**MIDSUMMER DREAMERS** Mid July - Mid August Pregnancies!!! Come join!!!!! :D

Just wanted to share the good news!!!
We had our first scan yesterday and OMG, what a rush of emotions it is to see the little cashew in there with the heart fluttering. I can't get over it!
So, I'm further along than they expected, I guess I ovulated earlier then usual.
HB was 167, the little bean is 1.67cm!! Everything looks great!
Am so happy right now!!! This is really happening!

We did announce it to my teenage stepson yesterday. His reaction was very mellow (he's 14). We asked him how he felt about it "Meh, I don't care. It's not like I have a little brother or sister right away!" I admire his laid back attitude (he's just like his dad!).

I hope everyone's doing well. Thank you for letting me share my news with you. I can't wait to share it with our families!

Just wanted to share the good news!!!
We had our first scan yesterday and OMG, what a rush of emotions it is to see the little cashew in there with the heart fluttering. I can't get over it!
So, I'm further along than they expected, I guess I ovulated earlier then usual.
HB was 167, the little bean is 1.67cm!! Everything looks great!
Am so happy right now!!! This is really happening!

We did announce it to my teenage stepson yesterday. His reaction was very mellow (he's 14). We asked him how he felt about it "Meh, I don't care. It's not like I have a little brother or sister right away!" I admire his laid back attitude (he's just like his dad!).

I hope everyone's doing well. Thank you for letting me share my news with you. I can't wait to share it with our families!

So glad it went well hon!

So many exciting things going on here- scans, appointments, quitting smoking... If you miss a few hours you miss alot of excitement!

Looks like I've missed a lot too. Perils of living in different time zones girls! X

A quick hi and bye this evening ladies.

Had a busy day at work, followed by some last minute Christmas present and holiday clothes shopping. It's our Christmas meal at work tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what excuse I'll use for not drinking.

Answers on a postcard....!!!

Pip x

I thought about that one. But then I'd have to say why. The thing is I hate lying. A part of me wants to be honest and say 'look I'm 9 weeks (well I will be tomorrow!) pregnant'.

However, I've made a decision not to tell my boss/team until the New Year because although they are absolutely great people, once they know about the baby they will treat me differently and I don't want that at the moment.

Pip x

Say you have a water infection, they do antibiotics for that don't they? Then it's not something you want to announce and isn't as easy to see like a chest infection where you'd be coughing all the time x

Its our staff christmas do on Friday after school. My excuse is that I'm driving, but if I wasnt driving I think I'd just say "I don't drink - completely t - total!" and see what reaction I got. Hahaha, cus they all know I like my wine, and I'll just end up saying "nah not really, I just don't fancy alcohol right now, dippy tummy!" haha.

I am sooooo tired, we had a late night after school because of certificate evening and I was in charge of sorting music out (I'm a music teacher). I'm really glad that I told my boss I was in the early days of pregnancy because when I said I was going to go home cus I was really tired she was really supportive and didnt at all get iffy about it at all which was nice. I've told a couple of people at work, just so they're aware of stress levels and encouraging pupils to lift heavy things for me :)

I get to see the doctor for the first time since the BFP tomorrow. Can't wait, I actually think my cycle started earlier than I thought as well, so I could be six weeks tomorrow! So amazing that my little pip's heart is going to start beating soon :)

xxx

I just got home from having my blood drawn to check my HCG levels are fine. I am also taking singulair and antibiotics, because I had a sinus infection before I even found out that I was pregnant. The doc said that the meds were fine, and I'm supposed to go for an US next week and then this Friday, I will be going and having my blood drawn again to check my HCG levels again. So, hopefully everything is fine. I haven't had any sickness at all so far! Lucky me, huh? Lol, I won't brag too much cause then I will be sick for sure lol. I hope everyone is doing fine.

