Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Not to scare anyone but my cousin (who is due less than 2 weeks before me on May 11) is in labor as we speak. This is getting real!

Congrats && Good luck to your cousin! Hopes for a speedy && smooth delivery. Keep us updated :)

Good luck to your cousin! Hope her and bubs are well!

I find it exciting.... Even though I'd like baby to cook for a little longer!

Xxx

Your bumps are so cute!

Bethi, I hope your cousin and baby are ok :) I hope I don't go too early...I'm not ready AT ALL!!! Maybe after this shower I will be. But neither mine nor DH's families tend to have early babies. Actually we all tend to have late babies.

Here's my 35 week bump from yesterday...today a patient walked up to my desk and said "wow, can you get any bigger?" Really??? Why would you say that to someone, especially someone who barely knows you? I was thinking that I really wasn't too huge yet (considering my mom has told me that I'll be like a beached whale) ...guess I was wrong :(

Attachments

• 548320_624451374237390_906713992_n.jpg
    548320_624451374237390_906713992_n.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
Bethi, I hope your cousin's labor goes smoothly!
I don't find it scary it all! We technically aren't prepared for me to go into labor yet, and as much of a perfectionist as I can be about things, I feel very laid back about that fact. I don't think babies need all that much anyway, I suppose. I'm really not scared of the labor process itself either... the only way that will change is if I need an induction or something.

Jess, I can't believe someone said that to you! I've come to the conclusion that any bump size is the perfect size. I'm just sick and tired of no one being happy about the size of someone else's belly! Why do they even care?? I don't get any "small" comments anymore (from the people who already know) but I've only had a few people ask if I was pregnant, and those were children. Makes me wonder if adults are trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or just getting fat!

what bethi!! it is very exciting but I'd also like baby to cook a while longer. wouldn't mind going at around 38 weeks

today is my last day at work :happydance: I couldn't be happier!!!

wow Jess that's like my mil she said if be waddling around everywhere lol. my mom said it want going to be that bad and she was right.
I know everyone at work had been telling me they're surprised I haven't gone off earlier BC i'm so big? tbh I feel like if I had to I could work for weeks longer, but I don't so see ya later lol!!!

No update yet! Over 24 hours and still in labor! Poor girl :(

Jess lovely bump! Everyone has something to say about your bump don't they!!! Your big! Your small! Are you carrying twins?! I was getting your small but now I'm told I'm big? I'm smaller this time round though.

Baby face yay for your last day at work! Let the nesting begin! Hehe!!!

Never normal is great your feeling laid back about labour! I wasn't worried about my first and I'm not this time. Hoping for a swift second labour like the ones I keep hearing about!

Bethi hope bubba arrives soon for your cousin!

Have you ladies much planned for the weekend?

Xxx

thanks hun I couldn't be happier to start the nesting! so now i'm off work for a year + a month. it's hard to believe!!

My plan for the weekend is to sleep in and nest some :)
how about you?

Baby face that's awesome! Nest away lovely!

Seeing sister in law tomorrow and a whole list of friends Sunday!! Busy busy! I have midwife Monday so I'm super excited about that!

Xxx

Bad news for me :( Just had my 34 wk appt and despite having nearly perfect BP this whole pregnancy I was high going in. They tested again at the end of the appt and I was still high so they did urine and there's protein :( They did pre-e bloods so I should find out soon if I have it ... she already called to say she wants to see me on Wednesday again but didn't say anything about the bloods so I assume she will still call back with those results. Wish me luck!

Edit: NVM blood came back normal!

aw its nice to get together with friends at this time! everyone will be so excited :)
great about the midwife, will you start seeing get more regularly now?
I just got the call on my u/s, its on Thursday

Bethi I'm glad your bloodwork was normal!

My baby shower is this weekend (finally!!) so I can start getting ready for Emily's arrival! I am so far behind! I have to get clothes washed and get everything organized, get the carseat installed, and start washing my cloth diapers (which has to be done at least 5 times before you can use them).

yay your shower is finally here!!!
I still have to do so much too, including the cloth diapers. when are you going off on mat leave?

When I go into labor lol! I only have 10 weeks off so I can't get off early.

sorry to hear bethi though i'm glad your blood work came back normal!!

oh Jess that sucks. you us ladies have it hard with mat leave. :(

After 48 hours of labor my cousin had a beautiful baby girl via c-section! 5lb 10oz :)

Congrats to your cousin Bethi! Also, glad your bloodwork came back normal!

That's great Bethi!

I had my shower today :) It was so awesome! My mom and grandma had it decorated beautifully, it was really fun and everyone loved it! I also got almost all of my big items which is amazing, and got some money/gift cards so we can get the other things we need.

How are you ladies feeling lately?

I struggled with contractions for the longest time - I've had them stopped three times already! The most recent time being around 32 week when I was put on modified bedrest and complete pelvic rest. But I was so sick of contractions that I put myself on strict bedrest and a strict water drinking schedule. It worked and now I only really get contractions when I need to use the bathroom.
I've been feeling pretty good though! I told my husband that as long as I keep feeling like this, I won't be trying anything extra to encourage baby's arrival closer to my due date. I'm short though, and baby is getting quite large so we'll see how long the comfort lasts :p

Anyone extremely thirsty? Two nights ago, I started waking up every two hours for a drink! Last night it was every. single. hour! I'm not dehydrated either.. my pee is clear and there's lots of it. My mouth just gets so dry! Frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->