Mid May Mommies 2 B.. wanna wait it 2gether!

Ohhhhh Im soooooo overjoyed with all the responses and replies!!!! Keep them coming!

lovely bump! :)

I'm noticing I'm getting a little short on breath these days, I think it's the start of a downward trend! :haha:

Any other first time moms on here? I would love to go a week early but I think the stats say we're more likely to go a bit late

I'm with ya on the shortness of breath! Even if I sit slightly slumped over, it feels like there's a midget sitting on my chest lol I'm also a FTM :) and not happy with the stats that say we're more likely to go a bit late, but I also have GD which may work in my favor on that one

I just got diagnosed with GD last week =\ It's really interesting to see how different foods effect my numbers although they all seem to be within the limits I was given. I'm really hoping to not have to go on insulin!

I was diagnosed last week as well!! I picked up my meter today and have a class to go to tomorrow AM to learn about GD and how to use the meter. Curious to see what my numbers are going to be. What kind of things have you been eating?

A lot more fresh veg when I can and protein. I picked up these protein bars for snacks which are great. The hardest for me is breakfast... usually a greek yogurt or sausage with toast. I recently found out 3 tacos will still keep me well below my limit and that's a great fall back if I'm having cravings :) Everyone's different you'll learn a lot at your meeting tomorrow. I was totally overwhelmed at first but it's actually a blessing in disguise as I'm eating a lot better and learning a ton.

Natalie, can you call Medicaid and confirm that? That really doesn't make sense, because what if you just happened to be a woman who had a fast labor and ended up having an unplanned homebirth? What if your midwife got called out of town unexpectedly for a funeral or something when you went into labor? What if you were wanting to switch care providers but still have a hospital birth? Etc.

I'm noticing I'm getting a little short on breath these days, I think it's the start of a downward trend! :haha:

Any other first time moms on here? I would love to go a week early but I think the stats say we're more likely to go a bit late

I'm with ya on the shortness of breath! Even if I sit slightly slumped over, it feels like there's a midget sitting on my chest lol I'm also a FTM :) and not happy with the stats that say we're more likely to go a bit late, but I also have GD which may work in my favor on that one

I just got diagnosed with GD last week =\ It's really interesting to see how different foods effect my numbers although they all seem to be within the limits I was given. I'm really hoping to not have to go on insulin!

I was diagnosed last week as well!! I picked up my meter today and have a class to go to tomorrow AM to learn about GD and how to use the meter. Curious to see what my numbers are going to be. What kind of things have you been eating?

A lot more fresh veg when I can and protein. I picked up these protein bars for snacks which are great. The hardest for me is breakfast... usually a greek yogurt or sausage with toast. I recently found out 3 tacos will still keep me well below my limit and that's a great fall back if I'm having cravings :) Everyone's different you'll learn a lot at your meeting tomorrow. I was totally overwhelmed at first but it's actually a blessing in disguise as I'm eating a lot better and learning a ton.

I got some light meal/snack bars outta the Atkins section so those have been helping out my snacking. But yeah I think I'll have problems with breakfast too lol I am trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise for the better eating aspect too, so I'm glad to see someone else doing the same :) has your doc said anything about you having to deliver early or anything because of it?

Those were my thoughts exactly. Thats why I am wondering if she is trying to make me feel bad about not wanting to have her deliver the baby. I live 45 minutes away from home as it is, so there is no telling where I will have my Lo.

I got some light meal/snack bars outta the Atkins section so those have been helping out my snacking. But yeah I think I'll have problems with breakfast too lol I am trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise for the better eating aspect too, so I'm glad to see someone else doing the same :) has your doc said anything about you having to deliver early or anything because of it?

I've only met with the dietitian and I see my doc this week. I know she won't let me go past 40 with GD and if I end up on insulin I'll probably have a 39 wk induction. Hopefully I'll know more when I see her on Thursday :)

I've only met with the dietitian and I see my doc this week. I know she won't let me go past 40 with GD and if I end up on insulin I'll probably have a 39 wk induction. Hopefully I'll know more when I see her on Thursday :)

Next Tuesday will be my first appointment with the doc/midwife (not sure who i'll be seeing) since being diagnosed so I am definitely going to ask them about that!

Natalie, can you call Medicaid and confirm that? That really doesn't make sense, because what if you just happened to be a woman who had a fast labor and ended up having an unplanned homebirth? What if your midwife got called out of town unexpectedly for a funeral or something when you went into labor? What if you were wanting to switch care providers but still have a hospital birth? Etc.

