Mid-May buddies!

I'm waiting for my test results, it's been a week, very anxious to hear!!
I also have low blood pressure while pregnant and not. I have to stand up slowly etc.
I'm thinking they Doppler at each appt but I'm not sure, my ob did a quick ultrasound at each visit with the twins bc she said Doppler can get confusing when listening for 2, so I'm not sure how she will do it this time. My next appt is in the morning

When they kick it, it does sound like they tap it. Mine does that and moved away.

Compression socks are great later on to help with swelling.

I have my scan in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it but it also makes me a bit sad as I don't know if I'd get another one later on.

Had my 16w appointment today. Heard heartbeat. No kicks.

Least I don't have to worry about loss for now. Next appt is my anatomy scan. :)

I had my 13 week appt today, she couldn't hear the heart beat clear enough to count it so she did another quick ultrasound. 160 bpm. I'm still guessing girl. My test results are still not in.

Oh yeah, my nuchal results got sent to my GP and not my OB, which makes sense I guess since my GP was the ordering doctor, but around here we are supposed to have a program that allows test results from a particular patient to be viewed by any of that patient's care providers, and the Nuchal results apparently don't get put on it. So my OB didn't know.

Hopefully you will get the results soon Arturia.
I got my results this afternoon, low risk of any abnormalities and...it's a boy!! We are so excited! 2 boys 2 girls for us!

Hey ladies. 15 weeks today and trucking along. My current concern is I haven't been eating well. I've definitely been overeating and all the wrong things (sweets, carby things, fastfood) and I'm feeling the effects in my body. Gaining weight that doesn't feel like "pregnancy weight" if that makes sense, and more constipation and fatigue. I think getting back into a rhythm of better eating and more activity will help a lot.

I also am having a ton of night nausea-- weird. Every single night when I try to go to sleep or even just lie down, the nausea comes. The morning and day time sickness is a lot better (as long as I don't skip a meal or go too long without a snack), but the night times are kicking my butt. Very strange. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with when I last ate at night either.

Lanet-- yay for your little boy! What a balanced family you'll have!

Arturia-- Hopefully your OB gets access to the results soon, as they are the ones who typically need that info. Do you know your results yet?

Oh no Missdoc. I am so sorry to hear you are struggling at night now. I know we are supposed to forgive ourselves when our weight rockets a bit off the charts when pregnant but I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the "non-baby" weight. Firstly, dont even think about it until the nausea has completely gone. Then you can start trying to eat less of the bad and more of the good. I hope the MS passes soon for you!

As for kicks -my BEST part of this whole deal ;)
I found I first experienced it as little bubbles around 15 weeks and then my first real little tap was like a tiny flick -definitely not a bubble and not something you feel on the outside of your tummy. But an inner tap. Too exciting! And then around 18 weeks I think I started getting the proper punches that you can see and others can feel. DS1 once kicked DH in the face!

I won't be feeling anything for a while as my planecta is posterior this time round. Boo!!!

Danny I thought posterior placenta was in the back, meaning kicks are felt more easily? That's what I have.
I'm 15+4 today, and although the upset tummy has definitely improved, it's not at all gone. I had a few days where I felt good, but yesterday afternoon wasn't great, and this morning neither. I'm DYING to feel baby move, but nothing so far that I can say for sure. My bump seems to be growing though, so feeling good about that. It does seem pretty big for this stage of the game though!
I wasn't a small girl to begin with, put on a lot of weight through fertility treatments, so I know what you mean about adding weight that's not baby weight. Not eating super well either, which I know I should, but at the same time, as long as I'm actually eating, I've been told baby only takes the best of the best.

Congratulations on a little boy Lanet! :) MissDoc, I'm 16 weeks today and still feeling pretty rotten too! My eating is mediocre, I have healthy-ish main meals but my need to eat inbetween is constant and just carb and sweets! :( I do feel guilty all the time about eating packets of sweets everyday but what can you do? It's that or terrible nausea!

I tried water again today. Now I am feeling the urge to throw up. :( Nope, still a trigger.

Grats on a boy, lanet. :)

MissDoc - Technically if I wanted to I could make an appointment with my GP, it doesn't take too long. They would most likely have called me for an appointment if the results were troubling, however. Unfortunately, I would have to go sit in the clinic and wait for him to see me to get them, and my OB clinic will just phone me the results. I am just waiting for the call now. Probably tomorrow.

Girls I am right there with you overeating and choosing all the wrong things to ward off nausea. I'm depressed about my weight gain and really hope it balances out

Doh! I meant anterior placenta. After 2 posterior placentas and feeling so many kicks and actually seeing baby roll right over in my tummy I now have an anterior placenta boo!

Can't wait to feel those first kicks!

Eek, me either with the kicks! What does it feel like early on? I'm 16 weeks and pretty sure I've not felt anything yet but it is my first so I understand it might be later for me! I think baby/uterus is having a growth spurt this week, my upper legs and lower stomach are so painful!

Sonny with my first I felt like I tiny light flutter like, it felt like baby was scraping the side of my uterus lightly and did it a few times in a row. I was very distinct and was just a moment when I "knew" and didn't question. Very cool! Should be soon!
I thought I felt something similar the other day but it's early so I'm not 100%

Danny I figured that's what you meant.

I'm so excited. I got a new 2016 baby jogger city select with the second seat for less than what the stroller itself costs.

I think you do just know when you get that first real kick and then you wait and wait for it to happen again and when it does then it's quite easy to spot from then on. And then you look back and realize perhaps a few other times you were feeling it too.

Jenzy great deal on your stroller! I have the contours options double stroller and I've decided to just get a Tula carrier for the new baby

Lanet, that was my next option. I couldn't pass up the stroller and seat for $475 when I could sell it later for close to that. I think it's normally $700 something. My first hated to be worn so I definitely wanted a double.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->