Mid-May buddies!

She said bc I'll be 35 when the baby is born

Lanet, is there a risk with the progesterone? How come you don't want to take it?

I've been taking the OTC version of diclegis for weeks and I've felt so much better this pregnancy. No need to suffer! Plus, the unisom makes me sleep so well.

I took that at first as well, and with my previous pregnancies but I finally asked for the prescription after reading that it's time released and works even better, and it's definitely true! It's so expensive though! I hope I don't need it much longer. I do have a history of severe morning sickness though so I won't try to go off of it until maybe 14 weeks.
The progesterone shots are muscular, very expensive, and leave you pretty sore.
Since my last pregnancy was ivf I'm no stranger to shots and hormones and was just really hoping to avoid that this time. Of course I would do whatever is necessary but the dr agreed with me that of course the twins were born early so that might've not been a good indicator, and my singleton was born at 36 weeks 6 days, and was totally fine. But she's considered 1 day early. So there doesn't seem to be a clear need, you know? But in my chart it just shows a pattern of premature rupture of the membranes.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense then. I've seen it keep people who have had extreme preemies deliver at term. 36.6 isn't bad though. Diclegis would've cost me $400 a month so I couldn't justify that :(.

Jenzy I hear you on the diclegis cost! I went on the manufacturer website and they have a mail order company that will ship it for $1 per pill, so that brought my cost to $120 per month for the highest dose. I was in bed depressed and crying at the thought of going through this again while taking care of 2 toddlers so to me it's been a lifesaver, although I'm still nauseous most of the day, just not nearly as bad. I really wish I could enjoy pregnancy but I just feel pretty bad.

That is a lot better priced. Luckily my $20 of unisom/b6 has worked. The last 2 days I've felt much better so hopefully you will too. Do you have young toddlers? I've been pretty spoiled by my 3 year old being pretty self sufficient.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense then. I've seen it keep people who have had extreme preemies deliver at term. 36.6 isn't bad though. Diclegis would've cost me $400 a month so I couldn't justify that :(.

$400!? That is utterly insane. Diclegis (same thing) cost me I think $20 for 40 or 60 pills (I do not remember how much of my prescription they actually gave me) at 80% coverage. In Canadian dollars of course.

My insurance makes me pay full price until deductible $1250. Then I pay 15% from there until I think I hit $2500. While I could get it and be at my deductible this year faster, I would rather just get unisom/b6 for $20 and have enough for my whole first trimester.

In the US diclegis is very expensive and requires prior authorization to even get it.

Lanet ha ha then I am also an old crock of a mom at 34. I still feel like I am 21! Only the 21 year olds don't think so!!

Missdoc I also feel like it's only a few more weeks away till I start to feel better so the finish line is near but man if this nausea was just one notch worse I would totally be inhaling the pills. I felt so so so good all day and then it got me at 3pm. Normally I feel a bit queasy in the morning and then horrid in the afternoon but today I felt back to normal! Until I didn't :(

Jenzy my twins are 20 months old so very high maintenance! I also have a 13 year old daughter, also high maintenance!! Lol
Yes my insurance wouldn't cover diclegis at all bc it's new and bc you can buy the ingredients over the counter.
Dannypop how many weeks are you? I remember last pregnancy I was feeling improvement at 11 weeks and much better at 14, praying it's the same or even earlier this time

Lol I'm a first time mom at 33 (34 in may, so depending on when baby arrives will be 34 when it he/she arrives). These diclectin pills are not the magic pills I thought they would be lol. Maybe took the edge off slightly, but still feel quite terrible. C'mon 2nd tri!!!!

I wish we could get Diclectin in the UK, I'd have loved to try it. But it's just not available, even over the counter. Apparently a UK drug company has bought the drug but it won't be out until mid 2017. I ended up on Ondanestron in the end. Just the generic stuff, I don't think it comes branded here! I do feel lucky to have the NHS & free health care when I hear of the drug costs over the US & Canada though!

I was feeling happy this morning as I didn't feel sick much at all but then bang, hit me really bad at lunch time :( my colleagues all eat hot food at their desks, I find it so difficult to cope with with! I'm now laying on the sofa feeling very sorry for myself!

Sonny, I think that is Zofran. I hated the side effects of that one last time! I'm surprised you all can't get doxylamine succinate and vitamin b6 over the counter. You all are more strict, though, with OTC meds. I hear they are more expensive too and people stock up when they come here. I have lots less taxes but more medical cost. I do wonder who comes out better.

Who knows :) probs depends on how ill either of us has been over the years! Its all swings and roundabouts with healthcare I think. NHS can be wonderful and I cannot praise the staff enough for the care they've given me in the past, but it can also be very slow & antiquated at times. But it is nice to not have to worry about money when you are ill I suppose! I would love the earlier scans you get in the US/Canada though!

Yeah, it's very odd you can't get doxylamine here. It just doesn't seem available at all. And my doctor said it's not something they prescribe anymore so pharmacies won't have it. We have a million sleeping pills just none with that in! Still, sounds like it's on its way over though!

And yeh, the Zofran/Ondanestron side effects are not great. For me mostly I can't go to the toilet! But it's stopped me vomiting for the most part, which I'm terrified of - am emetophobic :( I hope it passes soon.. am 12 weeks today ..!

Sonny i take the genetic zofran as well, lately I've been only taking it sparingly but with the twins I took it regularly. I absolutely hate throwing up as well and I will avoid it at all cost! Lol 12 weeks hopefully you will be feeling really good soon!!

I managed to throw up twice today on the high street,very embarrassing but nothing I could do to stop it!!
Have my 12 week scan a week today,can't wait! Appt is not until 3:10 though so will probably be anxious all day. DH has taken the day off work so hoping we can go out for lunch before or something.

I hope everyone feels better soon! Roll on 2nd tri!!

So glad I haven't thrown up yet! I've come soooooo close though. Can't wait for first tri to be done!!!

I managed to throw up twice today on the high street,very embarrassing but nothing I could do to stop it!!
Have my 12 week scan a week today,can't wait! Appt is not until 3:10 though so will probably be anxious all day. DH has taken the day off work so hoping we can go out for lunch before or something.

I hope everyone feels better soon! Roll on 2nd tri!!

Oh no! That sounds awful :( perhaps my biggest fear is throwing up in public! Work has been stressful as I literally could not sit further away from the bathroom!

I hope you are OK now and your scan went well?

Every time I've thrown up I've had enough time to saunter casually over to the toilet to dry heave. :D

In other news I had my second attempt at a nuchal scan today. I guess it went well. We got a measurement. Tech showed me and it looked kinda thick, but she didn't give me the actual measurement. Fingers crossed that with the bloodwork it's just my imagination and it was just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->