Mid-May buddies!

Ahh. In a few weeks I'm sure we'll all be sporting definite bumps! When I listen to the heartbeat, I can now find it higher up so things must be moving! I do still feel like a bit of a fraud though, I've had a few comments on my bump but I don't feel like it's actually baby!

Yes, exactly! Well said!! I feel like such a fraud. Like my belly is all out and round and I look pregnant, but it's a fake soft squishy one! Not a real baby one just yet. But oh that will come!

Question though, if we weren't pregnant, we wouldn't have said fake bump.....so can we count it as showing anyways? Even if it's not all baby, it's only there because we're pregnant, so that counts, right? Hehe

Hi everyone! I haven't been around lately. Once I got over my sickness, and seeing as I don't have a bump yet, I just didn't have anything to say!

I'm definitely bloated, but it's not an actual hard beautiful bump at all. If anything I think my butt is growing faster than my belly!

My moods are stable, I'm not over eating like I was in first tri, I'm not sick at all.. I'm just kinda hanging out waiting until Christmas haha

That sounds like a good place to be butternut! I think I'm at the end of my sickness but not quite over it.
And I always look forward to when my belly sticks out farther than my butt lol

That's so good Butternut! I can't wait to feel like that! My aim is Christmas. If my sickness could just pass by 24th December, I'd be delighted! It'd be so sad to not enjoy Christmas Dinner!

Weirdly, my tiredness is totally gone. I've luckily never felt totally exhausted but I've been very tired. That's gone. I feel quite normal in that regard. My food aversions have largely gone too but I just don't like food much anymore. I now eat to live as opposed to I used to very much live to eat! I guess that could be cos the nausea is still very much hanging around :( butt, hopefully in the home straight and it'll pass by 20 weeks!

That
And I always look forward to when my belly sticks out farther than my butt lol

Haha yes! I looked at maternity clothes online today because I was sick of my pants creeping down and exposing my underwear, but all the pregnant models had such huge beautiful bellys and I'm definitely not at that stage. I'm just booty and bloat right now 😄

That's so good Butternut! I can't wait to feel like that! My aim is Christmas. If my sickness could just pass by 24th December, I'd be delighted! It'd be so sad to not enjoy Christmas Dinner!

Fingers crossed for you! I'm so excited for Christmas this year. I hope you feel better soon!

I think I'm starting to feel normal! This is the earliest I've ever felt better in my 3 pregnancies. First was 24 weeks, second 14-16.
I'm beginning to question my feelings that this is a girl and think maybe it could be a boy! I should know Monday or Tuesday!

We are certainly in the home stretch now ladies to feeling better! Even just knowing the longest part is way behind us makes the nausea that much more tolerable.

The day I turned 14 weeks it just stopped. But I didn't have a chance to notice cause I have been working on a project like a maniac -have had to design a 100-page book in 3 days! My editor was at my house till midnight after a solid 15-hour shift at our desks. Luckily I work from home! Anyway, what a pleasure eating supper and not feeling like dying halfway through!! Not even a hint of queasiness.

And as I was sitting at my desk I literally felt my belly pop out! I went from flat to obviously pregnant in a day. Strangers now comment on the street. One lady said to DH "your wife is carrying a girl". How the heck she can tell when baby is actually so small and wouldn't make a difference to how I carry yet. Prob cause she saw my two boys and wanted to voice her theory! Ha ha.

Ah sonny, like you I live to eat! Hope you are back to normal soon. Eating to live is the pits!!

And yay for finding out gender in a few days Lanet!

My nausea is basically gone, has been for a good week. I still feel vomit risk when something triggers me, like smelling the bathroom or having the feeling of something stuck in my throat (possibly phlegm) or coughing and burping at the same time... But otherwise I'm good! Just a super-strong gag reflex.

On the topic of showing, I'd sort of agree, even in first tri, that the bloat you probably wouldn't have without pregnancy is 'showing'. Even if it kind of goes away. Bloat was my first symptom, I was undoing my pants while sitting at work because I was so bloated before I even got my BFP.

Random topic but I've decided my cat has got confused with my pregnancy. He is a exceptionally friendly chap but he's never been a lap cat at all. Prefers sitting next to us on the sofa. But the last few weeks he's suddenly refusing to sit anywhere but my OH's knee! I've read that cats/pets sometimes become more affectionate in pregnancy but towards the pregnant person! Mine seems to have got confused and is giving all his affection to my partner :) making me chuckle!

