Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Had my shower last weekend. She is going to be the best dressed little lady on the block!

I'm having a shower on May 24 for my family and friends, and April 7 for dh's family.

may 24 will that be after babys due date for you? we are team yellow but having a shower before. its our first so i'm ok to get gender neutral items BC then we can use them for our next baby!

sweet about your shower hun, it must be nice to have all the little outfits to look at :)

Sorry meant March 24 lol! I have a theory that at night, the baby crawls up and eats a little bit of my brain!

Sorry meant March 24 lol! I have a theory that at night, the baby crawls up and eats a little bit of my brain!

Hahaha

@baby I think having a shower without knowing the gender is great ... people actually get you something other than TONS of clothes!

How is everyone feeling?

I feel yuk today, breathless and huge, feel so uncomfy in my maternity jeans so i changed into my pj's and im still not comfortable, feel really restless and baby moving making me feel queasy!

Wish pregnancy was only 30 weeks not 40 :wacko: Ive had enough now and this is def my last

Hahaha

@baby I think having a shower without knowing the gender is great ... people actually get you something other than TONS of clothes!

This is why I'm having my shower afterward though... I'm afraid we'd end up with a ton of gender neutral clothes which I don't really like! The big stuff we want gender neutral anyway so we can use it for other kids, if we have them... but we're buying most of that ourselves anyway.

@never My cousin just had her shower (she's not finding out the sex) and I thought it was great because people didn't really get her clothes! She got stuff she actually needed! Made me a bit jealous... lol

There's just not that much stuff that I feel like we really NEED, I guess. I'm kind of a minimalist and plus we only live in a one bedroom apartment, so don't have the space for a bunch of stuff. I hope/plan to breastfeed, and be a SAHM, so don't need bottles or other feeding equipment. We're doing cloth diapers so I'm making sure on the shower invite to include that if people want to gift diapers they can do so by a financial gift so I can order what I'm finding suitable/what I want. The child WILL need something to wear clothes wise. I'm not stocking up on clothes or anything, just a few gender neutral basics for the beginning, so as long as I get a range of sizes it will be stuff that I actually need. Also I'm only having a shower hosted by my church, and I don't live near family, so I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get any bigger items anyway. My parents live in another country so will be spending their money on travel, and DH's family is broke.

:shrug: I guess I've never done this before, so maybe I'm wrong, and will need more than I think. But my basic list is food (hopefully in the free, natural form of breastmilk!), a safe place to sleep (check!), and a safe way to be transported, aka car seat (check!), and appropriate clothing/covering for the weather. Everything else is just extras. :shrug:

I haven't thought much about that yet! Good idea taking the next size up in case baby is a little big though. I'm having my shower on April 7 so plan to do whatever shopping that remains after that. Can't wait as I am getting so eager to start thinking about these things! Anyone else having a shower?

We had our shower in the 9th of this month. We got tons of great stuff :) Luckily not many clothes, which we don't need because we got enough clothes from a friend of mine plus from my cousins.

haha Jess!!!
I wish I was having mine sooner now BC I'll have to do all my shopping at 34 weeks after the shower.

yeah we're hoping to get stuff that we need from the registry! people are always going to bring clothes and blankets but hopefully we'll get more of the other stuff we need too!

oh Clair poor you :( I had a day like that yesterday. feeling a bit better now today though for some reason

haha Jess!!!
I wish I was having mine sooner now BC I'll have to do all my shopping at 34 weeks after the shower.

yeah we're hoping to get stuff that we need from the registry! people are always going to bring clothes and blankets but hopefully we'll get more of the other stuff we need too!

oh Clair poor you :( I had a day like that yesterday. feeling a bit better now today though for some reason

Eeesh my first shower is not until 35 weeks, and then I have another at 37. So that puts me waiting until 37 weeks to shop! :nope:

I'm really slowing down y'all. It is uncomfortable to walk, and I keep getting "crotch lightning". Also (sorry TMI!) I can barely poop! I'm getting worried since I know it's going to get worse in the next 8 or so weeks, and I'm working up until I go into labor...

I'm really slowing down y'all. It is uncomfortable to walk, and I keep getting "crotch lightning". Also (sorry TMI!) I can barely poop! I'm getting worried since I know it's going to get worse in the next 8 or so weeks, and I'm working up until I go into labor...

I feel your pain. I can only be up walking around for about 30/45 minutes before I start getting bad cramps and contractions - bad enough for me to feel woozy. Blood pressure and blood work is all normal though :shrug: I ended up crying in the middle of WalMart last week because I went by myself and spent way too long looking at baby things so by the time I got to food (the reason I was there in the first place) I was in horrible pain! I nearly called my husband to come get me :(
So now, I'm just being really lazy. Baby needs to cook a little longer so I don't want to push it.

Happy 32 weeks due date buddies!!

https://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o560/Powell130/8c6926bc-a58a-4b2e-8eb7-8b5e98fb56ab_zps8849d1fd.jpg

I had my 32 week check up today also. It was my first visit since getting diagnosed with GD. My numbers have been good, just not my weight gain since being on the diet. I have gained .8 lbs since my 30 week visit so I get to add more food to my diet which I'm very excited about lol I'm at 25 lbs gained and since I was so small pre-pregnancy they want me at about 40 lbs, so looks like I have lots of gaining to do! Which I'm perfectly fine with lol Baby boy is still head down (he has been since before our first 3D ultrasound at 28 weeks, i think it was 28 lol) and I hope he stays that way lol Measured right on 32 weeks. Since I'm technically "high risk" now due to the GD, i see the perinatologist on the 1st and am scheduled for a growth scan then :) I'm okay with being classified high risk because I want baby's size to be monitored cuz I don't want a big baby lol but the MW said that if my 2hr numbers stay good like they have been, it shouldn't be an issue but they'll be doing another growth scan closer to the end of the pregnancy to check his size once more. Didn't mention having to be induced early either :) which I'm very glad about! All and all it was a good visit and I really like the MW I saw today, it was my first time seeing this one.

Happy 32 weeks Powell! Lovely bump =)

The attached picture is my bump picture from Sunday, at 31 weeks.

Attachments

• 31 Weeks cropped.jpg
    31 Weeks cropped.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
Happy 32 weeks Powell! Lovely bump =)

The attached picture is my bump picture from Sunday, at 31 weeks.

Thanx!!

You look great!! I love the countdown on the chalkboard in the background! Such a cute idea :)

haha Jess!!!

Eeesh my first shower is not until 35 weeks, and then I have another at 37. So that puts me waiting until 37 weeks to shop! :nope:

oh that's even worse! I plan on making a really good list and going out to do it in one go. maybe you can get someone to come with you :)

beautiful bumps ladies :)

I am a online shopper which has helped TONS from having to walk around stores and go from store to store. Plus, I've been able to find great deals! Mayb you could try that?

haha Jess!!!

oh that's even worse! I plan on making a really good list and going out to do it in one go. maybe you can get someone to come with you :)

beautiful bumps ladies :)

Oh yes, I do not shop alone even for groceries now. I make DH go. But for baby stuff I'm sure my MIL would LOVE to go with me...

I am a online shopper which has helped TONS from having to walk around stores and go from store to store. Plus, I've been able to find great deals! Mayb you could try that?

I'm a huge online shopper as well. I would love to just order stuff, that way I am sure to get what I want too, being restricted to brick-and-mortar stores limits you to what they have in stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->