Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

That's awesome Bethi! I'm so jealous of you ladies who know how long you have left!

I'm having a smoothie with pineapple and pineapple core in it...and I just had a double bag cup of rlt. I'm a bad girl...

It's definately nice knowing when the end date is :) At the same time though I would change a longer pregnancy for no gd + pre-eclampsia anyday!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I am definitely grateful that I don't have any complications.

yeah that's a tough position to be in Powell. maybe you could start a little slowly, and increase the things you do every half week or so. hopefully baby will come a little early for you anyway where you're small!

I've already started - just with things that don't 'induce' but help the process once it starts. I've been drinking RLT for 2 weeks and using EPO for a week. I think once I hit 38 weeks I'll start walking daily and DTD more frequently, last time we did it I had BH/contractions for like 7 hours so I definitely feel that was the closest we've gotten, so close it freaked me out a little so I wanna wait at least til after my next growth ultrasound (monday) and midwife appointment (tuesday)

but once I hit 38 weeks - it's game on lol

I am hoping that I go before my due date simply because I am so ready to just hold my son. This pregnancy has been by far the longest out of the 3 and I'm sooooooooo over it. It has been a long journey and I am elated that I can finally see the finish line. I just hope that I don't go over due and that my body is ready for labor, because I sure am.

We went to the zoo today to encourage engagement of baby. Walked around for about two hours (which felt great after weeks of bedrest!). About ten minutes after getting back to the car, I started getting regular tightening at the top of my bump. As the hours progressed, the contractions slowly got stronger and involved more of my bump. I also seem to be losing some mucus plug? Every time I use the restroom, I get a slightly pink tinged discharge, once it was dark brown. TMI but I've had virtually no discharge since second tri.
I started to get very unsettled, even lost my appetite. Then suddenly they stopped. Which I'm grateful for.. that walking really wore me out (I was dreading going into labor so tired) and baby needs more time to grow. I had hoped the walking would help my insomnia. I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 11 and now I can't go back to sleep. Grr. lol

Maybe it's your show! I wonder if everyone has a bloody show or not? I know not everyone loses their plug before labor but I don't know about the show...I was told that after the bloody show labor usually starts within a few days.

From what I've read, blood vessels in the cervix can break as the cervix thins and dilates so this is what causes blood tinging. But since not everyone thins and dilates before the onset of labor, I'd say that not everyone gets it.

Boo. I was really hoping I'd get some kind of sign saying labor is immenent at some point. :(

Boo. I was really hoping I'd get some kind of sign saying labor is immenent at some point. :(

If its any consolation, I have been having regular contractions, suddenly very full breasts, dilation and effacement, and loss of mucus plug and I still have no idea when baby will come. I thought for sure I wasn't going to make it another week last week and I'm still here.
I feel like I'm in the 2ww again, (4ww? :haha:). Where every symptom COULD mean something but you don't know until you know and noone can predict the outcome.

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA! Have been keeping up with everything though! Can you believe how close we are now!? I had the midwife today and all is good! Bubba is 3/5 engaged (i know second babies can go in and out but it made me super excited anyway) still back to back though but I'm on my hands and knees alot so hopefully baby will move!

Any predictions on my yellow bump???

Xxx

Baby is measuring average again (measured 6lb13oz) :) slightly on the short side, but what can you expect when I'm only 5 ft and hubs is like 5ft6in lol
They did blood work because I'm apparently at a higher risk of developing pre-e so they gave me papers on that and told me to keep an eye out for the symptoms. Also going to have NST 2x a week now instead of 1 and doc said that if they see anything they don't like baby will have an early birthday so to bring my bags with me to every appointment! Gonna pack PJ's clothes in his bag tonight (was waiting on last growth scan to decide what size clothes to pack - gonna go with some NB & 0-3 month) since I have my regular MW appointment tomorrow.
Eeekkk!! Kinda freakin' out!

Hi mummy2corban! No guesses here, I'm horrible at that! Glad you're doing well :)

Powell that's exciting that it could be any time! Wow I think my girly will be bigger than yours!! She was on track to be at least 8 pounds!

Exciting and scary since they seem to think I have a good chance of developing pre-e :/ i'd much rather be induced on my due date from GD rather than from pre-e which would be more of an 'emergency' situation :/ I just hope I don't get it, 2 weeks left!

hi mummy glad you're well and its exciting baby is getting into position. I heard babies can move out of back to back as late as in labor, keep up the good work :)

wow Powell you must feel things are really close!! I hope you don't get pre e.
I asked not to know the weight at my presentation ultrasound but she did say the baby had very long legs :haha:

Yeah but they just said you're at higher risk, right? Have you had any symptoms or protein in your urine or something?

Yeah but they just said you're at higher risk, right? Have you had any symptoms or protein in your urine or something?

I'm higher risk because i have family history of it, this is my first pregnancy and i have GD. Plus at my last two growth scans there was notching on my left side meaning baby isn't getting all the blood fire and stuff from me that he needs and that in itself is a precursor to pre-e :/
No symptoms as of yet so i am hoping and praying it stays that way. Freaked me out a little when the perinatologist said if/when they see anything at my appointments they don't like, baby will have an early birthday.

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA! Have been keeping up with everything though! Can you believe how close we are now!? I had the midwife today and all is good! Bubba is 3/5 engaged (i know second babies can go in and out but it made me super excited anyway) still back to back though but I'm on my hands and knees alot so hopefully baby will move!

Any predictions on my yellow bump???

Xxx

I think your yellow bump is going to turn ... PINK

Well not long left, hopefully everything will be fine!

Hi ladies.

Just to let you know I'm currently home in bed with the most beautiful baby in the world.

She didn't want to be a May baby after all!

Went into labour at 2:30am Saturday morning and a mere 29 hours later she appeared!

7lb 8oz and perfect.

She came out with one arm forward like Superman so I had a bad tear but stitches feel OK so far.

BFing is going well. Sleeping not so much.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->