midwife grumbles....

hondagirl

Reaction score
I know the midwife's of the uk are generally overworked and under paid but ive had some lovely ones ...just not with this baby!! I saw my midwife for the second time today, Im 21 weeks, I last saw her at 8 weeks when she told me 'i wasnt to put on so much as a pound during this pregnancy as my BMI was already too high' as you can imagine, she wasnt my fav person esp as at the time i was puking like mad and feeling shite. Anyways, she then went on holiday for a month and I saw a different one , really chilled and lovely, but she was back today. To start with I had to bring my two kids with me ( age 12 and 7) the 12 yr old to look after the 7 yr old while i went in, they were not happy. Then we were kept waiting 3/4 hr as she was running so late. She was nicer today but i dont get any warmth or compassion from her, she seemed so concerened about the stickers being in the right place on my file and the whereabouts of blood results ( done at 12 weeks so i would be up shite creek by now if the results were wrong) rather than anything else. She did my bp which was loads different to my bp machine at home ( she did it manually) and checked my pee, went on about blood tests and that was it, next ap at 28 weeks....blimey Im so glad Im not a new mum, it would be so scary having these rushed appointments. Her writing is so bad I cant read it and when i took her forms to the hospital they got my name and date of birth wrong because its so hard to read! aaaaaagh!

Unfortunatley pregnancy care is nowhere near what it should be. The system is awful and we need much better care.
All I can say is push for more appointments or go see your GP.
Lucie xx

aww sounds like mine to be honest, ive never even had the same midwife, and none of them have been particuarly nice to me, apart from at my booking appointment and she wasnt even a midwife.
Bad times i say!

Sounds just like mine. When I went to my first midwife app she didnt evern congratulate me or smile once (im not kidding), ive only had one nice midwife and she told me I was doing a great job and that was at my last appiontment. Any other time and it feels like they cant wait to get rid of me tbh (not that i ask any hard questions about my pregnany).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->