Mid-May buddies!

I'm wondering about position these days too.. had a private scan at 28 weeks and baby was transverse. I feel movement on both sides of stomach, which makes sense. The last couple of days though, I've felt a lot less kicks but loads of just wriggling, pushing type movements, so I wondering if baby is trying to move into a different position! Is there a time that they should they start to go head down? Or is it not really a worry until much nearer your due date?

I think they still have plenty of time,even my twins flipped after 30 weeks. Id probably want them to start being head down by 34 weeks.
Mine is so active and all over the place right now! I can feel little feet from the outside.

Mine flips around all the time. Yesterday I felt kicks out the sides but this morning they are up high again.
Baby was in a strange position last night when I was sleeping,very uncomfortable!

Ahh. That's OK then, I did wonder what the dealio was with position! This little one is a wriggler but doesn't seem to budge in position. I feel movement in the same place every time. I think baby pushes her head outwards sometimes, I suddenly feel a rock solid lump on my right side (where her head was on the scan) a few times a day and it feels like she's really trying to push outwards! :)

My only bother is that I've not noticed a regular pattern yet. Baby moves fairly regularly so that's good but I couldn't say oh baby always moves around a certain time. For example, some mornings I wake up to movement, others I don't feel anything until mid morning or even lunch time. Then I get worried! Hopefully she'll settle down a bit more soon!

I asked the midwife on Thursday what position he is in and she said he's head down. I was surprised because I don't feel movements up high. It is all on the sides. Every 2 week appointments now. It feels too close!!

Ohh exciting Jenzy! I think I keep going with 3 weekly appointments until 34 weeks. My midwife told me she thought baby was head down the day after my scan showed baby was transverse.. I guessed baby had just moved but there's been no change in where I feel the kicks, so I'm not convinced. She said I'd be able to tell if baby was head down if I felt kicks above my belly button which I never have! Ah well, doesn't really matter at this stage, is just interesting to try and guess which bit is poking you! :)

Im seeing my midwife next sat for my 28 week appt (ill be 29+3 though!) And I think its every 2 weeks after that.
My trust is so busy that they have had to run extra clinics at the weekends, I am kind of happy because it means DH will come to an appointment that isnt a scan.

I start my every 2 weeks appt next time too. I also have my glucose test. I failed it last time.
I feel kicks everywhere! Way up high by the ribs and down low too.

I'm also feeling kicks etc all over the place! I guess I'll know for sure on Thursday when we have our scan.

Passed my glucose and my bloodwork was all good! :) Celebrated with a cookie :haha:.

That's great news!
My glucose test is in 2 weeks so I feel like I have 2 weeks left to eat icecream lol

congrats, jenzy! They never called me after my test, so I can only assume I passed!

I gave the midwife a call after my test to make sure. Then I ate too much candy for a few weeks in celebration and gained a bunch. Ooops. :haha: She's gonna be so pissed at my weigh-in. But I'm going to cut the junk food mostly for the next few months. Just sucks because I want ice cream and sweet stuff.

Are the diabetic tests automatically done? My midwife has never mentioned it at any point so I was surprised when my colleague asked if I'd had mine yet the other day? I'm in the UK? Glad your results are all coming back OK!

I know in the US it's standard at 28 weeks. I did have gestational diabetes with the twins but I've tested on my own a few times recently and think I might pass this time

Hi ladies, my EDD is May 15th. This is my first child and I am equally happy and nervous for the delivery. Many of my friends are suggesting me to go for stem cell banking to secure my baby’s future. And after a lot of thinking, I have decided to bank with Cordlife. I just wanted to share this advice with you all as we are due this may. You’ll should consider stem cell banking too, it assures to save your child from any health issues that he/she may have in life. All the best!

Are the diabetic tests automatically done? My midwife has never mentioned it at any point so I was surprised when my colleague asked if I'd had mine yet the other day? I'm in the UK? Glad your results are all coming back OK!

Only done in the UK if they consider you a risk. If a family member is diabetic, you have a high BMI or if you are from certain ethnic backgrounds

Only done in the UK if they consider you a risk. If a family member is diabetic, you have a high BMI or if you are from certain ethnic backgrounds

Ohh, super, thank you for the info! I'm none of those things thankfully. Hoping I stay well in that regard but sometimes I worry I eat a bit too much chocolate! My colleague has very large babies, so maybe that's why she did. Her first little one was born at 30 weeks weighing 5.2lbs! :-o and her second at 32 weeks weighing just under 5lbs! I imagine they might have been concerned as to why!

I think it can happen to anyone though. As far as i know. I know I was at risk with the twins. But I'm hoping I'm in the clear now

Yes unfortunately it can.
I believe when they do a urine dip at each appt here they look for indications and if they suspect you may have developed it they will send you for a test.

My sister had a 9lbs7oz baby 2 weeks ago. She didn't have diabetes and shockingly LOST 15lbs during her pregnancy at the start. She eventually gained the 15lbs back and another 5 lbs but I have no idea how she grew such a large baby!! He was also very long at 23 inches.

Starting to get quite worried now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"