I just got home from having my blood drawn to check my HCG levels are fine. I am also taking singulair and antibiotics, because I had a sinus infection before I even found out that I was pregnant. The doc said that the meds were fine, and I'm supposed to go for an US next week and then this Friday, I will be going and having my blood drawn again to check my HCG levels again. So, hopefully everything is fine. I haven't had any sickness at all so far! Lucky me, huh? Lol, I won't brag too much cause then I will be sick for sure lol. I hope everyone is doing fine.

Glad to hear the levels are good! Now I hope I can follow in your footsteps come friday :thumbup:

Good morning ladies! How is everyone feeling today? Another day in bed for me, hopefully the last. If the bleeding doesn't stop though, chances are I'll be here for a few more weeks. In 24 hours I'll be leaving to go get my blood drawn so I can get my levels checked again.:happydance: Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!!!!

I'm in my daily routine of watching the baby shows on TLC while eating a pear....yeah, my life :roll:

Sounds like an exciting life to me - what can be better of incubating your little bean!!

I officially hate my OH....as I'm solely blaming how I feel today on him. I literally had to drag myself out of bed, take a bowl with me in the car (even though I haven't thrown up I never want to risk it with this blooming nausea!), and have had two naps already!

Congrats on the levels Kristen!

Sounds like an exciting life to me - what can be better of incubating your little bean!!

I officially hate my OH....as I'm solely blaming how I feel today on him. I literally had to drag myself out of bed, take a bowl with me in the car (even though I haven't thrown up I never want to risk it with this blooming nausea!), and have had two naps already!

Congrats on the levels Kristen!

Ugh I've had those days! I'm sorry love :hugs:

A quick hi and bye this evening ladies.

Had a busy day at work, followed by some last minute Christmas present and holiday clothes shopping. It's our Christmas meal at work tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what excuse I'll use for not drinking.

Answers on a postcard....!!!

Pip x

I've told people I'm trying to lose weight and I'm worried about being 'over the limit' for driving the morning after as the police are cracking down on holiday drinkers. I also put some water in a vodka bottle and pretended to add it to lime and lemonade to throw my family off the scent. Can't wait to tell people cos this is exhausting!

Just managed a bowl of soup...been in bed for 2 days with throat infection thing....my sis has pneumonia! I've been told to stay in and keep temp down......coughing like a horse!
Good luck for tomorrow thislife not long now..
mollyboo - such a good idea about the holiday drinking 'crackdown' ha! i honestly nearly phoned someone today and told them about the bean because I'm going mad!

Just managed a bowl of soup...been in bed for 2 days with throat infection thing....my sis has pneumonia! I've been told to stay in and keep temp down......coughing like a horse!
Good luck for tomorrow thislife not long now..
mollyboo - such a good idea about the holiday drinking 'crackdown' ha! i honestly nearly phoned someone today and told them about the bean because I'm going mad!

Eck stay away from your sister! Lots of cold rags to keep the temperature away, did you call your doctor and ask if you can take anything? Some times they clear you to take an infant cold medication.

And thank you love! :hugs:

BattyNora- I remember with DS I had to have a bag with me in the car because I puked on the way to work EVERY morning, thank heavens I seem to have much lighter m/s with this one!
thislife- I have to say, I'm a little jealous of you getting to relax all day- I bet you're out of your mind though!
Curly- I hope you feel better soon, that sounds awful!!

I already have my plan for avoiding questions about drinking. I usually drink vodka/cranberry, so I'm just going to drink cranberry juice without the vodka- I bet no one will notice! Hopefully no one offers me wine, they might be suspicious if I turn down a glass of wine!

Hello ladies

Well, the Christmas party went well. Hardest bit was stopping myself filling my plate with pate, prawns and smoked salmon though. I drank orange juice, declined the wine during the meal (said I'd rather eat first), persuaded the waiter to give me hot water instead of filter coffee, and refused after-dinner drinks on the grounds that I was soooo full! Worked like a dream, no-one noticed and no stress!

Thanks for your help.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back