Mid-May buddies!

Great news Danny that bubs is measuring spot on.
Last week of work for me! I have been having lower back period type cramps on and off all day today.

Saw my MW this past Sat and baby is def head down and she confirmed probably pressing on the cervix. Measured 34 weeks and heartbeat was 133. Iron has increased a little so told that the pregnancy vitamins will be enough now and I don't need to take the extra iron supplements.

DH and I went on the hospital tour yesterday. The Midwife led unit has 9 rooms, all en suite with birth pools and double beds. Also if we choose that then you labour and deliver and stay in the same room until discharge. DH will be able to stay 24/7 with us too.
Hoping when I go into labour they have space for us!

That sounds really lovely Mary! I need to go look round my options, I've left it a bit late! Although I'm pretty set on which hospital I think. I live in an area where two hospitals are under one umbrella trust and care is split over the two hospitals. I could give birth in the birth centre 5 minutes from my house but if anything goes wrong or I want anything stronger than gas & air, I'd be carted into an ambulance down to the other hospital! So as it's my first baby and I feel a bit anxious about labour, I'm choosing the other hospital where all the care is available under one roof!

Im def feeling nervous about labour these days.. but at the same time, I'm very ready to not be pregnant anymore! So I'm half excited, half scared! Need to get my hospital bag packed..!

That sounds really lovely Mary! I need to go look round my options, I've left it a bit late! Although I'm pretty set on which hospital I think. I live in an area where two hospitals are under one umbrella trust and care is split over the two hospitals. I could give birth in the birth centre 5 minutes from my house but if anything goes wrong or I want anything stronger than gas & air, I'd be carted into an ambulance down to the other hospital! So as it's my first baby and I feel a bit anxious about labour, I'm choosing the other hospital where all the care is available under one roof!

Im def feeling nervous about labour these days.. but at the same time, I'm very ready to not be pregnant anymore! So I'm half excited, half scared! Need to get my hospital bag packed..!

Yes we have 2 stand alone birth units in the trust too and its ambulance transfer if anything goes wrong. This is just like the stand alone one but in the hospital so if you need to be transferred the delivery suite is just down the hall.
I really wanted to have a home birth but DH was all panicky about that idea and pointed out he would be a shit birth partner in that scenario. This has been set up to feel like a home environment but its in a hospital so we both get what we want.

Danny, that's wonderful you're on track for an easy birth. Hope it will be the same for me!

Mary, congrats on your last week of work! Sounds like things are good with position. Your hospital sounds lovely! We had our hospital tour Sunday as well. We have to move from one floor to the other after delivery, but the facilities are lovely! They even keep food on hand for late night births, or you can bring your own and store it there in the "nourishment room." I'm thinking of requesting a room with a pool (only two rooms out of 21 don't have them). I'm hoping things are easy and we can leave early!

Sonny, I need to pack my hospital bag as well!

Midwife says baby is all healthy, head down and center. She's so wiggly lately. :haha: Eager to come out, maybe? Maybe she's enjoying all the birthday cake her mom's getting. :haha:

I'm just waiting for one of you to go into labor!
My baby has moved, my belly has dropped and significantly changed shape! I think he may be transverse which isn't a big deal as it's still easy for him to go head down.

Hehe also waiting! Does everyone have their bag ready to go? I think we'll do that this weekend as I'll be 36 weeks on Sunday. Had some pretty decent cramping a couple time last night and once today. I'm guessing BH! Are any of you installing the car seat yet? I don't wanna be struggling with that as we're leaving for the hospital, so I'm thinking we should get it in. Things seem to be going quickly now, which is just fine with me!!!

I plan on packing my bag at 34 weeks. I think I'll wait on the car seat but only because I have to live my twins to my 3rd row and I'm not sure I can climb back there 9 months pregnant! Looks like hubby will be arranging car seats when I'm in the hospital.

