migraines every week, normal??

Rose1983

Reaction score
iv always suffered from really bad migraines where i get an aura, than have to lye down in bed for a few hours and vomit, but ever since i got pregnant iv been getting them every week, its really debilitating, is this even normal, does any one else get it every week?

With my first I got them all the time thought for sure I was gonna have a stroke. This time not so much but I do still get them about twice a month and they last for about 3 days. It's just the hormones throughout your body sometimes they get better and you have none or you get them a lot more then normal.

For about 4 months in the middle of pregnancy I was getting terrible headaches every day which would occasionally turn into a migraine. Thankfully they have eased off now. I think you should mention it to your midwife though, just in case it's a blood pressure thing. I know how hard it makes things and hope they stop for you soon too :hugs:

Eugh, can definitely relate to this one!

Last Wednesday I got my first migraine with aura any I actually thought I was either dying or having a stroke, so scary :cry: I lay down and the aura passed after about 20 minutes and I was left with a blinding headache and nausea.

Then I had another one on Thursday, nothing on Friday, one on Saturday and TWO on Sunday!! Ended up seeing the emergency doctor on Sunday and had my blood and urine tested - both were fine.

And since then... nothing! However I'm now living in fear of my next one which is not nice :nope:

I have read up a lot on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any cause or prevention of these horrible episodes but a lot of sites do blame pregnancy hormones for an increase in migraines. A girl I work with suffered the same from about 7 months and she said that as soon as she had her baby they stopped.

Sorry can't offer much advice - just wanted you to know you're not alone :hugs:

P.S. Found this link the other day - not tried it out yet as not had one since Sunday but must be worth a try! :thumbup:

https://probaway.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/a-migraine-prodrome-aura-cure-with-a-strange-eye-exercise/

Two weeks before i had Serenity i had one or two migraines a day, hospital checked me out and all fine, said it was just one of those things :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->