole (femara) to induce ovulation and although it worked in getting me pregnant twice, I unfortunately lost both. 1 was a missed miscarriage resulting in an EPRC, the other was natural and I am just getting over the physical side of that now. I also conceived naturally a few years back, but lost that one also. I was given methotrexate with that one. So in total I have had 3 miscarriages and experienced medical management, surgery and natural.

I have a Dr's appointment on Monday to discuss what happens next and I am considering asking my Dr to be prescribed metformin. She had mentioned it to me at my last visit but as my fertility consultant hadn't mentioned it, I thought nothing of it. Well, following the latest miscarriage I have been doing all sorts of research on my condition and recurrent miscarriages and so on....metformin seems to be the way to go.

I have read about the correlation between taking metformin and having a B12 deficiency and I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies took B12 alongside your met?

I was also wondering if any of you ladies experienced hair loss whilst taking it? I have very thin hair that seems to fall out alot anyway.

Kira, I am so sorry to hear about your losses and hope that Metformin does the trick for you! I didn't take B12 or have problems with hair loss. I was on the extended release metformin, which seemed to minimize side effects for me.

Hi ladies :hi:

I know I have PCOS but I have been using Clearblue digital ovulation test. (Not the new ones which tell you your four most fertile days) And This is the results I got (Only testing once a day in the mornings)

CD10 - Negative
CD11 - Negative
CD12 - Negative
CD13 - Negative
CD14 - Negative
CD15 - Positive :happydance:
CD16 - Negative
CD17 - Negative
CD18 - Negative
CD19 - (Using A cheapie) Negative

Now I know with PCOS that girls can get more than one positive in a month and more frequently because of hormone imbalance, but for me I never get af on my own and never really had a positive OPK. but since I started my metformin I had two natural af's so two cycles and my last cycle was 34 days!!

But the only problem is I think I caught the tail end of my LH Surge because later that day I were getting breast pains, cramps and watery CM (I don't seem to get EWCM) I get it slippery and like water, So im thinking I ovulate on CD 15 too.

Sarah, the clearblue monitors always worked for me but I would try to test 2x day so that I wouldn't miss the LH surge.

Hey Krissie

i am just fine dear, you say hows all going on MSA MA your baby 2 months old woooow so cute muaaah <3

bunny, baby and all where r u all wts going on?

AFM, Finally we decided to go with IUI ... from CD3 to CD10 i go through Merlion 150 iu ... CD11 i visit Dr again and ultrasound showed small follicles, and dr said we cant go with ovulation :/

now m on duphaston for 10days so let see when witch will appear so i visit dr on CD2 again

Thanks Aein. He is will 3 months on Friday! I cannot believe it. He is such a good baby, we were truly bless with him.

I am glad you have been able to move forward on your ttc journey. I hope that next month goes better for ovulation. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->