Mid-May buddies!

Beautiful name Danny!
Sonny I feel the same way, analyzing every twinge. And I started maternity leave last week and am now wondering if I should've. I woke up again last night with painful regular contractions unlike my Braxton hicks. It lasted for about 5 hours. Last week when that happened I dilated a little so I'm hoping when she checks me Friday that I've made more progress. I do need the baby to come before my wax grows out and before my house gets messy again! Ha!
I've shampooed the carpets and cleaned the playroom today.
I can't wait to see who goes first and to hear some baby news!

I had my first at 38.4 so like tomorrow but I don't feel like this one is coming soon. I think I'm ok with it so far because it's my last pregnancy.

Ha ha before your wax grows out! Too funny!! But so true. But wow it seems like the most wonderful way to dilate like that slowly -a couple nights on and off getting you gradually more and more ready.

I keep analyising if baby has dropped and last night I was feeling so grouchy and weird and then had Braxton hicks one on top of the other but nothing. Then I am convinced my dog is acting weird around me. Any hopeful signs to cling to! I bet when I see my doc on Tuesday he'll be like, "See you next week" (my due date). I jut want to be told baby is engaged and my cervix is effaced!

I've been in my bed most of the day feeling like I really need the rest. DH has taken the boys out the gem.

I am slowly going mad with impatience.

Due today! I feel like she's coming soon, too, I had some rather intense menstrual like cramps last night. Milder ones this morning but definitely still there. Hopefully this is the latent stage and she comes today or tomorrow. (hoping tomorrow because DH gets off from work if she does, lol)

Exciting and sounding good arturia! I can't wait to read an update! Have you noticed a loss of plug? Or has anyone?

Happy due date Arturia!

I'm busy checking for lost plug each toilet trip but I don't think I've seen anything yet. Pretty sure it's still just thick discharge :-/ I've had quite painful Braxton Hicks today on and off but zero pattern or frequency :( baby is intent on head butting my cervix though. It makes me jump! When I saw my midwife two weeks ago she wished me luck but told me she's probably see me in a couple weeks... sure enough, looks like I probably will see her Tuesday! :)

I haven't noticed a loss of plug either. I did with the twins before I was dilated to 3. Hmm, I wish I would see or feel something exciting. It's hot here and I have nothing to wear and I'm not about to buy anything at this point

No plug loss here. That didn't happen until labor last time though so who knows.

Lanet do you have some stretchy dresses to wear? I'm running out of things too but it has decided to be nasty cold here.

I did go buy a loose sundress that isn't maternity so I can wear it after and some bigger stretchy shirts and t shirts today too

Full moon is this week, I wonder if that will effect any of us!

I had a lot of thick discharge suddenly earlier but not as much as I'd expect from a full plug. No red streakiness or anything so wasn't a show. Plus I am not sure what to expect.

Still feeling PMSey, but it doesn't seem like today's the day.

DH is being a little cranky and it's making me anxious. So tempted to go and ask him to be nicer to me for the next couple days. I don't want my natural birth made more painful and longer because he hates the heat. (He does, it makes him cranky. lol)

Just curious if anyone is still having sex? Wondering if it really triggers labor

Not here.. :-/ I've never felt less like having sex in my life at this point! I've been someone who's found pregnancy hormones has made me less interested sadly.. my OH has been very patient bless him, he's not complained once!

Some people & medical proffesionals swear by it though, certainly can't hurt if you feel like it!

I lost about a 50p size of thick jelly like discharge last week and nothing since.
Midwife seemed to think it was beginning of my plug the way I described it but she also said it could come away in small amounts and nothing more until labour, its not predictable!

Had my 38 week appt last Sat,baby not engaged at all. Fundus measuring 37 cm and heartbeat was normal. Booked for my next appt at 40+3 and she said they will do a sweep if they can and then again at 41 weeks.
Ready for baby to come now!

Arturia, hope DH is less cranky for you. It's hard to imagine it hot in Canada but frost warning in KY today.

No sex here because my husband has been coughing and coughing. I don't want to start anything if he is sick. Last time we had sex the night before my water broke at 7 am but who knows.

We have attempted it a few times this week although I'm like you sonny and it's the farthest from my mind. It was comical and not sexy lol! Nothing here. I know I still have lots of time but today is officially the longest I've ever been pregnant.
Jenzy have the checked you for dilation yet?

I was in labor-ish last night but it stalled, it seems, though that could be because I struggled to get some sleep. (It came on right at bedtime, jeez) Now I might have one every 10 minutes-ish. I'm tempted to go lie down in bed but when I originally got up to move downstairs, they were bad enough to make me shake through them. :(

Oh well. Guess I'll try to get calm and rested and fed since this is likely to pick up again at some point.

Sex is not happening, I couldn't enjoy it at this point.

Happy due date Arturia!

I'm busy checking for lost plug each toilet trip but I don't think I've seen anything yet. Pretty sure it's still just thick discharge :-/ I've had quite painful Braxton Hicks today on and off but zero pattern or frequency :( baby is intent on head butting my cervix though. It makes me jump! When I saw my midwife two weeks ago she wished me luck but told me she's probably see me in a couple weeks... sure enough, looks like I probably will see her Tuesday! :)

My story exactly!! Keep thinking I've dropped a bit of plug so rush to the loo; nothing. Having loads of BH but no pattern, baby smashing against my cervix and totally expecting my gynae to say cheerfully "See you next week!" at my appointment tomorrow when all I want is for him to say I should go directly to labour ward as I am 3cm dilated well done!

Lanet, no they haven't because I've declined. I had a lot of scary bleeding last pregnancy and I try to avoid anything that possibly causes it. I think I may this week if I make it to my 39.2 week appointment. I had my last at 38.4 so I wasn't really expecting to still be pregnant lol.

Arturia, hope it starts up for real for you. I think I would rest too.

I'm wondering if my midwife will offer me a sweep tomorrow.. I'll be 39+5 but it's my 40 week appointment. I won't see her again until 40+5, which will be my 41 week appointment. Not sure what the policy is with the NHS/my local authority :-/ I'm not overly convinced by sweeps but if I agree to one, I will at least be able to know how things are going down there!

I've def been having contractions today, they've been painful. But maybe one an hour at most so nothing to get excited about! Baby has had a very quiet day again, her movements drive me bonkers! Yesterday, absoloute worm. Today, very lazy. 😫 C'mon little one.. I just want you safely out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->