Mid-May buddies!

Honestly, after the first few days I didn't need a big pad at all. I still have the huge ones from last time. :haha: I need to buy smaller ones and then have a stash of pantyliners.

Do you girls get so so sore after a day of cleaning or errands? I can hardly walk! My entire pelvis just hurts.

Lanet, me too! Sometimes even the way I'm sitting causes my pelvis to hurt when I stand. Lol my waddle definitely becomes more prominent as the day goes on and I'm up more. Also, swollen feet have started.....gives me an excuse to ask hubby for a massage lol

I'm having a ton of contractions again. Roughly every 10 minutes for 2 hours so far. I hate going back in for no reason so I'm not sure what to do

I'm pretty sore if I do anything these days! I spent a couple hours shopping yesterday, nothing strenuous at all, but I literally could have cried when I got back to the car! My back & pelvis were crippled! Having a restful day today!

Hope you are ok Lanet, don't worry about getting checked if you need. Especially if the contractions are regular!

Glad to hear the soreness is all normal now!

Lanet, did you end up going last night? I wouldn't worry at all about getting checked either.

I didn't go, they slowed way down after a few hours and a bath. I have to work today but I'm going to try to take it easy after that.

I'm sore after walking a bit yesterday and a couple trips to the store - I was taken off guard by it!

Lanet, glad things died down a bit for you and you didn't have to go in.

Mary and Sonny your birthing centres sound absolutely wonderful. I wish we had facilities that accommodated a water birth. At my hospital you can't even hire a birthing pool. The c-section rate is so high and they definitely seem to push for medicated, controlled births. With DS2 the ward was full and I was the ONLY one to have had a vaginal delivery.

I really feel the need to use water as pain relief and I wish I was going in to an environment that was more supportive and gentle but I shall just knuckle down and make this birth MINE!

I have started gradually throwing things together in my hospital bag every few days. My MIL made me beautiful winter pjs that button down the front. But otherwise I have completely forgotten what I packed last time. I literally have no memory.

My baby shower is in 2 weeks time (I will be 38 weeks!) so I am waiting to see if a nice going-home outfit for baby emerges. I did a gender reveal in the invitation so now all my special friends know it's a girl. But other than that I have no details of the shower as 4 of my friends are organising it for me. Exciting!

I worry that baby is going to come early -I still want to highlight my hair, get my nails done etc cause postpartum recovery is never fun (think pads, blood, leaking boobs, flabby belly, sleep-deprived baggy eyes) so I need all the feel-good help I can get. But at the same time I hope she does make an early appearance. I keep getting menstrual cramps every morning or night so I think everything is getting ready!!

Danny I also have no memory of what I packed in my bag just 2 years ago! I did throw in my robe the other day. I have some maternity yoga pants that fold down that I plan on wearing home so I'll have to wait to pack those. It took my belly several days to go down with my previous pregnancies and my biggest mistake with my first was not being prepared for that. I thought I could wear regular clothes home and I was wrong. I also packed a nursing tank so far. I have also got babies stuff ready to pack. Outfits and blankets etc. and even a bag for my twins with big brother/sister books and new tablets.
I almost called it quits early at work because of the amount of contractions I'm having. I'm going to try to get through this week and talk to my dr Friday. I only have this week and next but I'm just not sure I can do it.

I'm also getting a wax Thursday, I got a pedicure last week. I've tried to find the energy to highlight my hair but I think I'm just going to leave it dark.

I've finally got my bag packed bar the last minute items I think. I've had to go into two bags though.. one for mine & babies clothes, blanket, muslins, toiletries etc and then a rucksack where I shoved nappies, pads, wipes and where will be snacks, drinks, camera, chargers etc.. the nappies and pads are in such bulky packets, there is no way they are fitting in my main bag! :-/ hopefully that's OK! I've never been good at packing light.. and it's hard when you don't know how long you'll actually be in for!

I've had a haircut this week to hopefully stay looking nice for a while! I'd really like to dye it but I usually do it myself with shop bought stuff and I'm dubious. I have done it once this pregnancy and I felt really guilty about it :-/ duno whether to just power through the roots now until she's out.. I only lighten my hair up to a nicer blonde so my roots aren't dreadful, the colour is just really dull :(

My hospital provides pads and diapers so I don't have to worry about those, but I am doing 2 bags, 1 for me and 1 for baby.
My hair is dark and no grey yet so I haven't colored it during this pregnancy, although I color hair daily at work! Spring is really making me want to brighten it up with highlights. I might pop some in before I leave work tonight

My pram arrived. in all my excitement I have stabbed myself in the leg with a pair of scissors! Through my leggings and into my inner thigh,lots of blood but doesnt look too deep. I cleaned it and put a huge plaster on,hope its ok!
Have put the pram togther and folded it up to store in baby's room.
We officially have everything now,just need a baby.

Ouch! :( hope your leg is OK! Pregnancy clumsiness is a real thing I swear..

Yey for the pram! :) what have you gone for? We've had ours a while but my in-laws insisted we didn't keep it in the house, so it's been at my parents. We brought it home this weekend, I keep walking around with it! It's one of the main baby things that really makes it all seem very real .. ! Which I should probably get my head around sooner rather than later but it still seems crazy there is a little human in there!

ouch! sounds like a nasty stab, hope it heals quickly!

Everyone's getting so prepared! I am thinking of putting baby's stuff in a diaper bag because I'm running out of room in the bag I'm bringing. I'm really trying to minimize how much I bring. Debating on the DSLR camera. So far I've got toiletries, robe, socks, onesies, baby pjs in case it's cooler than I expect, hair ties. I need to do a load of laundry for the pants and tops. Must remember lip balm! What kind of snacks are you all bringing? I'm not sure what I'll want.

Beccabonny, yes to the camera!! I didn't pack snacks last time. I had every meal brought to me by family lol. The hospital food was so bad.

It is easy to pack in the US because they provide most. I just have clothes/toiletries/shoes/shower shoes/chargers/cameras for me. Baby has a few outfits and pacis.

My hospital food is so good that I've considered going for lunch there lol!!
Mary that sounds painful! I hope your leg is ok!

I'm packing snacks, debatable whether we can call NHS food actually food..! Or at least at my local hospital.

I'm planning on basics, midwife suggested non fizzy lucozade (isotonic drink) for labour and while breast feeding. I'm also thinking some fruit like bananas/apples, pack of biscuits and maybe a few crisps. Oh and some fruit sweets to just chew on if I need some sugar or a different flavour in my mouth during labour. If I need to stay in, I'll just eat the hospital meals, I'm not that fussy! My hospital does have a Costa that does nice sandwiches & cakes, so that's handy for lunch times! They don't half mark the price up compared to Costa's on the high street though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->