Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

I don't know masses about a sweep but I'm booked in at 40+4 to have one if I go over.

What's acupressure?!

Xxx

Just wanted to share that I had my beautiful baby boy yesterday morning! We DTD Tuesday evening and within minutes the contractions started. I've had trouble with contractions for a long time but I knew these were real when I suddenly decided an epidural sounded amazing haha. We got to the hospital a few hrs later when I was four cm and my blood pressure he apparently taken a turn for the worse this week (still struggling with it 24hrs pp). She broke my water about 10pm and I ended up getting contractions that hardly let up before the next one came. I was crying hysterically and could not stay on top of them. Doc suggested epidural because of the added benefit of lowering my BP so I went with it. It was nothing like I expected... I could still feel and move my legs and I could still feel the contractions buy they were very bearable. Tried to rest/sleep until 7 am when I was fully dilated. I would have had an amazing delivery (just numb enough to not hurt) but then for whatever reason I started getting excruciating pain in my right hip! I felt like someone was twistingy leg off with each contraction and the doctors and nurses refused to let me try any other position except slightly reclined with legs on stirrups. By the time his head was halfway out I was once again hysterical and shouting in agony that I needed to roll on my side. With the last contraction they finally have in and let me roll on my side. It was such a relief and I was pissed that they hadn't let me do that an hour earlier.
Anyway they told me to look down and I immediately went from shouting in agony to saying "oh my god he's so cute!" which made everyone laugh lol the hip pain went away immediately so they think he was pressing on a nerve as he came through the birth canal. He weighed 6.7 lbs and I just had one small internal tear.
He let out a couple coughs but they never could get him to cry. He was just content and still hardly cries. Hes so sweet and I am so in love with him! I will be sure to post a picture soon :)

Oh and just an FYI because no one warned me.. You will lose bladder control but don't panic, it does come back slowly. For several hours after birth I completely soaked myself in pee every time I stood up. Now I still leak some but it's gotten tons better within the last 24 hrs.

Congrats New-Wife!!!! That's wonderful! 2 down May mommies :)

I was surprised my doctor mentioned a sweep! I guess I'll have to research it a bit more before. She did say baby was engaged though which is good news!!

Acupressure is just like acupuncture but instead of putting needles in certain places you just apply a bit of pressure with your fingers. I think I will look into this too :)

Wow congrats Newwife! how exciting!!! And thanks for letting me know about the incontinence :haha:

Congrats New_Wife!

Had my 38 wk appointment today. No change in dilation (so still a fingertip). :shrug:

Just wanted to share that I had my beautiful baby boy yesterday morning! We DTD Tuesday evening and within minutes the contractions started. I've had trouble with contractions for a long time but I knew these were real when I suddenly decided an epidural sounded amazing haha. We got to the hospital a few hrs later when I was four cm and my blood pressure he apparently taken a turn for the worse this week (still struggling with it 24hrs pp). She broke my water about 10pm and I ended up getting contractions that hardly let up before the next one came. I was crying hysterically and could not stay on top of them. Doc suggested epidural because of the added benefit of lowering my BP so I went with it. It was nothing like I expected... I could still feel and move my legs and I could still feel the contractions buy they were very bearable. Tried to rest/sleep until 7 am when I was fully dilated. I would have had an amazing delivery (just numb enough to not hurt) but then for whatever reason I started getting excruciating pain in my right hip! I felt like someone was twistingy leg off with each contraction and the doctors and nurses refused to let me try any other position except slightly reclined with legs on stirrups. By the time his head was halfway out I was once again hysterical and shouting in agony that I needed to roll on my side. With the last contraction they finally have in and let me roll on my side. It was such a relief and I was pissed that they hadn't let me do that an hour earlier.
Anyway they told me to look down and I immediately went from shouting in agony to saying "oh my god he's so cute!" which made everyone laugh lol the hip pain went away immediately so they think he was pressing on a nerve as he came through the birth canal. He weighed 6.7 lbs and I just had one small internal tear.
He let out a couple coughs but they never could get him to cry. He was just content and still hardly cries. Hes so sweet and I am so in love with him! I will be sure to post a picture soon :)

Oh and just an FYI because no one warned me.. You will lose bladder control but don't panic, it does come back slowly. For several hours after birth I completely soaked myself in pee every time I stood up. Now I still leak some but it's gotten tons better within the last 24 hrs.

OMG Congrats hun!!! <3

my husband and brother just set up the crib in our room :cloud9:
although it's sooo massive. i almost feel bad putting the tiny baby in there

Booo! My induction just got moved from the 9th to the 15th :( I'll just have to try to go on my own! My cervix has made some progress since last appt. Now 3-4 cm and 60% effaced.

Booo! My induction just got moved from the 9th to the 15th :( I'll just have to try to go on my own! My cervix has made some progress since last appt. Now 3-4 cm and 60% effaced.

Why'd they move it?

Why'd they move it?

My specific ob isn't in the hospital that day (originally she thought she was) and the next day she is is the 15th. It's a practice of 8 different Dr's so if I did an earlier date then I'd have to use another Dr. BP and everything has been really good so she's happy with 38+6 which is what the 15th will be for me.

Babyface - That would be nice!

New wife- congratulations! Hope your both ok. I had the opposite and couldn't wee!!!

Bethi sorry to hear they have moved your induction.

Baby face yay to having your crib set up! Mines ready and waiting too!

Xxx

Bethi, maybe you'll go into labor on your own before then! Sounds like your cervix is way more ready for it than mine is at the moment!

I've got my crib set up too ladies. But DH has been slow in helping me get some storage solutions (space-wise we need to think vertically, so I'd like him to put some shelves up), so right now all the stuff for the baby is IN the crib :dohh:.

Still nothing, after I lost my plug I had a little bit of bloody discharge yesterday. But other than that I only have abit of cervix pressure here and there and back aches :/ Nothing yet. *Sigh* I'm getting impatient!

Natalie, I hope your wait isn't too long! I know they told us that you can lose the mucous plug right before labor, or even a couple of weeks before it... I hope it's the former for you! I know you're ready!

I hope your right, DH has Finals all next week D: So that is defiantly not an ideal week for him to come, because Kyle doesn't have the most award winning grades right now :/ He needs to make good on the Finals. So I hope its this weekend or at least after next week even though that is a longer wait.

Got an induction date :)

Wednesday night I go in and start cervadil.

They were considering inducing me today because I was failing my NST - but then baby woke up thank goodness lol I want one more weekend! So I go back Tuesday for my last NST and if he doesn't cooperate again, they'll just send me across the street to the hospital and induce then rather than leaving me on the monitor for an additional 30 minutes. I'll be 39w1d Wednesday! Ahh I can't believe that this time next week, we'll have a baby!

Wow Powell that's awesome! Hopefully Emily decides she's done cooking soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->