**MIDSUMMER DREAMERS** Mid July - Mid August Pregnancies!!! Come join!!!!! :D

Ooooh my goodness! Does anyone else feel so bloated and like they've put on loads of weight in spite of the fact they havent done anything to put any of the extra weight on? I'm only in week 6 and my middle bit is just so bloated its crazy! I know thats the worst part of me that always hangs out (I've lost loads of weight and its the bit of flab that just won't shift!) but when I wear my coat I look pregnant already! Surely I shouldnt be showing yet? Unless I'm actually more pregnant than we thought (even though I came on a period last time!)

I just don't know what to tell parents and friends when we next see them at Christmas - havent seen them for ages and they'll so see I've put weight on! And I've heard that really you shouldnt try to lose weight during pregnancy! Argh! I'm laying off the chocolate and crisps.... but its still piling on! I'm really upset about this one! xxx
Losing weight while pregnant is a no no. That weight you're gaining means the baby is healthy

You're just bloated, it's most likely water weight. Don't tell if you don't want to yet hon

I was exactly the same found it so upsetting when people said I had put on weight when I had actually lost some!!! My bloating has gone down a bit now Although saying that someone at work said oh wow u must be 20weeks by now!! I cried!!! :(

hi this life, how are you feeling today? i just saw this in another thread and it made sense the woman there i also describing her bleeding like a period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee28
starry i feel your pain. had a massive bright red bleed this afternoon, rushed to hospital. doc said my cervix is still closed so it isnt a MC at the moment, but they'll scan me tommorow. Stressed.xxxx

Originally posted by starrynight
I don't want to give false hopes or anything, but one of my big bleeds was at 6 weeks and everything was fine. The next week I had an even bigger bleed and the nurse at the ER told me that bleeds at about the 6/7 week mark is the best time to have them as it could simply be from the placenta digging into the uterine lining. She said that sometimes the blood and tissue come loose and as it heals there is bleeding.

I will be thinking of you.

hope this helps x

hi this life, how are you feeling today? i just saw this in another thread and it made sense the woman there i also describing her bleeding like a period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee28
starry i feel your pain. had a massive bright red bleed this afternoon, rushed to hospital. doc said my cervix is still closed so it isnt a MC at the moment, but they'll scan me tommorow. Stressed.xxxx

Originally posted by starrynight
I don't want to give false hopes or anything, but one of my big bleeds was at 6 weeks and everything was fine. The next week I had an even bigger bleed and the nurse at the ER told me that bleeds at about the 6/7 week mark is the best time to have them as it could simply be from the placenta digging into the uterine lining. She said that sometimes the blood and tissue come loose and as it heals there is bleeding.

I will be thinking of you.

hope this helps x

Thank you love! I'm feeling much better today. No cramps, just hungry and tired of lying in bed. Ready for Josh to get home so I can get some food. Ya know, eating handfuls of frosted flakes only helps so much :rofl: I'm pretty confident all is just fine with the baby. I have talked to quite a few people and it sounds like I just had some hunger pangs mixed with bleeding so it seemed bad. Friday can't get here soon enough though!

I feel sooo much better. The nurse just called and said my HCG levels were at 256 (yeah, where the ER doctor got 1 week pregnant I have no clue) but anyway I'm very happy. And she said according to my blood test results I haven't lost any more blood than I'm supposed to, meaning it wasn't a miscarriage. I won't feel better until I get another test on Friday, but wowwww I feel way better now! :happydance:

Who wants to trade me? I'm sick of bed rest!

What's the story with bedrest? How long? Why? Everything ok?

Yeah my OBGYN just wants me down because of the bleeding. She wants me on it until I can come and see her on Friday and get checked out by someone who actually knows about pregnancy...not an ER doctor.

I think that most ER docs are over-cautious. I am sure they have alot of malpractice suits! I cant believe she cant get you in until Friday! I hope the week isnt too long for you and everything ends up ok. A nice little stay-cation curled up at home, right? :thumbup:

Hello ladies! I'm back from my two weeks away - and boy am I tired! Nasuea is kicking in but so far nothing coming up *fingers crossed*.