I wrote my hospital bag list last night, now I just need to actually pack it! I have everything I need I think bar wanting to buy some looser fitting joggers or similar for after the birth to keep comfy in. The OH has Good Friday & Easter Monday bank holiday coming up so we'll get the car seat in (after giving the car a good clean!) and I also want to get the co-sleeper attached to the bed.

I'm 36 weeks today and quite ready for baby to arrive. Everything hurts. Sleeping is impossible. Breathing is difficult. And I'll be delighted for my hormones to go back to normal. But mostly, I'm very excited to finally meet this little one! :)

Halfway through 36 weeks and I think I'd be content to be pregnant for a couple more years, lol. Planning on packing the bag this weekend - going to go as light as possible. We have the seat base installed, but I want to clean and switch it to the other side of the car. I'm working on printing out my birth plan (mostly just to list the things I don't want, i.e. episiotomy), but I have a checklist if anything should happen before I can consolidate it. I've been having a bit more cramping lately, more BH, and some back pain/pressure, but I can't really complain. The whole retaining fluids thing is just weird, though. I've also noticed she's more active lately, like art said.

Haha, labor watch! I wonder who will go first!

I have packed my bag.
Planning on writing a birth plan/wish list this weekend with DH.
We don't have a car but the carseat is all ready to come with us to the hospital to bring baby home in.
Today is my last day of work. Cant believe its flown by so quickly!!!

I'm with you mary on the last day of work, woo! :) I'll be packing my bag this coming week.

Haven't even thought about bags yet :haha:. Car seat can't go in yet as it's easier to have someone be able to ride in the middle of the van until it's needed. My Chico seat is so easy to install that I'm not worried about that. Once my parents leave at Easter, I plan on washing all the baby gear I have and setting things up.

I was seriously surprised at how easy the carseat base was to put in. I thought it would be a huge trial!

I would feel nervous leaving my husband to install the seat, but I feel he's an expert after the twins lol. I just ordered some nursing pads and maxi pads for after. I'm still waiting for baby's going home outfit to be delivered and then I'll wash it and pack his bag.

I have been having some serious braxton hicks today! My whole stomach has been going red :-/ and they are quite painful.. I thought they were meant to be painless?! Makes me nervous for actual contractions!

Saw my midwife this morning, baby is 4/5 engaged down into the pelvis (I know some places record palpable but I asked and she said she meant engagement) so that's good! She was very hopeful that with her head so far down, baby shouldn't now move fingers crossed!

Yey for your last days at work ladies! I've just finished my second week of mat leave, it's fab! :) it's so nice to spend your days at your own pace and not rushing out the door or stressing at work! I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as is possible in late pregnancy!

I've been nervous about installing the car seat as what if someone gets into an accident before we've even taken baby home and have to replace the whole thing? It just sounds expensive.

Our 3 in 1 doesn't have a base, but I need to check and see if the stroller one does. (and I'd assume it's in the box or not.)

Haha it is so easy that I don't know how people mess it up. Well, at least mine is. I really dislike the cheap car seats that show up at work so their bases probably suck as much as their non ratcheting tightening of the straps.

I need to get pads too. I hope my bleeding isn't too bad like that time. I HATE pads a lot.

I find Braxton hicks painful. There shouldn't be a pattern for them so if you can time them in a pattern definitely go in.

Arturia, the stroller one should have a base. No need yet for it in the car. Insurance should replace the car seat but it's still a hassle.

Sonny how often are you having the Braxton hicks? Do they go away when you lay down?
With the twins what I thought was Braxton hicks was actually dilating me, so keep an eye on them!

Ooh. I will keep an eye on them.. they seem to have calmed down a bit so far today I think. They started after the midwife gave baby a serious wriggle to check engagement! It really hurt when she did it!

I hate pads too Jenzy. I haven't worn them since I was about 14 and my mum let me buy some tampons :) ha, I remember begging her to buy me them as I found pads so awkward and uncomfortable at school! These maternity ones look huge as well! :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->