Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Sorry to hear that jess. Xxx

Claire scans are very expensive aren't they. I'm sure if you've already had a few and they say girl then it will be a girl. Xxx

oh so sorry Jess I would be so disappointed too if my shower was postponed at this point! but don't worry you'll get it all done :hugs:
were having a storm today too, getting so tired of the bad weather.

anyone else cant do up their winter jackets any more? I don't want to bother to buy a new one for only a few months

So sorry about your shower! I can totally understand the frustration, specially cancelling it only a few days before :/ But I hope you get everything you need plus some whenever you do have it!

My jackets stopped zipping about a month ago, so I've just been wearing hoodies. Luckily where I live, the weather doesn't get tooooo cold.

How much are scans where you are? They're about $80 here unless you want one that's longer then they're $100. I think it's a good deal tho as I've heard way more expensive prices from ladies in different areas. We got one for $40 because the place that we've been using give 50% off vouchers if you refer a pregnant friend, and seeing as I know about 10 people that are due within a month or two of us, it's easy to get them cheaper. Could you maybe go to the ER with a 'complaint' and them give you one that insurance will cover? ;) I had one done at the hospital at 8ish weeks because I told them that my dog jumped on my belly and I wanted to check on baby. hehe

Baby face I can't do my coats up but I refuse to buy a new one!!! I still wear one coat just undone but have a few layers underneath! Haha!!

Xxx

Oh just wonder how many of you ladies know where your babes are laying? With my first he was head down on my left side with his feet curled over to my right from about 28 weeks. This one is everywhere! I know I have a while before I need to worry but I'm just curious!

Xxx

Oh just wonder how many of you ladies know where your babes are laying? With my first he was head down on my left side with his feet curled over to my right from about 28 weeks. This one is everywhere! I know I have a while before I need to worry but I'm just curious!

Xxx

Our boy is head down with his back and bum on my left side and feet of my left. He's been this way since at least before our first 3D ultrasound at 28.5 weeks. I'm not sure which side for him to be on is the best, I'm just glad he's head down and has been, I think (knock on wood) he'll probably stay this way since he seems comfy as he's been this way for so long already

I can't do up my coat, but that is not a problem here anymore. Layers work great if you have to go unbuttoned!

My baby is head down, back and butt on right, legs on left. Has been at all my appointments and I can tell where the bum is! Baby does hang out slightly posterior though, hope that resolves before labor!

Maybe it's different with your second? I feel hiccups everywhere! Sometimes in my bum then on my top right sometimes low left! Get kicked all over too!!! Surely there's not much room for this bubs to be spinning about? I dunno!!!!

Xxx

I was going once a month until 28 weeks, then started going every 2 weeks. I think my next appointment (April 1st) will be my last 2 week appointment then I'll start going every week. I'll be 34 weeks at my next appointment..well 33w6d but same thing lol

As the regulations require in my state (and most of the US, I think) you see your provider every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, every two weeks until 36 weeks, and then every week until you deliver. Personally I think it is a lot if you are low risk, but oh well.

I have seen her a little less, I got sick one week some weeks I would say we went 5 weeks between and then since 28 I think we have gone 3 weeks between one. I have (currently) three appointments on the books. I see her April 3rd (34.5 weeks), see an OB April 16th (36.5 weeks) and the midwife April 24th (37.5 weeks) which will also be my midwife home visit day. After that, we will book my appointments as I need them each week until baby comes.

I saw mine at 8 weeks, then had 12 week scan, then midwife at 16 weeks, then 20 week scan.

Then every 3 weeks from 25 so 25w, 28w, 31w and I'm seeing her at 34 weeks.

Then it changes to every 2 weeks for 36w and 38w appointments.

Then I think it's once a week if I'm still pregnant.

I love my midwife so much and am really going to miss her!

I haven't been able to close my coats and jackets either, but I'm not buying any new ones!

Atm Emily is head down, but thats just recently. She tends to spin around a lot. She was head down for weeks, then at the end of February she flipped to transverse, then a week later she was frank breech. Now she's head down again. I know because I once again have hiccups in the middle of my pelvis lol! But I would feel hiccups in a couple different spots (like completely opposite sides!) in one day sometimes.

I'm now seeing my OB every 2 weeks, but at 36 weeks I'll start going weekly.

I hardly see mine! I had a booking in at about 8 weeks, then 16 weeks, 28 weeks, next at 34 weeks then I go fortnightly. Wish I saw my midwife more cause I find it exciting!!!

Jess I feel hiccups in several places in one day too. Just hoping this little monkey settles head down when it needs too!

Xxx

As the regulations require in my state (and most of the US, I think) you see your provider every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, every two weeks until 36 weeks, and then every week until you deliver. Personally I think it is a lot if you are low risk, but oh well.

I have seen her a little less, I got sick one week some weeks I would say we went 5 weeks between and then since 28 I think we have gone 3 weeks between one. I have (currently) three appointments on the books. I see her April 3rd (34.5 weeks), see an OB April 16th (36.5 weeks) and the midwife April 24th (37.5 weeks) which will also be my midwife home visit day. After that, we will book my appointments as I need them each week until baby comes.

They do MW home visits in the US? I had no idea! lol Is it for everyone or just certain people, or certain states or how does that work? New news to me lol

They do MW home visits in the US? I had no idea! lol Is it for everyone or just certain people, or certain states or how does that work? New news to me lol

I am planning a home birth, so they have to make sure they can get to my house and make sure it is suitable for a homebirth before the time comes. I think most homebirth midwives will want to visit your home before the big day.

I am not sure about the rest of the country, but in Arkansas if you see a midwife you are planning a homebirth. Most standard care is provided by OBs.

The midwife/homebirth thing varies a lot by state.

In some states, like Kentucky (or at least KY used to be like this) it is illegal for midwives to attend a homebirth. Your options are hospital birth, unassisted homebirth, or homebirth with a midwife who believes in it enough that she's willing to risk going to prison for you.

In my state (LA), homebirths are technically legal, but there are a lot of restrictions on them and at least in my area, there aren't any midwives to go to. Not even for a hospital birth. But I live close to the border of two other states, so I think most people in this area who are going for a more natural birth seek midwives from those states, either to come here or to go to a birthing center just over the state line. If I could afford it, that's what I would be doing!

yes I might have to start wearing my husbands jacket!

my baby was head down to the left at 28 week ultrasound, but I get movement all over the place too!

where I am, starting at 30 weeks I have appts every 2 weeks until 36, then weekly. I love going to my appts so I don't find it to be too much lol! I'd go every week if they'd let me :haha:

I like having the more frequent appointments too. Not because of the actual appointment, because frankly besides getting a quick listen to the heartbeat it usually seems like a waste of my time, but I just like feeling like things are really moving along. Since becoming unemployed I don't always have a lot of structure to my days, so it's nice to have something that signifies the passing of time!

This baby turned head down just after 28 weeks or so, and has been there ever since. I think. I didn't actually ask yesterday what the position was! But at 29+4 weeks & then a scan at 30+3 baby was head down. I could tell when baby moved from breech to head down, and haven't felt anything similar since, so I'm assuming still head down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->