**MIDSUMMER DREAMERS** Mid July - Mid August Pregnancies!!! Come join!!!!! :D

BattyNora,

How did you book your scan? I'm about the same as you and I don't even have my booking appointment till the 14th Jan, I'm worried I won't get to have my scan till near on 13 / 14 weeks, should I wait for the booking appointment or try and contact someone sooner to arrange a scan??

Hi hun,

I booked an appointment with my midwife when I went to see my GP and she then set-up my booking appointment. I work from home and she was free the following week, so we had it then. Then she asked me to ring the hospital to set up the scan.

It may be that you midwife is busier, or a difference in areas - I'm in herts.

Also, it depends if they offer the nuchal scan. I know that has to be done before 14 weeks, so maybe ring your midwife, gp, hospital and tell them you're worried you'll miss it and would like to book your scan in.

And maybe we were moved so we don't have to start a new thread in 2nd and 3rd tri, or have to be split up at times!

Also girlies, I have discovered - incase you were thinking of it - I do not recommend watching Greys Anatomy while pregnant.

I have been sobbing my heart out at ordinary episodes all night - proper blubbing away on hubbys lap. I'm normally a little moved by some of the stuff, but not like this!

so sorry to hear of your loss pip xoxo

Hope everyone had a great xmas, I spent my xmas eve in hospital on IV hydration. I am so so sick with MS atm. I have lost 4kg in 5 days coz i just havent been able to eat/drink anything. Been given some zofran now which is helping with the vomiting but i still feel pretty darn sick! The Ob at the hospital said its so sever due to the fact that its twins. I am starting to eat now.. two minute noodles and cheese burgers seem to be the only thing I can keep down lol.
I am a Nurse and have had to have the last week off work because when I stand up I go dizzy and vomit. I really hope I can get back to work soon otherwise I think ppl will put two and two together and figure it out for themselves!

Having another scan on the 4/1 so we can hear both of our little ones heartbeats :)
Everyone's scan pics are so exciting.. its getting real now!

xoxo

Thanks BattyNora I called the hospital and they said ive been booked in for 18th January :) and that a letter had been sent out and that I should get it soon with the post getting back to normal again after the snow :) I simply cannot wait :)

Brilliant Marie! Now you have a countdown to get excited with! Only 6 days after me too.

FIFO - sorry to hear you've been feeling bad. Hopefully the meds will start helping and you can start eating a bit more and make your return to work!

xx

Ladies I have just seen the most wonderful sight in the whole world. A pregnancy sac, yolk sac and a beautiful little fetus with a strong flickering heartbeat. I am shocked, stunned and over the moon! :cloud9:

The fetus measures 7.5mm so they think I am around 7 and a half weeks but the dating scan will confirm or deny that at around 12 weeks. So my dates were out by around a week. How odd?! I was so relieved that I burst into tears. The sonographer was lovely, so much nicer than coldheart who I had last time and she spent a lot of time looking around. She couldn't find my left ovary for some reason but on my right she saw a corpus luteum and explained that the egg had come from the right ovary. That would fit in with the blocked lefty theory.
As for the bleeding, they have no idea what is causing it. All looks very well with the baby and there is no sign of impending miscarriage. Have been told to take things easy and if things worsen to losing clots or lots of blood with cramping to see my GP. She has discharged me from the EPAU and will refer me back to the midwife so I will have to wait for them to get in touch and arrange a booking in appointment.

