**MIDSUMMER DREAMERS** Mid July - Mid August Pregnancies!!! Come join!!!!! :D

yes Mum2Miller, please share! I am very interested!

i googled the red cabbage and i will buy some tomorrow!

wow be interesting to see if it turns out to be right lol i might get one at the weekend :)

you basically have to boil a red cabbage but into small pieces for 10 mins. then drain the water and add equal urine to red cabbage juice and if it stays purple its a girl if it goes red or pink its a boy. i tried alst night and this morning with fmu and it stayed purple but i have seen on you tube and on here people who got red results i also for fun tried addiing bleach, lemon juice to the cabbage water and they went red with lemon and yellow with bleach. just a bit of fun with a wives tale. wonder how accurate it is though.

Very over this all day sickness! Was vomiting constantly for a week and basically passed out at my dr office yesterday. He sent me straight to hospital where I stayed last night and probably tonight getting fluid. :( very miserable!

On a lighter note I had another scan at 7 week 5 days and both little peanuts had nice strong heart beats :) it's amazing how much they grow so quickly! Just wish I could stop feeling this sick so I could enjoy being pregnant!

Sorry to whinge I'm just really fed up!

Xoxo

Haha cabbage thing sounds funny may have to try it for fun!

Ttc dh FIFO, I am sorry you are so sick & I hope you feel better! Good to hear both little peanuts are growing nicely! That is so exciting! :)

Hello ladies,

Red cabbage sounds interesting, but I only have pickled kind at the moment, think that will work?!?! :)

Ttc dh FIFO - sorry you're feeling rubbish, but hopefully it will pass soon enough.

I'm going to admit to you ladies - I've had my first proper crazy pregnant lady meltdown last night. There may be TMI but anyway...I'd been to the loo and when I wiped I swear I felt my cervix, and it scared me. So I wash my hands, and check it like I did before, and it felt wide, wide open. I don't know why I checked, I don't want to be messing around with it, but I freaked.

Then, of course, I googled it, and freaked out big time, thinking that this meant very bad news. I burst into tearts with OH and couldn't sleep for hours. Managed to get to sleep and, yes I'm an awful person, but went and checked this morning. Now, it was super high, and it felt like it did last night, but it I kind of realised it felt more like an open top that was closed behind it (kind of this the tie of a balloon??) and it felt open because it was so, so soft.

SO - I now hope I'm right the second time, and had a freak out because I'd just told someone our news, and am for some reason terrified I jinx it everytime.

I've stopped worrying, because all that will do it more harm, and I will speak to my midwife when I see her. If it is, they can't do anything til week 13 or 14 anyway.

But I now feel like a seriously crazy lady. Oh and I'm not going to check it again - I don't want to do any more harm than I've probably already done...

BattyNora - what a stressful night :( It is probably best to try not to read into anything going on internally as your body may be just adjusting to things (I'm thankful I am clueless about cervix stuff and temps etc as I would stress easily too) - I think all will be ok for you :)

TTC DH FIFO - Despite the sickness (which I gather can consume all waking thoughts) just keep in mind how well your little twins are doing!! I would love to find out we were having twins, so exciting :)

Hi girls, I've had a really sore belly the last few days. I'm sure I read that baby starts doubling in size again at this point so that's probably it.

Ttc dh FIFO- I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick, just know that it will end eventually!!
BattyNora- I wouldn't worry too much, you haven't been monitoring your cervix daily so you don't know what its been like since you got pregnant. I would imagine you're just not used to feeling it in the pregnant state, my best advice would be to stay out of there before you make yourself a nervous wreck!
Hope everyone else is doing well- TGIF!!!

Thanks ladies - It's exactly what I'm planning on doing. I'm nowhere near an expert, and I knew it would stress me out, I just had "a moment of madness". All good today though!

Certainly second FGIF!!!

Hi there ladies

Urgh! Is anyone else so hungry but they really can't bring themselves to eating anything? :-(

Hello Ladies!

DH has booked us a romantic weekend away in Rome next week! Now im abit worried about flying, everywhere i read they say its fine, but for some reason I am still abit paranoid? Am I crazy here or do i just need to take a chill pill?

I'm sure flying will be fine - they just don't like you flying after 28 weeks in case you go into early labour and the increased risk of DVT. Enjoy the time away, this time next year you won't be in a position to have romantic get aways so easily!

Thanks!

Our FS also told us to hold off with sex because of my spotting, it has stopped for a week now, so im hoping on Monday when i have my next scan he will give us the all clear! Lately I have been sooooo in the mood!

Hopefully all will be well and you will be able to really enjoy your weekend away!!

Sequeena, I have felt a lot more twinges and pains in my stomach this past week too... I figured it was all the growing too!

TaNasha, I hope your weekend goes wonderfully & the doc gives you the all clear! I think I am always in the mood! DH said his work buddies were making fun of his for being later than normal a couple of days, & blaming it on him not wanting to get out of bed with me. He told them no that I left 2 hours before he did, but it was bc I kept him up late dtd 5 nights in a row lol ... Then they were jealous lol! Apparently I must like sex more than some women bc I could do it 3 times a day everyday & that was prepregnancy! :)

I hope your weekend is awesome though! :)

Battynora, I've felt mine & thought the same thing but I also know I don't know enough about it to worry & the doc wasn't worried about anything so I figure all is well ... I agree that it feels like the balloon thing tho so must be normal!

I'm 12 weeks today, and I had my ultrasound this afternoon :cloud9:

It was simply amazing! The little one was lying on its stomach at the beginning, in the perfect position for the NT measurements (which was 1.2! Yay!). We saw the heartbeat (~163 BPM or something to that effect) and the CRL was ~5.2cm. Then the tech wanted baby to move a bit so I had to empty my bladder by half. When I went back in, the baby had shifted to lying on its back, all relaxed and reclined. We saw the arms move, and at one point were even able to see each individual finger on one of the hands :cloud9: It was so amazing! I don't think either DH or I blinked the entire time the baby was on the screen.

We got a picture, I did my bloodwork, and then DH and I celebrated over lunch!

Here's our scan pic! What a comfy baby!

https://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/squeeker7/Dax12weeks.jpg

oh lovely, congrats hun!! bub looks gorgeous and very comfortable!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->