Middle name for Thor

Love the name Thor!! Thor Alexander sounds really good together. My son's name is Erik Bjorn (had to pick a Norwegian name). I wanted to give him Bjorn as a first name but everyone said it was too weird, so I still regret making it a middle name. Thor is an awesome first name, just the way it is, short, strong and deep. Love it!

It's good to hear that, so I don't chicken out. Some people just give me the most horrified look when I tell them we are considering Thor.

Good thinking! We have the same naming philosophy :)

Thor Andrew (only 2 syllables)
Thor Adrian
Thor Alistair
Thor Anthony

Thor Nathaniel
Thor Nathan
Thor Nicholas
Thor Newton
Thor Norton

Thor Daniel
Thor Darian
Thor Damien
Thor Dixon
Thor Duncan

Thor Lucas
Thor Laurence
Thor Lyndon

I really like Thor Nathaniel (the starting letters really work well together and aren't too similar)
I also like Thor Anthony and Thor Lyndon

P.s. Bassdesire, I never did thank you for putting so much thought into giving me TONS of name ideas, THANK YOU!! :hugs:

Firs i like the name Thor...
What about:

Thor Peter
Thor Aidan
Thor André
Thor August

Love Thor. I met someone once whose son is called this and they have a daughter called Freya and a son named after another Norse god (but can't remember which one!). I think Thor Alexander sounds really good. Other "traditional" middles to go with Thor:

Thor Henry
Thor William
Thor Samuel
Thor Nicholas
Thor Matthew
Thor Oliver
Thor Frederick
Thor Christopher
Thor Jonathan
Thor Joseph
Thor Vincent
Thor Victor
Thor Elliot
Thor Edward
Thor Daniel

I like Thor too - Zeus is still a possibility for me but I get the same reaction as you!

For some reason 'I' middle names spring to mind when I hear Thor:

Thor Isaiah (my fave)
Thor Isaac
Thor Immanuel/Emmanuel
Thor Edison

How about just Thor...its a pretty powerful name and doesnt need anything to accompany it (imo) x

Thor Alexander....nothing else sounds right....
Theo Alexander would be even better!
Just saying....

Thor Michael
Thor Anderson
Thor William
Thor Franklin
Thor Daniel

I love Thor...My DH would never agree lol!

AMAZING name. I love Thorin though as well. What about Thorin Jory?

I like Thor too - Zeus is still a possibility for me but I get the same reaction as you!

Thor Isaiah (my fave)
Thor Isaac
Thor Immanuel/Emmanuel
Thor Edison

Fantastic choices. I toyed with Zeus as well but weve gone for Zachary.

The Thor names there are also wicked. x

Here are my suggestions:

Thor - Joseph
- Andrew
- Julian
- James
- Robert
- Adam
- Henry
- Michael
- Jacob

Good luck! Finding a suitable middle name can turn out to be even harder than finding the perfect first name I've found!

By the way - love the name Thorsten. Here it's pronounced "Tore-sten". Would you pronounce it "TH-ore-sten"?

Thor is a good name! I call my son 'Tor' because his name is Torran.

I like Thor Alexander. Thor is strong enough to stand on it's own.

ETA: There's always Thorsen, which gets rid of the sounding like Lauren.

The problem with Thor is it's such a strong name that almost any name coming after it sounds odd or unnecessary, especially if the middle name is something "modern" or from a completely different background.

Is your background Scandinavian? Have you thought of another similar name to go after it, like Ragnar, Sigurd, Gunnar, Hallfred, Kodran?

Piper, our background is not Scandinavian (French-Canadian, and Danish), which is why I don't want to pair 'Thor' with a Scandinavian middle name as well.... then it's like us naming our son "Alejandro Gustavo" when we are nowhere near Latin. ;-)
So that eliminates some of the (really cool) Scandinavian middle names.

By the way - love the name Thorsten. Here it's pronounced "Tore-sten". Would you pronounce it "TH-ore-sten"?

I think it would remain as "TH-ore-sten", simply because in the U.S. "Thor" is pronounced with the "TH"... so I'd need the full version to use the "TH" as well.

I think hubby is really hooked on keeping 'Thor' as the full name... and just allowing the middle name to be a more 'unremarkable' name if our little boy ever needs to 'tone it down' a little. :)

Seems like Alexander is the winner so far. :) Thor, God of Thunder... and Alexander The Great!

(Someone just recently told us "Do you know how many giant hammers you're going to receive as baby gifts...?") :rofl:

Thor Isaiah (my fave)
Thor Isaac
Thor Immanuel/Emmanuel
Thor Edison

You're right..... "I" names seem to flow easily following "Thor"...

Thor Alexander....nothing else sounds right....
Theo Alexander would be even better!
Just saying....

I think I agree, Indigo. Thor Alexander just seems right.
No Theo, though.... makes me think of the Huxtables... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->