Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

My first shower is tomorrow. (The small one.) The big one is next Sunday. My registry only shows that 13 things have been bought off it though, and the only big things were a stroller base and a video monitor. I'll be grateful for anything we get obviously, I just hope that everyone didn't go out and buy clothes...I have a feeling we're going to get a ton of them and not much else. Would it be really bad to return some clothes so we have a little money to get some of the big stuff we need?

Definitely not! I'm returning every item of clothing we got at our shower because have a FULL 5 drawer dresser + a 3 drawer (plastic drawer storage thing) packed full and they're only up to 3-6 month. (my cousins and friend gave us all their old clothes, PLUS what we've bought)
i was sure we were going to get a TON of clothes since only a few items were bought off registry, but turned out we got lots off stuff off the registry, people just didn't take it off lol

babyface- we also got this pillow https://www.walmart.com/ip/Leachco-...ion_0=10972966&shopFor=true&upc=0004551613756 which I think will be better than a Boppy because it has the lap strap thingy

Thanks! I thought it might be bad manners or something. I would keep any "special " outfits of course but if we get a million on the same thing or a ton of newborn size things I want to return them. (Emily will be at least 8 pounds if she comes on time or late so won't be in newborn sizes for long.)

I was very close to getting my aunt to write "no clothes please" on the invitations lol I thought it might be rude tho haha thankfully noone got clothes except hubs gma. I was considering keeping the clothes she got just because they're from her, BUT everything she got we already have, in the same size too haha at least we'll be able to exchange for store credit at Walmart and get something we actually need. Which, I really need to go do that haha

I don't think it's bad manners to return stuff either =). I probably won't return stuff unless I just have excesses of a certain size or something, but that's because we haven't found out the gender, I don't really like gender neutral clothing overall so we haven't bought a bunch of stuff. So any clothing I get will probably be needed/useful.

Baby face my bump is a whole lot smaller this time round! Be lovely to see a bump pic if you have one. Hope you have a lovely baby shower!

Powell sounds like you got lots of lovely things! We don't really have baby showers here!

Xxx

Jess I think if your not gonna use the clothes then you should return them. It's a waste if you won't use them!

Xxx

it will be nice to have your shower after baby comes too never. i'm guessing you don't know the gender

wow sounds like you got lots of great stuff Powell :) I think I have that pillow too, given to me by a friend.
we are being given our crib, video monitor, pack n play, 2 stroller/car seats (gently used from a friend who moved) and high chair :happydance:

Jess possibly people just arent marking items. do you know the gender? we don't and I think alot of people are buying from the registry BC they aren't sure what to get lol. but im expecting lots of clothes and blankets too

mummy thanks so much :) your bump looks great, I guess your baby is in a different position this time around. I will have to take a pic and post!!

Powell how will you return things? did you find many people gave gift receipts?

Midwife said my placenta is at the front and baby seems to be back to back... With corban I'm not sure about the placenta but he was back on my left and feet over to the right! Would love love love to see more bump pictures ladies!!!

Xxx

Everyone knows it's a girl. I didn't think about it at the time but after we announced, someone mentioned that if people don't know what it is they'd be more likely to get stuff we need than cute girl stuff. Oh well.

And if you know where things are from, most stores let you return things for store credit (like a gift card). So you could get other things there.

Powell how will you return things? did you find many people gave gift receipts?

I'm not sure where you're located. I'm in the US.
Ummm from my understanding (from what a friend told me) that you can take things back from a shower to Walmart and they'll give you a store credit. She said that she even brought things back from Target and they took them, she said they'll only do it like 3x so I'm trying to get everything together that I'm going to take back and do it in one trip. And save one of the others for diapers/wipes incase Jr is alergic to some or something. I guess you just go to the return/exchange counter.

Nobody gave gift recipts lmao so I just left the tags on everything I'm taking back. I may do it tomorrow so I will let you know how it turns out!

I'm in Canada! Yeah I heard stores like walmart and Babies R Us will do that if they sell the item! We'll have to see tomorrow :D I'm not expecting many gift receipts either. Hopefully they'll save them for the more expensive items though

I'm so excited to get everything sorted out. I'm finishing work this Friday so it's going to be so great to sit down and see what we have, what we need and start some more shopping

SCORE!! I just got back from taking baby shower stuff back...duplicate clothes, bottles, and a few other random things that we either already have or wont use.... $87 store credit!! I was expecting like $50

One thing wasn't even from Walmart && the still gave me credit for it :)

That's awesome Powell! Do you already know what you'll spend it on? Or will you save the store credit for when you need things like diapers & wipes after the baby gets here?

I got one of these to go in the car seat to make it more newborn friendly - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-Mine-Cuddler/20682857

And a basket to wash passies and stuff in the dishwasher.

Still have $60something on the gift card so I think I'll save it for diapers/wipes and stuff unless something pops up that I realize that we need but forgot to get lol

I had my 34week check today, baby has turned breech!! Cant believe it so shes got 2 weeks and 2 days to turn till my next app where i maybe sent to hosp to be asessed and talk about options

haha good for you Powell!

omg, my shower was beyond amazing. my mom, mil and sil did such an amazing job. my family and friends were so generous! we were given lots of useful stuff from the registry, all our big items and lots of gift cards :'))
plus most people actually brought gift receipts

Claire that's to bad! :(I have a feeling my baby turned too. I keep feeling a hard ball on my right side and hiccups up there too. can't wait to find out on Wednesday

haha good for you Powell!

omg, my shower was beyond amazing. my mom, mil and sil did such an amazing job. my family and friends were so generous! we were given lots of useful stuff from the registry, all our big items and lots of gift cards :'))
plus most people actually brought gift receipts

Claire that's to bad! :(I have a feeling my baby turned too. I keep feeling a hard ball on my right side and hiccups up there too. can't wait to find out on Wednesday

So glad you had a great shower!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->