Mid-May buddies!

I'm about 70 miles from home and hospital visiting my sister and I felt a little gush of liquid. I'm not sure if it's anything or not but we are heading back just in case.

Arturia I hope things pick up for you soon! How are you feeling now?

I'm wondering if my midwife will offer me a sweep tomorrow.. I'll be 39+5 but it's my 40 week appointment. I won't see her again until 40+5, which will be my 41 week appointment. Not sure what the policy is with the NHS/my local authority :-/ I'm not overly convinced by sweeps but if I agree to one, I will at least be able to know how things are going down there!

I've def been having contractions today, they've been painful. But maybe one an hour at most so nothing to get excited about! Baby has had a very quiet day again, her movements drive me bonkers! Yesterday, absoloute worm. Today, very lazy. 😫 C'mon little one.. I just want you safely out!

You can always ask!
Mine said they will offer me a sweep (and wrote it in my notes!) At my next appt which is my 40 week one, I will be 40+3

As for the sex DH and I did it last nignt, it was SO unsexy. I told him before we started to just hurry up and get it over with lol.
Doesnt seem to have done anything.

No news here. I haven't noticed anything else.
Arturia?

Ugh, had my 39 week appointment yesterday and am 40%, a teensy bit dilated, and baby is at -2. Got an appointment next week which I'm sure I'll end up needing. Dr told me to walk and have sex, although sex is the LAST thing I feel like. It's starting to feel like she's just going to stay in there forever. I'm kinda cranky too lol, I'm NOT a very patient person!

One of us has got to have a baby soon!

Doh, midwife won't do a sweep until my next appointment! Which is irritating, mostly as I was curious about how things are/if they are progressing at all! Otherwise, a mundane appointment. Bump is still measuring small, head is well down, her bum is really sticking out :)

Hope all is well Arturia & Lanet!

Sooooo exciting Art! Any minute now.

I saw my doc this morning and he said he will let me go 10 days overdue which is such fantastic news. I know that sounds crazy and I certainly CANNOT imagine how unbearable that will feel, but at least he won't just cesar me like virtually every other gynecologist would in my country the second you hit 40 weeks.

I now need to get my head around being more patient. I am finding it very difficult indeed :( grumpy

Sonny I would be so curious too! I look forward to knowing my progress even if it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I've been told I can choose induction at 12 days or 14 days should I need it.. I'll def go for the 12 as I feel anxious about baby being born after 42 weeks, so 12 days gives a bit of time for the induction to kick in! The sweep will be 40+5.. fingers crossed it'll all happen on its own soon!

It does def feel like baby is never going to come Amanda! I knew this end would be annoying, patience is not my strong point :)

Danny, glad you found a less intervention happy OB! Hopefully it'll happen by then anyway :)

Sonny, sounds like a great plan. 42 weeks makes me a bit anxious too.

My ob will induce between 39/40 weeks depending on how ready the cervix is, if I want it. So may 29 at the latest she said and I'll definitely do it

Induction hasn't been talked about at all to me. I would be shocked if my midwife group would induce a healthy pregnancy prior to 40 weeks. I would do it after 40 weeks but I really, really, really don't want pitocin or a csection.

It seems standard here in the us for them to offer it at 40 weeks if it's wanted, but they don't push it. And she did say it depends on how the cervix looks. Of course I'm hoping it will just happen naturally. But I would take the induction. I was technically induced with pitocin with my other pregnancies after my water broke but labor didn't start so I'm not worried about that. I'd really prefer if things wpuld get going themselves in the next week or 2!

I bet yours happens soon anyway with all the contractions you've had.

I've had lots of braxton hicks today while cleaning. Maybe something is going on in there.

Showed up at the hospital and delivered 20 minutes later. What a whirlwind but we are all ok!

Whoa!!!!! I cannot wait to hear the full story!!! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations Jenzy! :) sounds eventful! Hope all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->