Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Do you ladies get weighed at every appointment? My midwife weighed me at my booking in app (was under weight) but nothing since! I don't have scales so I'm not sure where I'm at.

Powell I don't think loosing a little will matter. When's your next app?

I love that we are now counting down! People always judge bumps. With my little boy I was told at 30 weeks I looked due but no ones said that this time!

Xxx

Mid May Mommies, I was going to be, but then due to pre-eclampsia, I delivered my little one 3/28/13. So no longer a mid-May mommy!

Mummy2Corban, I get weighed at every appointment. But I got weight at every appointment beforehand (was going for fertility meds & monitoring). I think it's more of a U.S. thing, and/or more of an OB thing. It seems like midwives tend to be more relaxed about the process as a whole.

Powell, if you really are concerned about your weight, try adding some "good" fats into what you're eating already. It's a good way to get more calories without loading up on junk or trying to stuff yourself with a bunch of extra volume. Avocados are a favorite of mine. Nuts are good, add a splash of olive oil to some of your cooking. Even add a small pat of butter to your cooking on occasion! Or sprinkle some cheese on your food. I guess at this point, I definitely wouldn't want to try to gain weight, but that's because I've only gained 10 lbs and 7 of that was in a 4 week period! Personally I wouldn't want to purposely gain weight when it might happen next week or something. But I also started out overweight, so it's a bit different I suppose.

Yes, M2C I get weighed, BP, urine & doppler at every appointment. My next appointment is Monday with the perinatologist so I'm going to ask him what I should do.

nevernormal- I have been adding to my diet, which is why I'm sad/frustrated I'm not gaining. I was doing pretty good and was on track to gain the 40 they want me to until GD :/ I eat PB with every meal, add cheese to basically everything. Eat lots of bacon. Ugh I just don't know where else I can add more calories! Definitely a little different tho since you started over weight and I started under :/ my BMI when I got pregnant was a little under 17

Congratulations misspriss! I hope you and baby are well!

Powell my booking in bmi was 17 too but I've not weighed myself so I don't know what I am now. I see my midwife Tuesday so ill ask her to weigh me then. Good your seeing them Monday if your concerned.

Xxx

Awe yay, finally found someone that was as small as me to begin with!
I measured myself today and still measuring right where I should be so I think baby's size is good, I'm just slightly concerned since I'm barely over half way to where they want me to be. I'm hoping that if babys size is good on Monday that they'll be okay with mine, but since they weren't okay with only .8 gained in 2 weeks that they wont be :/ but very glad I have an appointment Monday to discuss it all!

I hate it when they give you an "expected" amount to gain. I think it would be much better to give you some nutritional guidelines and as long as you are following them and the baby is healthy, it should be fine!

I never had ms and ate like a horse but lost a few lbs in the first tri, and even early 2nd tri, so I did try to bring it up to my pre-preg weight (myself, not because my doctor said anything... well his nurse always acts grumpy if I've lost). But yeah I mostly did that by say, making an omelette, using butter on the pan, adding cheese, sour cream, eating it in a tortilla, etc. Didn't take me long and then I went back to normal. I know you've got restrictions now with the GD so it's harder!

I think that would be a much better idea also!!

I can eat all of those things, so I may try eating that for breakfast a few days a week and see if it helps my weight go up :) thanx!

It was very filling & yummy! Adding veggies to the omelette helped me feel like it wasn't as bad for me :haha:

Powell I was a little under weight to begin also, not quite as you though.
I on track to gain 40 by term. I listen to my cravings for fat because I think my body wanted a bit more fat on before the baby comes and I have been steadily putting it on without feeling like I look like I've gained a lot. People tell me I'm all bump but I definitely have more fat on all around. And I like it :)

Try snacking between meals. I even bought homogenized milk there for a while (though I stopped that earlier in my pregnancy). I add seeds and walnuts to my cereal, cook with butter, never buy anything low-fat, eat poutine when I get fat cravings :haha: :haha:

But your Dr should be able to give you suggestions about high fat foods that are safe for your GD!

Congrats Miss!!!!
How are you both doing? When were you due?
I hope all is well :)

Powell I was a little under weight to begin also, not quite as you though.
I on track to gain 40 by term. I listen to my cravings for fat because I think my body wanted a bit more fat on before the baby comes and I have been steadily putting it on without feeling like I look like I've gained a lot. People tell me I'm all bump but I definitely have more fat on all around. And I like it :)

Try snacking between meals. I even bought homogenized milk there for a while (though I stopped that earlier in my pregnancy). I add seeds and walnuts to my cereal, cook with butter, never buy anything low-fat, eat poutine when I get fat cravings :haha: :haha:

But your Dr should be able to give you suggestions about high fat foods that are safe for your GD!
I'm the same way. People keep telling me that im all bump but ive gained evenly all over. I went up from a 0 to a 3-5 in pants and from a small to a medium Sometimes large in shirts.
I do snack between meals as part of my diet and have almost doubled my fat intake :/ I think i was gaining more before the diet even tho i was eating less because i was eating pretty unhealthy lol i hope they can advise me someting monday that will help cuz ive been eating tons of peanut butter and its still not helping lol ive went thru a whole jar in about 3 weeks

Happy Easter ladies!!
33w5d on the left && 25w3d on the right

Attachments

• happy easter.jpg
    happy easter.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 7
happy Easter!! How cute, :) that's nice you have a friend pregnant the same time!

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holiday. I hate to go back to work tomorrow lol
only 2 or 3 weeks to go for me though :D

That's cute Powell! I showed DH and told him we should've done something like that, but he wasn't too keen. I suppose it would've looked funny if I was trying to show off a painted belly at church (the only place we've been today)! :haha:

Hubs wasn't feeling the idea to begin with but once he started painting he kinda got into it. We didn't really go anywhere today but took pictures with the other couple. And they turned out GREAT!
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v85/p1509666980-2.jpg
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v74/p1509666534-2.jpg
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v78/p1509662866-2.jpg
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v84/p1509663676-2.jpg
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v73/p1509664266-2.jpg
https://kjdigital.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v77/p1509664382-2.jpg

Dr appointment went good today! They're putting me on meds (thank goodness not insulin injections!) too help keep my sugars in check so I can eat more since I've only gained 7 lbs since January :/ But I'm okay with the meds, cuz I'll be able to eat more :)
Baby Boy is about 5 lbs. Every measurement was within average, doc said that he couldn't be more average if he tried...cept for his head...95th percentile! lol gonna have a big ass head thanx to my side of the family haha I go back next Tuesday to see the MW and on the 29th for my next growth scan. I guess they're putting me on weekly appointments sooner since I'm "high risk" cuz of the GD, but I'd rather be monitored more rather than less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->