I think if she delivers, she can use an all inclusive global charge code for the whole thing, which makes it super easy for her. If she doesn't, she has to code each and every prenatal visit and every test and everything she does, which makes it a lot harder.

I am due May 11th, planning a midwife attended homebirth.

I was having a pretty easy pregnancy, still am I guess, but this carpal tunnel thing is getting to me. Numb fingers are NOT good feeling.

I really want baby to be born on the 8th of May, it's an important day to me. That would only be 3 days before my EDD, and based on when I know I DTD, my due date would be May 7th anyway, which would make May 8th +1 instead of -3....

bethi- https://cafepatryn.blogspot.com/2012/02/low-carb-tortilla-chips-homemade-salsa.html#.UT_ybRzqnkU

This makes me excited cuz I LOVE chips and salsa :)

Will definitely be getting some of those tortillas tomorrow :)

Shortness of breath over here too... went grocery shopping with dh before and decided to walk down to this other shop... would have been 300meters away... by the time I walked there and around the store and back omg I felt like I had gained 100kgs and ran a marathon lol...

For those of u with gd... hope all is well :)

Hi Ladies,

My due date is on May 9th. I feel extremely tired these days. Even though I don't do anything I just have to lie down and take a nap every now and then.

Baby movements are crazy!! I've never felt my baby active so much! I literally feel every jab and kick :) I can say that my baby is head down as I've begun to feel the hiccups in my lower abdomen.

As far as weight gain goes, I've just gained 5 lbs so far :shrug: and weigh 152 lbs. My doctor isn't concerned at all as the baby measures right. But I still worry :( What about you ladies? How are you all feeling?

So many may ladies! Exciting!

Hope all your gd are ok.

I've been getting short of breathe! This time round baby is higher so get feet in my ribs! Do you know how your bubbas are laying? I feel hiccups a few times a day in different places so baby is clearly everywhere.

I was a week late with my first. I don't mind if I go over this time though. Will any of you try anything to get baby to come? Raspberry leaf tea etc??

Xxx

So many may ladies! Exciting!

Hope all your gd are ok.

I've been getting short of breathe! This time round baby is higher so get feet in my ribs! Do you know how your bubbas are laying? I feel hiccups a few times a day in different places so baby is clearly everywhere.

I was a week late with my first. I don't mind if I go over this time though. Will any of you try anything to get baby to come? Raspberry leaf tea etc??

Xxx

Hi

Im the same as you, baby is lying very different to the way my first did and I'm getting a lot more movement in my ribs than I did last time.

I have started raspberry leaf tea. As far as I'm aware it doesn't help you go into labour early but helps make 2nd stage quicker. Can definitely vouch for this, with my first I had to be induced but went from 3cm to 10cm in under half an hour!!! Hoping that happens again, it was just so fast hehe. xx

Hey all I'm due may 24th :) with my precious little boy this is my first am not enjoying pregnancy at all lol :) finding it strange that I can feel hiccups in my bum lol !!!

hi i'm due may 19th may but getting a stretch and sweep @ 37 weeks, 29th april only 6 weeks and 4 days :argh:

i'm tired and out of breath too
but have enjoyed every minute of the pregnancy, we were trying nearly 7 years, so i make every second count, i feel so lucky to be experiancing something i thought id never get the chance too.

completely besotted with my little boy already :kiss:

Mirchi don't worry about the weight gain! I've only gained 10 as of my last appointment, but 7 of those were between 24 and 28 weeks! Up until 24 weeks I'd only gained 1. My doctor isn't bothered by my weight gain either.

Chelle, I can't say I'm enjoying pregnancy either. I feel a bit bad about that as this pregnancy has been really easy so far, bar a few days here and there where I haven't felt the best! I just try to remind myself of the end goal, and my 2 years of LTTTC before this won't let me take it for granted, anyway.

Phoebemum I didn't really know what raspberry leaf tea just guess ladies used it to help bring on labour. Sounds interesting! Might have a little research on that. They say your second is quicker too! Fingers crossed!

Chelle I feel hiccups in my bum at times! Very strange!!! Haha!

Mirchi I wouldn't worry about your weight to much if your dr is happy with things. As for me me the Last time I weighed myself I had put on over a stone. Oops!

Xxx

Mummy2corban I'm so glad I'm not on my own :)

I think it's the emotions that are making it unbearable i can cry for hours over nothing !!! I've had a week probably where I've felt good :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->