Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Baby face luckily I was only painting the rooms the same colour as they needed a refresh and seeing as ill be busy busy I thought why not!! I have days were I'm a crazy cleaning lady then days were I chill out.

What have you ladies been up to this weekend?

Xxx

I was lazy yesterday and caught up on sleep && laundry lol today I went to a friends baby shower and will just be hanging out around the house with hubs for the rest of the evening because it's raining bleh

Today DH and I have been stuck in the house because of snow...almost a foot of it. Yuck. It's supposed to be spring!!

Went on a tour of the hospital today. It's all becoming so real!

Powell nothing wrong with a bit of a lazy day. When I was pregnant with corban and left work I had lotsa lazy days just to make up for my lack of them when bubba arrived! Hehe!

Jess that's a whole lotta snow! Boo to that! Looking forward to the warmer and longer days! Going to be lovely with a new babe.

Bethi what did you think of your hospital? Exciting! Not long now!

Xxx

Baby brain got the best of me over the last 2 weekends and we missed childbirth classes which include the hospital tour :/ I think I may schedule just a tour and skip the classes. I forgot to put them on the calendar but when I realized what I did, I put my BF class and our parenting classes on the calendar lol oops!!

I love lazy days :) I know there will be few of them soon so might as well cash in on as many as I can, and I have plenty opprotunities since I stay at home :) lol

How are you ladies feeling about labour?

Powell we still had lazy days when corban came along but its not quite the same as before. I'm a full time mum so I'm home all the time too!

Xxx

How are you ladies feeling about labour?

Powell we still had lazy days when corban came along but its not quite the same as before. I'm a full time mum so I'm home all the time too!

Xxx

Im a little bit anxious because all 3 of my pregnancies were so different, my waters started going 3 1/2 weeks early then i was induced 2 days later, i ended up having a ventouse to help my son be delivered, then my daughter was the easiest one, quicker labour than the first and only gas and air but my third (another son) was all nite labour, he turned back to back, got stuck, i was taken down to theatre, had 2 failed attempts of an epidural so had a ventouse with no pain relief but after only 1 1/2 pushes they decided he wasnt budging and his heart rate was dropping so i had an emergency c-section under a general and here i am again, i have been told im having another girl so im hoping for another easy labour (my sons have bigger heads like daddy) but who knows what could happen, just goes to show how unpredictable labour can be and there can be no planning invloved, i would love a water birth with this one but i dont think im allowed coz im vbac so have to be monitored the whole time which im not 100% happy with as i want to be mobile as much as possible

I'm not anxious or nervous about the process of labor, at least on my end of things! I'll have to fight the system a bit here as the area I live in is not very progressive in terms of what they routinely advise and "allow" women to do during labor & delivery. That will be my biggest struggle I think. Then again, when I'm in the throes of labor I might disagree! :haha:

Claire naughty daddy for having a big head! Hehe! Yes from stories I've heard labours can go so differently. Glad to hear there letting you have a VBAC. A few of my friends due later on in the year are hoping for VBACs too. We didn't really have much if a plan last time this time I would like a water birth with no pain relief ideally in the MLBU but we will see how it goes. With my little fella things happened fairly quickly but then my contractions ended up slowing and I was pushing for four hours with no pain relief. I'm hoping my contractions keep going this time.

Nevernormal what are you hoping for during labour?

Xxx

I'm hoping for a natural labor, but in the hospital, which I know can be challenging. There are no midwives in my area, so homebirth or a birthing center is not an option. Well there is a birthing center in the next state, and it's about a 45 minute drive, but financially that's not an option anyway as I lost my job when I was 10 weeks pregnant and we'd have to pay for that completely out of pocket. The cost of the birthing center isn't astronomical, but if I had to transfer to the hospital we'd be in a lot of debt!