So glad many of us are finally feeling better!

As for a bump mine used to be there in the evenings and gone in the morning. One day I woke up and it was there, DH was the first to notice.

I have started feeling little movements which I am certain is baby. I also got a huge kick or roll on Sunday about 20 minutes after I had finished a huge roast dinner and pudding.

That's so exciting MaryPoppins! Your little one must be very wriggly! I'm excited to start feeling movement, it'll make it seem more real I think! I'm coming up 16 weeks so hopefully it'll be soon! :)

Had my 16 week midwife appointment today, very uneventful. She didn't listen to the heartbeat or anything.. just told me my blood group and took my blood pressure! I guess there's not much to be done at this stage though! My blood pressure is really low apparently which would explain why I feel quite faint all the time! Maybe that's not helping with the nausea!

My 16 week appt is next Tuesday and I was hoping she would have a listen for the heartbeat!
I will ask anyways.

lanet and Sonny, hope you're feeling better! Lanet, did you find out the gender yet?

amanda, I agree! We ARE pregnant, even if it's squishy it should still count as a bump :)

:wave: Hi Butternut, nice to see you! I'm there too, just existing, lol. Waiting to feel some kicks! I've already picked up some Mat clothes...why not. Maybe they'll make me look more the part! And wow, so comfortable!

Wow, Dannypop, you just felt it go like that? Amazing! I'm kinda jealous :haha:

MaryP, congrats on feeling baby! I have had little flutters, maybe baby? She was kicking up a storm during the doppler yesterday!

Sonny, I'm having the same thing. Lower blood pressure. I've almost feinted a couple of times when I've been on my feet for long. My doc said eat a little more salt, exercise, stay hydrated, and consider compression socks/stockings to help with it because the blood pools in the lower legs when standing for long, which leads to the dizzy feelings. I haven't tried the socks yet, but if I do, I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I wish the next 3 weeks would pass very quickly. I am anxious to get my level 2 ultrasound on Dec. 16th. I haven't been feeling too terribly anxious over the past month since I know my NIPT results and listen to the heartbeat at home periodically, but knowing that the heart, liver, kidneys, stomach, neural tubes, brain, bladder, and all of that are safely developing will give me a lot more peace of mind.

I was surprised my midwife didn't listen to the heartbeat, I thought it was fairly standard from 16 weeks but maybe not where I am or maybe I needed to ask!

Thank you for the blood pressure tips! I think I actually have some pressure socks from a previous hospital stay, I'll see if I can hunt them down!

I'm counting down to the next scan too, mines the 22nd! One month to go! I'm mostly excited for hopefully finding out the gender! :)

Oo, can you hear baby kick on the Doppler BeccaB? What does it sound like? There are always so many noises coming through! Sometimes I find babies heartbeat just sounds like a very fast version of mine and other times, almost like horses hooves! I assume it just depends on position of the heart to the Doppler?

I had a gender ultrasound (purely for photos - we already found out gender through the harmony test) and little one kicked the entire time! We couldn't even get a clear picture of the lower body because they just wouldn't sit still for even a second!

I can't feel it at all, thank god. If they're anything like this later on it's going to be incredibly rough for me!

MissDoc, have you done any better with the dizziness? I hope you're able to put your feet up instead of having to stand long hours! 3 weeks until your next scan, man oh man! At least this time of year there's so much going on that it will hopefully go by fast!

Sonny, definitely ask, why not, right? The worst they can do is say no. You could always say you're worried, etc. I dunno, I think they might do mine because of my history, but he's always got it with him at our visits. I think he just keeps it in his coat for everyone. And yes, you can hear the baby kick on the doppler! He pointed it out yesterday - it sounded like little taps - I don't know if you've ever tapped on a microphone with your fingers or palm of your hand, but it sounded a lot like that. Not what I would think at all! The HB fluctuated a lot depending on how baby was moving and where he had it, so I think it really does depend on the positioning of both heart and doppler.

I'm also counting down! 12/19 is my next scan. I'm not even really thinking about it because I'm still on the afterglow of that doppler :cloud9:

Butternut, what an active baby!! Maybe the LO will settle down, I hope so for your sake! I don't think I'll mind lots of kicks, but I'm not sure never having felt them before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->