Middle and last name same initial?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Would it be odd to have a middle name and last name start with the same letter?

First name P____ P___?

I know BIL has the initials PFP, but wasn't sure if it would be odd having *PP. This would only happen if we're having a boy, still don't know yet!:winkwink:

No, I don't think it's weird. For me, it all depends on the actual name and surname.

My OH has the same initials (both first name and surname start with the lettet D, he has no middle name as that is really uncommon where I live), and it's not weird at all. The same is with his sister (both intials are D, which was unintentional) and it also sounds great/doesn't seem weird.

If the name and surname go well together and flow nicely (and don't rhyme), I think you're good.

I think the problem I'm feeling is that if baby is a boy, we thought of having his middle name be Paul after DH's best friend that passed away while I was pregnant with our first. But Paul as a middle name doesn't really flow nicely with our last name.

I honestly do not think that is odd lol and no one really uses initials these days x

No, not odd. It wouldn't bother me at all :)

I think the problem I'm feeling is that if baby is a boy, we thought of having his middle name be Paul after DH's best friend that passed away while I was pregnant with our first. But Paul as a middle name doesn't really flow nicely with our last name.

It seems to me that the initials aren't really the problem then... :) Maybe you're not too happy with the middle name you chose?

We do two middle names, I really like it and am gutted my siblings got two and I didn't get middle name at all. Maybe you can use two middle names and the first one be Paul so it isn't right before your surname?

I consider initials.. My last name starts with 0 so first names beginning with a B or H are out.. Personally I would avoid a first and last name starting with P but see no issue with a middle and last name starting with P. That's just me though but the name always trumps the initials anyway even if they aren't "ideal". I think most people don't really care about initials at all.

Initials can be important... Two names of the same letter isn't a big deal, but being a PP might be embarrassing... It doesn't come up much, but my mum's initials are PMS, which has put us both in some embarrassing situations. PMS, in my opinion, is far worse than PP, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->