Mid first trimester BMs - yes... let's talk poo

Butters519

Reaction score
Ladies, I have nowhere else I can say this. I had constipation the last couple weeks, now I'm even more miserable with diarrhea. I'm hearing that it might be my prenatal vitamin? Anyone have any thoughts? I'm also on extra folic acid due to being on lamotrigine, just fyi... not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

I had this issue with pregnancy from the start until around 18 weeks. I took the same prenatal as I had in my 2nd pregnancy. It was so odd to me because I usually deal with constipation. I just made sure to drink plenty of water and if it became worse to call OB.

I’m dealing with the same. 2 weeks ago I had a panic attack because I just couldn’t get it to come out. *TMI* I wiped just to see if anything was trying to come out and there was so much blood. I was so scared! I realized that it was scraping as it was coming out. It finally did come out, but was super painful and I was sore a few days. It’s definitely prenatal related. I make sure I drink lots of water and not too much fiber, but a good amount. Some days are better than others.

STOOL SOFTENER WILL BE YOUR BFF! Seriously! When pregnant with my daughter I had this issue and described it to my OB (who is hilarious and we banter) as “doc, each time I poop I give my ass an episiotomy!” He said stool softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->