Ericacaca - I know what you mean about feeling bloated. I've been undoing my jeans by the evening and feeling very bloated, but I seem to have lost weight while I was away - which (how weird to say this!) I am not very happy about. I know I was eating a lot - and I made sure I was have protein, carbs and even with a burger and chips I had a side of veggies - so not sure whats happened. I'll just have to carry on munching away and make sure twiglet is getting enough!

Oh and thisislife - I'm very happy for you and your good news!!

First midwife appointment tomorrow and quite nervous. My GP never did a urine test - just looked at my HPT and agreed so I'm worried I've been making it all up. It will be nice if I get an actual confimation from someone in the medical profession I might start believing it. I even bought a test in the US last week to convince myself I wasn't dreaming!

How are all of you wondeerful ladies doing?

me 3!!! yay!! love that my ticker actually resembles a baby ohhh

Oh - there are quite a few around the 7 week mark! I bought some blueberries earlier and then saw someone elses ticker about the baby being a size of one - it's amazing.

funny how something sooo tiny can make me sooo SICK! its worth it though.

It is! And can make everything we eat taste like tin!

I just watched a development video someone posted here from 6 weeks and its crazy that this little blueberry inside us is wriggling around, with a heartbeat and we can't feel a thing!

I'm 7 weeks and 3-4 days! I think I feel worse when I don't have anything in my stomach, as I was sick this morning for the first time after not eating as soon as I woke! ! hate most foods though and go off everything I eat a day later! running out of options now! I'm hoping I can eat properly by Christmas day!

My mum knows I'm pregnant but telling the rest of my family on Christmas day and my husband's family on Boxing day. I know it's early but they will only know when I don't have a drink!

Is anyone else at 7 weeks (ish) telling on Christmas too?

Who wants to trade me? I'm sick of bed rest!

What's the story with bedrest? How long? Why? Everything ok?

Yeah my OBGYN just wants me down because of the bleeding. She wants me on it until I can come and see her on Friday and get checked out by someone who actually knows about pregnancy...not an ER doctor.

I think that most ER docs are over-cautious. I am sure they have alot of malpractice suits! I cant believe she cant get you in until Friday! I hope the week isnt too long for you and everything ends up ok. A nice little stay-cation curled up at home, right? :thumbup:
I think they flat out just like to think they know what they're talking about. Somehow the ER dr felt like telling me I was a week pregnant with an hcg level of 256? Uh, yeahhh that's about 5 weeks. So yeah, my dates are most likely off. Still though, really? I can't stand ERs. I can't get in until friday mainly because DF works in Portland (hour and a half away) until Thursday 5a-5p and he can't afford to take off. Well, he offered but he can't. She said I'm honestly probably fine since the cramps went away. She said I was probably just getting really bad hunger pangs and was mistaking them for cramps. Either way, yeah laying in bed sucks actually. I feel awful having to ask DF to make me breakfast WHILE he's getting ready for work.

I have to ask him to do everything, which is awful. He doesn't mind, but I do.:nope:

Hello ladies! I'm back from my two weeks away - and boy am I tired! Nasuea is kicking in but so far nothing coming up *fingers crossed*.

Ericacaca - I know what you mean about feeling bloated. I've been undoing my jeans by the evening and feeling very bloated, but I seem to have lost weight while I was away - which (how weird to say this!) I am not very happy about. I know I was eating a lot - and I made sure I was have protein, carbs and even with a burger and chips I had a side of veggies - so not sure whats happened. I'll just have to carry on munching away and make sure twiglet is getting enough!

Oh and thisislife - I'm very happy for you and your good news!!

First midwife appointment tomorrow and quite nervous. My GP never did a urine test - just looked at my HPT and agreed so I'm worried I've been making it all up. It will be nice if I get an actual confimation from someone in the medical profession I might start believing it. I even bought a test in the US last week to convince myself I wasn't dreaming!

How are all of you wondeerful ladies doing?

Thank you Nora! I won't feel 100% better until Friday, but that definitely calmed me down a lot :happydance:

Hi ladies, it looks like a lot of us are right around 7 weeks- yay for blueberries! I'm starving all the time lately, and for very specific things! I'm starting to worry about weight gain, already put on about 2 pounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->