Mid-May buddies!

Just wondering if I can join you ladies? I'm 15+1 and due May 20th with my second nugget and OH's first. I already have a DS but he's 6 and I was too young to take in pregnancy/labour/parenting properly then, so it feels like approaching it for the first time!

It's never too late to join us! Welcome Dream!

I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and it feels like I am doing this all for the first time!!

Welcome DreamCatcher! :) congratulations on your second little one!

Hope your pregnancy is treating you well?

Thanks ladies.

It's not too bad but definitely not a walk in the park. I am constantly exhausted and find things like cleaning the house complete knacker me: I can barely function after 9 hours sleep and am shattered again by dinner time. I am also horribly nauseous 24/7 but not too sick, which is an upside.

Hi dreamcatcher!
My horrible nausea is subsiding and today I had a lot of energy! It was wonderful and I got a lot of cleaning done. I hope it lasts. The last 2 days I didn't feel well at all.

Dream, the nausea is the pits. I'm sorry you are still feeling it so badly. With DS2 it lasted till 16 weeks so perhaps you are only a few days away from feeling back to normal! How long did it last with you DS? Can you remember?

I am loving when I wake up in the morning and can feel and see the bulge of my uterus and I press gently around it's edges. It's so amazing to finally see the fruits of all these months of feeling so yuck.

We went away for the weekend to the beach and it truly was perfect watching DH with the boys and our dog swimming and playing, knowing our 3rd and final little family member is on her way.

Danny that sounds wonderful! I feel similar knowing that this baby completes our family. I was in urgent care for stomach pain this weekend but on the plus side I got to hear the babies heartbeat again.
With dd1 my nausea was full on until 24 weeks. With the twins it was 14-16 weeks. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and def feeling better but not 100%, I have good and bad days and moments. I'm sorry for you girls still really suffering

I'm still longing for the day I wake up and don't feel sick! It has improved in its severity quite a bit, but it's still 24/7! It's just at an annoying level now, enough to make me feel crappy but not so bad that I have an excuse to curl up and do nothing!

I'm 16+4 today.. still keeping the hope it'll pass and not be all pregnancy! My midwife said hopefully by 20 weeks otherwise I might be lumbered the whole pregnancy!

Hey ladies! Man, I'm having the worst round ligament pain. It's been pretty constant for 24 hours, and I completely freaked out last night worrying something was wrong. Went to the ER, and everything is fine with baby. Dr said some people get a lot of pain with ligaments stretching around this time, and Tylenol might help. My back also hurts a lot, which may not be related, but doesn't help. Anyways, I can deal with the pain as long as I know baby's ok. Anyone had severe RLP?
On the plus side, I may have felt baby move with that "popping" sensation everyone talks about!

Welcome to the new ladies! And congrats on your pregnancies. :)

And sorry to those unlucky of us who continue to have nausea and icky symptoms. I do too. But, I do notice it is shifting a little. Less morning and day time, more night time nausea. So I hope that means that in the next week or two it'll dissipate entirely. Fingers crossed! Currently my symptoms are: night time nausea, dizziness with standing for too long, needing more sleep, reflux after dinner, and dreaded constipation.

I may have already said this, but because I mostly look like I've eaten too many cheeseburgers all the time, the baby's nickname has lovingly become "cheeseburger", lol. Poor kiddo.

Cheeseburger! I love it! Hmm mine should be called potato chips or chocolate.

Yes I am having RLM! I saw my midwife today for my 16 week check and she said thats what it is,most common on the right hand side. It only started last night. She said it usually lasts 2-3 weeks.

Also I had my appendix out 12 years ago and she said there is scar tissue there that can flare up.

Sonny it really is such a hard road when you feel consistently queasy. It just doesn't want to go away and nags at you all day/night. I really hope it goes for good ASAP!

Lanet and Amanda oh my word how scary! So awful when you get any pain cause immediately you fear it's baby-related. And back pain especially hits right on the nerve of fearing MC even though it's so unlikely at this stage. We always will worry. I STILL rush off to the loo every time I feel a watery sensation down there and I want to cry with relief when I don't see blood. And all that took was 1 MC at only 6 weeks to freak me out for this pregnancy.

Danny, yeah....this is my first after 2 back to back early miscarriages (5 and 6 weeks). It's comforting to know that miscarriage is so unlikely, and thankfully I'm feeling MUCH better today. Still slight pains, but not constant. So good to see little bubs on the monitor last night though. Saw heart beating and munchkin gave a little wave. Feeling more at ease today.
So nausea is better, but I have NO appetite. Such a strange feeling for me lol.

Amanda I had missed the post about the ER, so glad it wasn't serious! During my twin pregnancy I had lots of heavy bleeding until 17 weeks. After doing ivf to conceive them I was soooooo scared I was going to lose them. This pregnancy has been so uneventful and it's so nice to not have that constant worry.

It is always such a relief to see them wriggling about and to hear the heartbeat! It puts your mind at rest and helps ease the worry.

Wow Lanet so wonderful to be having a boring old pregnancy this time around! Ha ha!

Sorry to hear about the worrying pain! :( glad things are feeling a bit better! I'm lucky to so far to just have regular aches and pains but I totally still panic about a bad twinge or an unusual cramp!

My last two days have been holy moly heartburn. I have no idea what happened yesterday but I went out for dinner with work and ate a fairly plain meal but suddenly felt like someone was stamping on my chest. It honestly felt like I was having a heart attack! It only calmed down with rennie, zantac, milk of magnesia and gaviscon! And today, it feels like my oesophagus is red raw! It hurts to eat and drink! Youch!

(I feel so whingey in pregnancy. I'm honestly not one for feeling sorry for myself but pregnancy has reduced me to constantly complaining and feeling sorry for myself! Can I blame the hormones?!)

Sonny that sounds awful! I take a prescription acid reducer during pregnancy. It's just out of control
I'm feeling whiney myself today for vanity reasons. I'm feeling so fat and I have nothing to wear. I really feel like my arms are big and I'm considering doing some light lifting or something :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->