Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

I had my gbs test last week, and it was negative :) My 37 week appt is tomorrow. I wasn't dilated at all last week though. I've started my epo vaginally 2 days ago though. Hoping I don't have a late baby! Can't believe I'm term tomorrow! It's so close!!

Almost everything is ready for Emily. I got the rest of my diaper stash today too! I've got 4 Thirsties Duo wraps, 2 Econobum wraps, 1 Proraps wrap, 2 nylon pants, 38 unbleached Indian cotton prefolds, 5 fleece liners and 3 Snappis :) Washing everything now (but have to wash the prefolds 5 times so it's going to take a while!).

I figured out that I needed to use an applicator to get it near my cervix...couldn't get it far enough in there the first night and it all leaked out (Ick!). I took an unused Preseed applicator and stuck the epo capsule in the end then put it in that way. Then I just washed the applicator to reuse. Worked great! Same theory as the Monistat Ovule (for yeast infections) if you've ever used it...

Bethi- what's your opinion on this.. I ate a whole order of cheese sticks from Papa Johns earlier. Each serving has 41 carbs. I'm allowed 40 carbs for lunch. There's like 4 maybe 4.5 servings in the order. My sugars are supposed to be >120 after two hours ... my sugars were only 125!! I am now convinced I was misdiagnosed! I was expecting them to be like 160+

Bethi- what's your opinion on this.. I ate a whole order of cheese sticks from Papa Johns earlier. Each serving has 41 carbs. I'm allowed 40 carbs for lunch. There's like 4 maybe 4.5 servings in the order. My sugars are supposed to be >120 after two hours ... my sugars were only 125!! I am now convinced I was misdiagnosed! I was expecting them to be like 160+

Wow that's good! I was told cheese carbs don't really count... were they cheesy breadsticks or mozzerella sticks? I would imagine cheesy breadsticks would sky rocket me! Great Powell... now I want fried mozzerella!

[ aQUOTE=Jess137;26920271]I figured out that I needed to use an applicator to get it near my cervix...couldn't get it far enough in there the first night and it all leaked out (Ick!). I took an unused Preseed applicator and stuck the epo capsule in the end then put it in that way. Then I just washed the applicator to reuse. Worked great! Same theory as the Monistat Ovule (for yeast infections) if you've ever used it...[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea, i was thinking along the same lines and was going to try a tampon applicator, then remembered i don't have any haha i tried to feel my cervix but it's either really high or really soft. I was wearing a rubber glove so it made it a little hard to feel for it but i think i felt it and if that's what i was feeling, it's REALLY soft :) :)

Wow that's good! I was told cheese carbs don't really count... were they cheesy breadsticks or mozzerella sticks? I would imagine cheesy breadsticks would sky rocket me! Great Powell... now I want fried mozzerella!

They're basically a cheese pizza without the sauce. And it was 10" so kinda between a personal size and small pizza. I figured all the bread would make my numbers sky rocket! I was shocked when i checked my sugar!! Presently surprised to say the least :)

Nice Powell! I've had a small (9") thin crust pizza for lunch and it put me in the 120's ... but my lunch numbers are always the lowest it's kinda weird how that works >.< I'm not too worried about my numbers anymore as I don't think I'd get put on any medication at this point and baby isn't big. Of course I'm still following the diet most of the time but a treat like that is definately ok in my book every now and then.

Oh! and I lost like 5lbs when I was in the hospital this weekend... lol! I'm sure it's ok with doc as I'm chubby to begin with but it was definately surprising after being pumped with so much fluid ^^

W find out roughly how big baby is Monday! Last growth scan he was average for everything cept his big Ol head haha and I'm measuring where I'm supposed to so i think he'll still be average :) I've pretty much stopped following the diet since his size doesn't seem to be effected by the GD and I've been gaining weight again so i think all is good because my numbers hardly get over 100

glad to hear you've all got negative results.

what does epo do anyway?

can't believe they may have misdiagnosed you Powell!! I would definitely insist on another test before they rush to induce!

Well I just had midwife, she thinks baby maybe head down but shes not 100% as baby is back to back so hard to feel bum/head and im not sure what way baby is either so I am being sent to the hospital this Friday for a presentation asessment, i may need a scan depending on how confident my consultant is in feeling my tummy and asessing that way, im feeling really anxious and could of cried when i got home which i didnt think i would feel like, i think its all the uncertainty, she said if breech then they will discuss turning the baby manually and depending if that works then we need to discuss further, ie c-section but im really hoping it doesnt come to that, this baby def knows how to worry me :nope:

ohh :hugs: claire. It'll all be ok again once you have your lo in your arms! I hope you get some answers soon xxx

glad to hear you've all got negative results.

what does epo do anyway?

can't believe they may have misdiagnosed you Powell!! I would definitely insist on another test before they rush to induce!

It helps 'ripen' your cervix. This is a really good thread on it https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

I'm actually okay with being induced - since they're not doing it early. I may ask for a few days, but 1 I don't wanna go thru another test lol and 2. With me being so small 5ft and was 88 lbs when I got pregnant, I'm okay with not going too far over because I dont want him to get too big to have vaginally - my mom had to have a c section with both my brother and I because we wouldn't fit out!

Claire did your midwife check where she could hear the heartbeat at? My doctor usually feels my stomach to see the position but then will use the doppler to kind of confirm how he thinks the baby is laying -- so if the baby is head down the chest should be in the lower half of my belly! I hope your baby cooperates for the consultant!

Powell, how annoying that they misdiagnosed you, but I suppose it's better to err on the side of caution with these things!

I'm due in May 15 but today I will talk with Dr. about C-section and will see when I can see my little boy ^_^

I just don't want to try and end up with c-section same last time and about 5 years ago I had another surgery.

How you all lady feel today ? Hope you all have a great day.

Claire did your midwife check where she could hear the heartbeat at? My doctor usually feels my stomach to see the position but then will use the doppler to kind of confirm how he thinks the baby is laying -- so if the baby is head down the chest should be in the lower half of my belly! I hope your baby cooperates for the consultant!

Powell, how annoying that they misdiagnosed you, but I suppose it's better to err on the side of caution with these things!

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with the fact that I most likely have been misdiagnosed. Doesn't really bother me because I honestly like being monitored so close :)

Yeah she did but it was confusing coz it could be heard at the bottom and the top which hasnt happened before, very odd

Had my 36 week appointment today after 9(!) days of pretty regular contractions. Cervix is 2cm and 70% effaced so I'm glad to learn all this discomfort isn't for nothing.
Since my exam over 5 hrs ago, I've hit the 5-1-1 rule but I just don't feel like it's active labor so I'm hanging out at home. I guess I'm just expecting active labor to feel a fair bit different from what I've been experiencing for a while.

ah exciting new wife!!!
a lot of the women on another thread i'm on are having all kinds of symptoms too. i'm totally symptomless lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->