Michigan mommas to be!

I'm wondering how I'm going to work my schedule. I work at a chemical plant, on swing shift... so 2 weeks of 12 hr day shifts, then 2 weeks of 12 hr night shifts. That isn't going to be easy when pregnant!!

And hubby and I work the same shift. So when the baby is born.... that's going to have to change somehow. We can't both be at work for the same 12 hrs with no one to stay with junior...
Yeah tht will need some adjustment...my hubby and i are on oppisite shifts...and will need someone for only 3 hrs 3days a week. Lol my family either lives too far or work too much. We shall see.

A girl at work announced she was pregnant tonight. She's due Dec 20th, so I'm not that far behind her.. about 4 weeks behind.

That's awesome, cuz I'll have someone to commiserate with. It sucks, because both of us AND our husbands all work here... so if we both start looking for a day shift position, I now have competition. *sigh* And I can't really blame her, because it's for the same reason as me!

Had my family doc appt today. Basically all they did was have me pee in a cup, and tell me what I already know... I'm pregnant. They gave me a suggested OB/GYN to call though. Then I'll probably have to wait for another month for an appt.

How are you girlies doing?

A girl at work announced she was pregnant tonight. She's due Dec 20th, so I'm not that far behind her.. about 4 weeks behind.

That's awesome, cuz I'll have someone to commiserate with. It sucks, because both of us AND our husbands all work here... so if we both start looking for a day shift position, I now have competition. *sigh* And I can't really blame her, because it's for the same reason as me!

Had my family doc appt today. Basically all they did was have me pee in a cup, and tell me what I already know... I'm pregnant. They gave me a suggested OB/GYN to call though. Then I'll probably have to wait for another month for an appt.

How are you girlies doing?

That happened to me at my first appointment also. I walked out feeling disappointed (I knew they couldn't do much but still). My last appointment they gave me a binder from Covenant which basically explains delivery/hospital stay etc. Did they do any bloodwork or anything?

That happened to me at my first appointment also. I walked out feeling disappointed (I knew they couldn't do much but still). My last appointment they gave me a binder from Covenant which basically explains delivery/hospital stay etc. Did they do any bloodwork or anything?

No they didn't. Which is what disappointed me. When I set up the appt, I had asked about bloodwork, and they told me they had a lab there and that I'd get results back in 2 days.

Then apparently they changed their mind. They're going to let the OB/GYN order bloodwork when I meet with them. Which won't be until I'm 8 weeks. I set that appt up today. They're going to send me an info packet and some stuff to fill out, as well as profiles on their OB/GYN's so I can choose one. That's kind of nice!

Hey ladies. Hows everyone doing? New symptoms? The sleepy part and the heart burn now then def. Have my attn. Lol

So far, I'm not really feeling a whole lot different. Little things here and there. Boobs are sore on and off... still feeling the pressure like AF cramping on and off. Definitely getting heartburn more, and now my sense of taste seems a little weird. Very tired, but having a wee bit of insomnia. (this could be work related though)

Feeling pretty good overall though!!

How about everyone else?

My bellybutton is getting more and more shallow... Which is weird feeling. I put an offer in on a house in Dearborn heights yesterday, it's a short sale... Which can go either way I guess. But I need out of my parents house and my potential mortgage would be cheaper than renting an apartment... So yeah. I need a roof over my head and a room for my baby boy to grow up in. We (the baby I'm growing and myself) used to live with the baby's father/my now ex, but he left us and then decided he was so sorry for cheating. Uh no. So I left him for good.... And that means finding a place of my own

I feel fatter LOL and I've been peeing a lot more. I bought a Sonoline B doppler and found the HB last night! So cool :)

How is everyone else? Anyone still have MS? Mine went away a couple weeks ago thankfully!

I'm feeling alright - still feel like I have mono! SO TIRED!

Have my next ultrasound 6/14 at 12+4 :happydance:!

My back hurts so bad but think I did something to it at work (so sore!) lol so can't believe it is from anything else.

Starting to not be able to hold in my tummy anymore and getting ok with that!:thumbup:

How are the rest of you feeling?:hugs:

The morning sickness is starting to kick in. I was hoping I'd be lucky enough not to get it! It's not bad yet... mostly just nausea throughout the day, but not enough to make me run for the bathroom yet. My boobs have definitely gotten bigger. Struggling with constipation a little.

Still waiting for my first OB/GYN appointment... 2 more weeks, time is crawling!!