I was really expecting the worst this morning but yet again I have been shown that miracles do happen. Just got to keep the faith and hope the bleeding stops soon. xx

oh emma i saw that you were the last to post on the subscriptions page and have to say i was holding my breath to read your post. i am SOOO happy for you!!! :happydance: :happydance: just such great news xx

Ladies I have just seen the most wonderful sight in the whole world. A pregnancy sac, yolk sac and a beautiful little fetus with a strong flickering heartbeat. I am shocked, stunned and over the moon! :cloud9:

The fetus measures 7.5mm so they think I am around 7 and a half weeks but the dating scan will confirm or deny that at around 12 weeks. So my dates were out by around a week. How odd?! I was so relieved that I burst into tears. The sonographer was lovely, so much nicer than coldheart who I had last time and she spent a lot of time looking around. She couldn't find my left ovary for some reason but on my right she saw a corpus luteum and explained that the egg had come from the right ovary. That would fit in with the blocked lefty theory.
As for the bleeding, they have no idea what is causing it. All looks very well with the baby and there is no sign of impending miscarriage. Have been told to take things easy and if things worsen to losing clots or lots of blood with cramping to see my GP. She has discharged me from the EPAU and will refer me back to the midwife so I will have to wait for them to get in touch and arrange a booking in appointment.

I was really expecting the worst this morning but yet again I have been shown that miracles do happen. Just got to keep the faith and hope the bleeding stops soon. xx

I am so, so happy for you. That's amazing news - absolutely fantastic. In fact (hormones) I just welled up for you. I'm really glad it turned out to be good news, and I hope it let you relax.

Bet you can't stop smiling!

Wow that is amazing news :) so pleased for you :) always nice to see a happy response after what you've been going through :) did you get a pic?

Thanks BattyNora I got so excited hearing Ive been booked in for one :) I shall be counting the days down :) feels like it's a massive mile stone to get to and it can't come fast enough, be nice to finally tell my friends and work etc :)

Mrphyemma, what wonderful news- I have to admit I got a few tears in my eyes hearing the good news! I'm on a countdown to my scan- 5 days, I hope I can make it!!

TTC DH FIFO- I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick, but that zofran was a miracle for me! The first few days on it I still felt pretty yucky, but after a few days I could actually eat again- give it a few days and hopefully you'll feel like a whole new person!

I am thrilled for you Mrphyemma. It is great to hear good news.

Pip x

Pip, so sorry to hear you news ((hugs)))

So glad everyones holidays went well! Mine was great too very busy! It was the first white Christmas we've had in Alabama since the year I was born 25 years ago! So that was neat! We don't get much snow here!

Sorry you've been sick ttc ... Those little twin babies will be worth every bit when they get here though! I hope u feel better!

Mrphyemma that's great news!!! I am so happy to hear all is well!!

I am currently trying not to catch the flu, as the little boy I keeps mother has swine flu and pnemonia and I pick him up each day! This makes
me very nervou. Bc I haven't had a flu shot! I have lysoled and germ x -Ed everything!

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I did get a scan picture, I will try and take a photo of it and upload it tomorrow although there isn't very much to see, just a little blob. My beautiful little miracle blob :) xx

Pip how are you doing my lovely? x

Love Krystal you must be so worried being in close contact with the swine flu virus. Please take care x

I'm fine Mrphyemma. Found out from the hospital today that I did have swine flu in the days leading up to losing the baby. Looks like the flu jab I had last Tuesday came too late for me and the baby.

The hospital have been excellent and really kept me informed with what was going on. Back on 4 January for another scan to check everything is progressing as it should be.

I'm so pleased to see things going well for you all.

Pip x

So sorry honey, it could quite easily have been bad news for us today too so I'm thanking my lucky stars. I wish you all the best for a sticky BFP in the New Year xx

Great news mrphyemma :)

Not much to report. Got my 1st midwife app a week tomorrow. Also, had my flu jab last week. Been really sick last couple of days, as has Joshua, so gonna be home recovering for NYE!

Evening ladies.

Not been on for a while.....hope everyone is well.

Pip...I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hope you're ok.

Went to get my flu jab today only to be told that I can't get it till 12 weeks but after reading some of your posts a lot of you ladies have had it done long before that!?

I also found out that in Scotland your first scan is at 14 weeks....not a happy bunny, that's over 5 weeks away!!!! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->