Mid-May buddies!

I keep forgetting about the tdap! There's been an outbreak here too so I need to.

No more ultrasounds here either unless something goes wrong. I hope to go around 38 weeks like last time. At least not late because I have my SIL wedding May 27.

I'm sure they would have called if anything was wrong! I had to specifically ask about mine because they never called.

Bummer they wouldn't give you another scan! Not long to go now, though :)

Oh yeah, tDap! Me too, keep forgetting!

Oof, is anyone else getting lots of pressure in what I assume is the cervix area? When baby moves around in that area, it's really quite painful, it makes me jump out of my seat! And then I get a left over pressure like something is pushing down and out! I'm feeling really quite uncomfortable at the moment - walking is quite difficult! I'm guessing it's just the head pushing down? From others previous experience, will this uncomfortableness just stay around now if she's quite firmly head down?

I get something similar. I looked it up with last pregnancy and found a lot on "lightening crotch" which is how mine feels when it happens. The other day I couldn't walk or stand and then baby moved and I was fine. I'm not sure if this is what you're feeling or not. I feel like I get it when he's not head down. He is head down now though

Ah. I've heard that terms before but never known what it meant. A quick google and you are totally right! Thank you! Seeing my midwife this morning so I'll see where she thinks baby is these days! :)

I'm on the same page as you, ladies! It's intermittent, luckily. Anyone else just dragging today? Ugh....

Saw the midwife, babies head is, unsurprisingly, well down! Can't wait for 6 more weeks of this sensation..!

I'm in such a grump with my work today. They encouraged me to go for a promotion for when I get back after maternity and I had the interview last week. Now they've decided they need a second round of interviews and so I have to go back into work during my maternity leave :'( I'm so gutted! I'd have rather just had a decision one way or another! I don't want to think about work while on mat leave .. sigh!!

Glad to hear baby is head down! But yeah, I get you on that sensation...

So annoying you have to go in during mat leave!

Lightening crotch started with the twins at 14 weeks and scared me! I've only experienced it a few times this time luckily.
When are you all taking maternity leave? I have 5 weeks left and I'm counting the days. I do hair so I'm on my feet and also bending over the sink is brutal. And my belly bumps into people's heads and backs.

2.5 weeks of work left for me!
I have a scan on Friday to check on my placenta,hoping it has moved.
Baby was head down when I saw the midwife last time at 31 weeks but for the past few days has been lying very far on my left side. Bump is all lopsided and its quite painful! Last night I had a small lump (leg/foot?) Sticking out so far over, practically 90 degrees from my body!

My babe is head down as well but does prefer my right side. I'm feeling lots of body parts sticking out. My older daughter says its gross lol

Lanet, I can't imagine being on my feet all day! I have about 28 work days left, but I plan to work up to the delivery, so it could be more or less! Just wanting as much off time as possible. I work a low-stress medical office job so mainly I just have to worry about getting up and walking around every once in a while!

Mary, hope your scan goes well! I've got the opposite situation where she's crammed over to the right side for some reason. I was pretty sure I felt a foot the other night, too, but I wonder if that's even possible with an anterior placenta.

Midwife thinks my baby's head is over my right hip (I guess that'd make her vertical since her butt hangs out on the right side of my uterus with her feet floating up in the left... it's weird) but has ordered a scan to verify. Hopefully we'll see how big she is too, as the midwife said my fundal was a tad short. Thursday morning.

I have around 2.5 weeks of work left too. Then I'm burning 2 weeks worth of vacation and going on proper maternity a week before I'm due. Mainly because I want to enjoy some free time before my first baby comes and I don't really want to go into labor at work.

I finish on Friday! Which is crazy, feels very surreal! I'm using up annual leave from 03 April - 08 May, then my maternity kicks in. I'm pretty excited to be finishing I must say, I certainly won't miss my commute on bumpy country roads which make me feel like I'm about to give birth every morning!

Got my first antenatal class this evening, hoping it might be a good place to meet some other expectant mums as I don't know anyone locally. Sadly most of my friends who've recently had children are just about to start back at work! Don't really know what to expect from the classes themselves though..!

Ultrasound today says baby is head down and center! Yay! She's a bit small for 34 weeks though as the lady said they can be off by about 10 or 11 oz or something. (4lbs 8oz)

Yay for head down! How much should they weigh at 34 weeks? I think that sounds like a good weight!

Glad to hear she's head down, art! Everyone's been saying scans aren't super accurate at judging size, so sounds about right :)

Hello maternity leave! :) can't believe it's come round already..! Ahhh! 6 weeks (ish) to go..!

Two weeks to leave for me. I'm impatient. My birthday is right around then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->