Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Cervix is still high and firm, not really dilated (just a fingertip). She actually offered a sweep without me even asking her about it first but my cervix isn't favorable enough for her to be able to. :( So nothing here. She suggested trying accupuncture though, we have accupuncturists in our building so I'll call tomorrow and get an appointment. She did say that since my cervix is so unfavorable, if I had to be induced today (hypothetically) there would be a 50% chance of ending up with a c section. Ick!

Powell you're going to do awesome! Just think about how close you are to meeting your little boy :)

lovely final bump pic Powell!
gl tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about him. xx

aw Jess i'm sure that's not the news you were hoping to hear :p when's you're next checkup?

Next Tuesday...so 39+6 lol. Hopefully I go before that!

Powell we would love to hear your story and see some Picts when you get a chance!

Jess hopefully something happens soon! Still not long though!

Xxx

Bummer Jess! How long have you been taking the EPO & zinc?

Good luck today Powell! We're all thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way :D

Jess, I just had an amazing massage. She did some acupressure points for induction and I've had two Braxton Hicks so far since I left 45 mins ago. Maybe there is something to the acupuncture!!

I have an appointment for acupuncture on Friday before work...it's supposed to work in 48 hours so we'll see!

I've been taking EPO since 35 weeks. I just did the zinc for a few days, and I forgot yesterday altogether (though we did DTD). I think I'll get a zinc supplement instead though since one Cold Eeze only has half the zinc in it that's in my prenatal that I take every night.

Anyone else hormonal and got the ump?

Kids have had dinner, hubby out so got himself chips and i need a bath and dunno what to eat and its getting late, ho hum

I should be napping right now but i can't sleep! Lol. I gotta call the hospital in 2 hours to find out when to come in. Eek

Yay! Good luck Powell! We can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous boy! :)

I'm having (I guess) prelabor symptoms. Multiple soft bowel movements, low back pain on and off, af type cramps on and off, BH pretty much constantly...let's get this show on the road already! lol

I just got off the phone with the hospital and they don't have any beds available right now so I gotta call back at 9. I'm ready to go in now! lol

Ugh still no bed available. Now we gotta wait for them to call me when one opens up. Ugh I'm so frustrated :/

Good luck to all you ladies delivering soon! I have attached a picture of my sweet boy - one week old today!

To answer the question about contractions.. I'd been having regular BHs for two weeks. We DTD and five minutes later the contractions started. I too, had wondered if I would know when to go in. But when I had to try several different positions with each contraction and still couldn't get comfortable, I knew it was time. They set off a bit of a panic response with me and I told my husband.. I know this is it because I'm reconsidering natural childbirth..

A few things about PP. You will be offered pain medication afterwards and I found ibuprofen worked excellent for the pain! You will probably lose your bladder control for a few days because the pelvic floor muscles are so stretched during delivery. The first day, I peed every time I stood up. The second day was a little better, but I would pee before I could make it to the bathroom. Then each day after that I could stand for longer and longer periods of time. Bleeding was nothing like I expected. Pretty heavy for a few hours, but lighter than a period since then.
Also, baby blues are no joke! I cried packing up at the hospital! I think I just felt like I had spent so long dreaming about the experience and anticipating his arrival, and now the experience was over. I wanted to experience it all again. And after I was home, I cried every night for several nights because I didn't want him to grow up! I'm starting to feel less sad though now. I love being a mommy!

Attachments

• 253395_10151699252045934_894536325_n.jpg
    253395_10151699252045934_894536325_n.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for sharing, Newwife... what an awesome little guy you have there :)

So cute!!
Thanx for all the good info :)

AFM- 3AM and still at home ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah boo Powell I hope you get the call soon and it won't be long till your gorgeous lil one is in your arms xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->