MIL just found out,

RedString

Reaction score
:rofl: Ladies, I love my man.

He's been so busy with school and everything that he conveniently never mentioned to his mother that we're expecting again. Stressed me out a bit because I really did NOT want to be there when she found out, considering her reaction last time.

So, OH sent her an email a couple days ago. Which basically said "oh, btw, you're gonna be a grandma again." :haha: Her reaction made me laugh, in a slightly spiteful and malicious way, and best of all, I didn't have to deal with her at all!!! :happydance:

The only downside is of course now she wants to get together "VERY SOON". OH is on the phone with her as I type this. He's in the other room though and I reaaaally wanna eavesdrop on this call so that I know when to be sick, :blush: :haha:

*siiigh* i can just imagine what her reaction will be if he also chooses now to tell her we're moving to Alberta in the fall. So long as I don't have to deal with it!

Wow, that must be a shock for any MIL, finding out 5 weeks before the event lol

My OH never told his mom yet! Tense relationship but he talks to her every week and is avoiding telling her. I need to get on him about this, she has a right to know before baby is born.

That's so funny, telling her 5 weeks before your due date wish I had thought of that lol

I've got 3 weeks left & DH hasn't told his parents, I've mentioned before on here that they have never showed an interest in DS so what would be different this time? Last June I phoned her to try & build some bridges between DH & her it lasted what 6 months then nothing.

I don't give to craps about her but as the time gets nearer I feel bad for DH he's got no family to share his news with all my family now know & are excited but he has no-one although I keep telling him he has the most beautiful DS & DD on the way. It's a shame isn't it how can Mothers not give a toss about their DS? I would NEVER EVER be this way with my son he's my life.

Sorry for the rant xx

I've got 3 weeks left & DH hasn't told his parents, I've mentioned before on here that they have never showed an interest in DS so what would be different this time? Last June I phoned her to try & build some bridges between DH & her it lasted what 6 months then nothing.

I don't give to craps about her but as the time gets nearer I feel bad for DH he's got no family to share his news with all my family now know & are excited but he has no-one although I keep telling him he has the most beautiful DS & DD on the way. It's a shame isn't it how can Mothers not give a toss about their DS? I would NEVER EVER be this way with my son he's my life.

Sorry for the rant xx

sorry to hear your MIL is such a bitch, :/ My problem is, my MIL is crazy. and a bit of a drama queen. I find she's very self centered, and only interested in helping us if she benefits in some way. she apparently had a stroke when she was 16 or so, and i guess that's part of the brain damage she sustained; forever childish. :\ the real shame is, parts of that attitude have rubbed off on OH, and I'm forever teaching him to stop being such a dick.

Redstring OMG how weird is that my MIl had a stroke and bloody well plays o that my FIL is childish and she makes his worse but she is genreally quiet but its those you want to watch out for. she really plays on the fact that appearantly (and rather conveniently) she forgets things and is why shes so slow and just damn well annoying, its like i left my DS when i had a scan and (kids are not allowed in) and he had the runs the doctor asked specifically that he was not to have any dairy or asian food as it will irritate his stomch ad she gives it him any way.

(i cant stand my MIL as you may have seen in previous posts!! :) )

i iwsh she hadnt known about this babyy lol

Not to come across as defensive (ok I am slightly). My mother has had several strokes, her worst one being at 18 which paralysed her down one side of her body, ruined her speech and her memory is buggered... maybe your MIL is genuinely ill and not playing on things??

sequeena - i thought this at first with mine but it was my hubby who told me she does this thats when i noticed it. it comes on when she wants to get her way her wayt of playing her face.

sequeena - i thought this at first with mine but it was my hubby who told me she does this thats when i noticed it. it comes on when she wants to get her way her wayt of playing her face.

Ah I see. Ok, I understand, can't stand people who deliberately play on their illness for sympathy etc xx

Arggghhh why didn't we think of this lol it wouldve saved all the "oh u actually LIKE that name do u?" xx

@i_want_one - rofl

@sequeena - me neither thats why she does my crackers in

aw i find it really sad but my grandad doesnt know that i am expecting another baby, my mother has been playing the "i am fed up with a one sided relationship i am going to wait for YOU to call ME" game which has been going on since last october - yes he has missed christmas and her birthday . . . - i find it really sad because i am so happy to be having another child and find it incredible that people who are meant to be close to you are just really not bothered. he first met my son at 9 months and that is only because he came to our wedding, hasnt seen him since . . . i find it really sad . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->