Well I am feeling pretty good. Found out we are having twin :twingirls::happydance:
Have another appointment on the 16th...cant believe that I am in the second trimester already, time is flying for me.
Hope everyone else is still doing good!!

Twins? That's exciting!

Just got my fetal echocardiogram today (I'm high risk due to type 1 diabetes) and baby looks amazingly healthy so far :)

Yeah, I knew it was twins at my 6 week ultrasound. I have to have infertility treatments so I always knew it was a possibility but just didnt think it would happen to us, we have another son singleton from the same type of infertility, but this time I was a little more invasive as it was going to be the last pregnancy and I didnt want it to take forever to get pregnant again. So I did Clomid and the Gonal-F shots and knew it was twins the day we got pregnant(had to dreams about twins girls that week) and then tho and behold, we are having twins and they are GIRLS, I am super excited even tho my husband is freaked out.

Thats good that baby looks very healthy and things are going well for you!!!

That is awesome you had a dream about it! I had a dream last night I was having a girl! LOL

Happy Monday ladies! How are we feeling today?

It was so hard to get out of bed for me - SO COMFY! Ready to take on another week then get up north!!!:thumbup:

Hubby had to drag me out of bed this morning. :haha: The latest and greatest - acne. I'm breaking out all over my back, shoulders and in my hairline on my scalp! How annoying! And they're not just little ones, they're the deep painful ones that stay for days at a time. Anyone else have this issue? Anything that can be done for it?

I had that... It will go away on it's own in like 2 weeks. :)

Ugh, the ex is driving me nuts. Okay quick story... I'm a type 1 diabetic, this pregnancy is expensive medical costs wise... The boyfriend of 4 years decided to cheat on me/have an affair when I was 8-12 weeks pregnant, as he works out of state for a month at a time. As a result of him cheating, I left him and moved in with my parents...

He is refusing to pay my medical bills that are related to the pregnancy. I'm only working part time, so that's near impossible to pay on my income. He wants joint custody and only wants to pay 200 a month in child support. He even tried to convince me to sign an agreement that if he buys me a car of his pickings, that I'll give him joint custody and he'll pay 200 a month, if that. Uh no, that's blackmail. So he said he'll get a lawyer who will make the courts give me even less money and him joint custody and the weeks he's supposed to get the baby he'll have his parent watch him.

I don't know what to do :(

I had that... It will go away on it's own in like 2 weeks. :)

Ugh, the ex is driving me nuts. Okay quick story... I'm a type 1 diabetic, this pregnancy is expensive medical costs wise... The boyfriend of 4 years decided to cheat on me/have an affair when I was 8-12 weeks pregnant, as he works out of state for a month at a time. As a result of him cheating, I left him and moved in with my parents...

He is refusing to pay my medical bills that are related to the pregnancy. I'm only working part time, so that's near impossible to pay on my income. He wants joint custody and only wants to pay 200 a month in child support. He even tried to convince me to sign an agreement that if he buys me a car of his pickings, that I'll give him joint custody and he'll pay 200 a month, if that. Uh no, that's blackmail. So he said he'll get a lawyer who will make the courts give me even less money and him joint custody and the weeks he's supposed to get the baby he'll have his parent watch him.

I don't know what to do :(

Ohhh you poor woman!! My ex and I have joint custody of my daughter, it works for us but sometimes I have days where I wonder why the hell I ever agreed to do such a thing. Oh and not to mention I get a whopping $35 a WEEK for child support...doesn't pay for a damn thing. AND now he wants to go back to friend of the court to wipe it out completely because we have joint custody. I don't know, it's a mess that's for sure :dohh:

Anyway, take it one day at a time as hard as it really is...my ex got a lawyer and all that crap as well because I moved on and started dating someone which he was jealous of so he wanted to get full custody of her. Basically to try and scare the shit out of me because he had a full time job and I didn't work just stay at home with our daughter. Well guess what, the judge favored me over him :thumbup:. Guys clearly just suck, and if he does pull some crap I would mention how he's out of town a lot for work and if need be bring up how he cheated on you during your pregnancy...GOOD LUCK!! :hugs:

Yeah that's my plan. I only want him at the hospital so that a paternity test is done, I guess FOC needs it for child support establishment for cases where the parents were never married? I'm ready to tell him if he doesn't want to pay child support, fine... Sign your rights over so I can make sure I do my best for my child. We will see what happens.

How is everyone feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->