Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Had my 36 week appointment today after 9(!) days of pretty regular contractions. Cervix is 2cm and 70% effaced so I'm glad to learn all this discomfort isn't for nothing.
Since my exam over 5 hrs ago, I've hit the 5-1-1 rule but I just don't feel like it's active labor so I'm hanging out at home. I guess I'm just expecting active labor to feel a fair bit different from what I've been experiencing for a while.

GL hun!!

I hope I get to the 5-1-1 before I have to be induced!

I get the 5-1-1 pretty frequently. I told my husband we are not following that rule lol I'm sure I'll know when all this early/prodromal labor turns into true, active labor. I'm still having the same contractions but they haven't changed since my exam so I'm not really expecting anything to happen. I think I have a good week or two yet, but hopefully these contractions are making some changes so that when the day comes, things will go that much faster!

I get the 5-1-1 pretty frequently. I told my husband we are not following that rule lol I'm sure I'll know when all this early/prodromal labor turns into true, active labor. I'm still having the same contractions but they haven't changed since my exam so I'm not really expecting anything to happen. I think I have a good week or two yet, but hopefully these contractions are making some changes so that when the day comes, things will go that much faster!

Do they feel like proper contractions or just more intense braxton hicks?

Im wondering coz last nite i had what i classed as more intense bh than normal, more in pelvis rather than whole bump, went on for about an hr, ranging from every 5-7mins but lasted 10-20 seconds, im not sure if they are anything at all?

Do they feel like proper contractions or just more intense braxton hicks?

Im wondering coz last nite i had what i classed as more intense bh than normal, more in pelvis rather than whole bump, went on for about an hr, ranging from every 5-7mins but lasted 10-20 seconds, im not sure if they are anything at all?

Well, every time I have been monitored for contractions of this intensity, they were considered true contractions. Mine always last 45-75 seconds and take some concentration to get through. My episodes usually last 2-6 hours then things will calm back down and I'll just get two or so an hr.
I would say though that your 'Braxton Hicks' could have been a bit of a false start, maybe from baby head banging your cervix? The contractions that I always took seriously were the ones I felt in my pelvis, but my whole bump would tighten too.

i've never gotten anything like that yet! just a few instances of very mild period type pains :shrug:

i've never gotten anything like that yet! just a few instances of very mild period type pains :shrug:

I'd rather not have them at all because I know baby will come out eventually, I don't need a four week lead up :haha: I'm exhausted!

I think I had some contractions last night after DTD - lasted from about 11:30PM-6AM! But they didn't get close enough to seem to be real. So I'm not too sure if they were just realllly reallly reallly intense BH or what! But they were coming every 4-10 minutes and then slowly drifted off and I was able to get to sleep about 5AM. Gonna try DTD again in a few days to see what happens, I kinda wanna wait til my growth scan on Monday tho hehe

I haven't had any braxton hicks or contractions at all! But honestly, I'm not planning to follow the 5-1-1 rule anyway. I'd really love to labor at home as long as I can, so I want to wait until my contractions are 2-3 minutes apart. Basically my ideal birth would be arriving at the hospital when it's about time to push!

I think I had some contractions last night after DTD - lasted from about 11:30PM-6AM! But they didn't get close enough to seem to be real. So I'm not too sure if they were just realllly reallly reallly intense BH or what! But they were coming every 4-10 minutes and then slowly drifted off and I was able to get to sleep about 5AM. Gonna try DTD again in a few days to see what happens, I kinda wanna wait til my growth scan on Monday tho hehe

Keep at it!
Sex certainly can cause real contractions, I ended up in the hospital at 28 weeks with contractions that started with sex then wouldnt let up :blush: I dilated half a cm because of it. Not much but enough to land me on pelvic rest! Hubby and I are looking forward to Monday :happydance:

DH wanted to dtd last night but he tried when it was late and I was almost asleep! Not happening! Maybe tonight, idk. Maybe it would help though... I'm just about done. I know the recommendations say 39 weeks (and I always swore I would never complain about pg issues because it took so long to get pg) but I just want her to be here and have my body back to myself. That sounds really bad though! I've been so lucky to have such an easy pregnancy so I shouldn't be complaining at all, but the last few weeks are just sucky! Especially when you have to work until you go into labor. Plus I DO NOT want to be induced, and if I get to 41 weeks then they'll schedule an induction for before 42 weeks and I don't want that to happen. I'll be trying everything I can to avoid it.

I'm the same way Jess. I swore that I'd enjoy every minute of being pregnant and all the aches and pains that come along with it. Psh if only I knew I'd be this uncomfortable I wouldn't have said that! haha

GET THIS BABY OUTTA ME! LMAO

It seems like forever doesn't it? Lol! Tbh I'm contemplating ways to get labor to start but I don't want to make her come if she isn't ready...but what if she's never ready and I have to get induced? But I just want her out now! I'm so conflicted!

Oooh ladies! I have an induction date! May 9th (38 wks) if she's not here yet :)

That's awesome Bethi! I'm so jealous of you ladies who know how long you have left!

I'm having a smoothie with pineapple and pineapple core in it...and I just had a double bag cup of rlt. I'm a bad girl...

That's awesome Bethi! I'm so jealous of you ladies who know how long you have left!

I'm having a smoothie with pineapple and pineapple core in it...and I just had a double bag cup of rlt. I'm a bad girl...

It's definately nice knowing when the end date is :) At the same time though I would change a longer pregnancy for no gd + pre-eclampsia anyday!

I'm the same way Jess. I swore that I'd enjoy every minute of being pregnant and all the aches and pains that come along with it. Psh if only I knew I'd be this uncomfortable I wouldn't have said that! haha

GET THIS BABY OUTTA ME! LMAO

Same here. I try soooo hard not to complain because we are very very blessed but my goodness I'm miserable quite a bit! I can't sit without pain because my baby is in my ribs, so I have to be either laying down (hello acid reflux) or up moving around (hello contractions) to be semi comfy.
And this insomnia is about to drive me insane. Last night I went to bed at 10. Woke up at midnight, tossed and turned until after 3 am and then woke up at 4, 5, 6, 715, 830, and 9 before I finally gave up. Babies have to sleep sometime so I KNOW I'll sleep better once he's here. And at least once he's here I'll have a good reason to be up at night :)

There's definitely pro's and con's to knowing when they'll be inducing. It's great knowing the 'end date' but also stressful because I really don't want to be induced!! A lady that's in the FB group i'm in went in to be induced 2 days ago and they still haven't broken her water! Things like that make me want to do everything I can to get this baby out before being induced. But then I worry if I start trying all kinda things to get him out, that he'll come too soon with me only being 37w4d :/ I'm so ready to be able to get comfortable again - but don't want to be selfish and make baby lose out on some good cooking time. Ugh I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place and it sucks!

yeah that's a tough position to be in Powell. maybe you could start a little slowly, and increase the things you do every half week or so. hopefully baby will come a little early for you anyway where you're small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->