Ideally, I will go into labor on my own, and labor at home until contractions are 2-3 minutes apart before ever going in. They recommend 5 minutes but honestly I want to wait until the last minute as we were basically told at our childbirth prep class that standard procedure includes continuous fetal monitoring, IV, etc. and so you have very limited mobility. I know I can decline things, and will if/when I feel it's necessary, but it'd be much nicer if I didn't have to fight the system! Thankfully I've had some discussions with my doctor about it and he is okay with me at least declining the IV and being allowed to drink clear fluids in labor, which is unheard of for here, so I'll have his support on that when the nurses are trying to do "standard procedure" on me. I've consented to the fetal monitoring as one of the nurses at the hospital told me that I will have some mobility, and should be able to labor in almost any position, just within the small radius of the monitor's reach. If that turns out to not be true I will make them do intermittent monitoring.

Claire naughty daddy for having a big head! Hehe! Yes from stories I've heard labours can go so differently. Glad to hear there letting you have a VBAC. A few of my friends due later on in the year are hoping for VBACs too. We didn't really have much if a plan last time this time I would like a water birth with no pain relief ideally in the MLBU but we will see how it goes. With my little fella things happened fairly quickly but then my contractions ended up slowing and I was pushing for four hours with no pain relief. I'm hoping my contractions keep going this time.

Nevernormal what are you hoping for during labour?

Xxx

where abouts in norfolk do u live? my dad lives up there and were visiting for a week this friday, i cant wait

I'm scared shitless of labor. This will be my first birth so I don't know what to expect in any aspect of it! Ahhhh!! lol Plus with GD the chances of a c-section increases and I REALLY don't want one :(

I can't believe how different things are. Why do they give you an iv? If all is well they just check babies heartbeat every half hour or so. Hopefully they take some notice of your wishes.

Claire I'm in norwich! Where is your dad?

Powell it is scary going into the unknown. Hopefully you won't need the section. I was never scared about labour but I have a feeling a may panick when contractions start this time. Baby has been long awaited so I'm actually looking forward to it!

Xxx

Jess that storm better not come up here ;)
at least it was a bad one, it would have been really disappointing if it fizzled out and you had canceled your shower!

I've been feeling like crap all day. I can't wait for mat leave, 4 more weeks!!!

when are you working mommas taking leave?

The IV is to keep you hydrated. There are a lot of doctors & hospitals in the U.S. now that will allow you to drink, and even eat small things, in labor. But not in my area. They are still strictly "IV fluids & ice chips only." Um... yeah right. If they think I'd adhere to that for no valid reason, they have got to be kidding! Of course if I have complications I will be happy to follow my doctor's advice, but I hate that my (currently) uncomplicated pregnant, and likely uncomplicated normal birth, will automatically be treated like there is some kind of complication or at least in such a way that they are anticipating complications.

A friend of mine whose baby shower I went to yesterday got into a wreck earlier and hit her stomach on the stearing wheel which threw her into labor and she just had an emergency c-section. She was due April 13th! Baby Sarah Ann was 6 lbs 7 oz

Attachments

• 1846_557139760985398_1317563047_n.jpg
    1846_557139760985398_1317563047_n.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 601149_557138977652143_347666403_n.jpg
    601149_557138977652143_347666403_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm really looking forward to labor and birth! I'm going natural and using Natal Hypnotherapy :)

I have to work up until I go into labor basically, but luckily I have enough hours built up to take off 10 weeks!

Powell, I'm glad your friend and baby are ok! That's so scary! At least she was a good size baby...I think mine will be a big one too, since shes already over 4 lb 4 oz!

nevernormal my hospital has the same crazy rules!! I haven't talked to my doctor about it but plan on laboring at home and sneaking in food if I want it!

Jess i'm doing hypo therapy too :)

Powell wow! so glad your friend is ok, how lucky that everything went fine

Powell, glad your friend & the baby are okay!

Babyface, definitely talk to your doctor about it! I've heard that on some levels it doesn't really matter as you mostly deal with nurses for the duration of your hospital portion of laboring, but personally I think having your doctor backing you up on things would be a huge asset! I know when they see that I'm not to have an IV they'll throw a fit, but when I explain that my doctor has ok'd it I hope that will shut down any further arguments. But yes, really hoping I can go into labor naturally and stay at home as long as possible. Will definitely be eating and drinking at home! I think I probably will only eat easily digestible things during labor though (if I'm not really wanting something else for some reason), just because I throw up from migraines and I'm not sure if it's from pain or some other reason. If it is from pain there is probably a good chance I'd throw up in labor so I don't want to eat anything heavy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->