Military/Military Spouse/Girlfriend/Boyfriend *UPDATED Page 1* 4 BFPs so far...

I would love for Mark to come down on orders to Germany, Hawaii or Alaska!

Ditto! Except I've already lived in Alaska (Fairbanks) and it sucked! But hoping for Hawaii/overseas.

What part of Texas? We just moved from SA, I still have a house there. I miss it when it starts snowing here.

I realize it isn't always the case that they will come home, but in my branch they don't even care! Thankfully he is in school until next May, so he'll be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! Except I've already lived in Alaska (Fairbanks) and it sucked! But hoping for Hawaii/overseas.

What part of Texas? We just moved from SA, I still have a house there. I miss it when it starts snowing here.

I realize it isn't always the case that they will come home, but in my branch they don't even care! Thankfully he is in school until next May, so he'll be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in SA and we love it ere. Were you at Lackland, Randolph, or Ft. Sam?

Hi! Another Army wife here. :) We're currently stationed in Texas. DH should be coming up on orders some time this fall or winter, but he had ankle surgery in December after breaking his ankle on both side in a car crash (he had his foot on the dashboard when my brakes failed and I rear-ended someone and shattered his ankle on both sides). B/c he still needs at least one more surgery, his orders might not come until after he's all good to go, or if he does get orders his doc could hold them up if they're to an installation that doesn't have a good hospital with a good Orthopedics clinic. So we'll see. Typical hurry up and wait.

Morning ladies!!

So excited to see some military spouses who know about the added pressures we get eh? We have been trying desperately since the wedding (almost a year now). I have just turned 32 (omg, first time I wrote that I think) and DH is 39. We were trying to get it in this year as he was in a year long training program and would be home. That didn't happen. Poor DH thinks he is getting old! We luckily got him into a follow-on school for another year, but since it takes 9 months to cook 'em I am getting a little crazy. If we got preggers now...he would be home for the birth and first few months at least. He hasn't deployed for several years, so his number will be up when we move next.

I am former Marines, so I really appreciate how the Army takes care of families. I was surprised that they will send him home for the birth if he's gone! Still, it would be nice to have the first one be a special family time for us.

Testing with OPK starting today, for a IUI sometime this week. Why can't pregnancy be more predictable?

Congrats on your BFP! Just for future reference though, they will NOT necessarily send a husband home for a birth. I've known plenty of military wives whose hubby's had to miss their child's birth. One of my girlfriends, her baby will be something like 6 months old before he meets her. Just wanted to dispel that myth though. It *can* happen but it's definitely not something to count on.

Welcome! :D

Absolutely! Lots of hubby's miss the birth. The Army says the family is FIRST but they are liars! :( The Army is first in their eyes.

I am from Kyle which is 20 mins South of Austin and 45-60 mins North of San Antonio. I claim Austin and my hubby Claims San Antonio. He is from Hondo. :) We miss Texas SSSOOO Bad! Mark has to work but my parents are coming down at the end of this month and taking me and Jace back with them to Texas for a couple of weeks so I am excited but sad to leave Mark. LOL When he is not deployed, I try to spend almost ALL of my time with him! LOL

I'm in SA and we love it ere. Were you at Lackland, Randolph, or Ft. Sam?

Now I want some Beans, Rice and CORNBREAD!!! :haha:

i'm super lucky that i'm in a non deployable unit. if that wasn't the case, i would NEVER see DH. was just thinking that today.. sigh

Yeah, we are in a TRADOC Unit ourselves and it has been nice not having him deploy for once!

15U. There is AIT over here as well as WOCS. He helps train the new pilots on the CH47D (Chinook). He is an FI.

Yeah right!! I know exactly what that is.. My First Sergeant in AIT was a 15U. I'm a 15N :) Went to A.I.T. at Fort Eustis, VA.

Lol Mark went to AIT at Eustis too of course! Lol

And BNCOC there as well of course! ANCOC is here (they changed the name but forgot what it is called though) so of course he went to that here. Lol

oh wow i have no idea what any of that means lol.....

hope everyone is well tho xx

hahahah me neither

:haha::haha::haha: we could talk about LOA and LSSA if you wanted ???? lol

where you based - just seen that your in the midlands

im from stafford n thats where oh works but they have dumped us in whittington just outside lichfield. u based in the midlands then?

i really shud learn all this talk but i dont think i can be bothered to be that involved in the army hahah

hahahah me neither

im from stafford n thats where oh works but they have dumped us in whittington just outside lichfield. u based in the midlands then?

i really shud learn all this talk but i dont think i can be bothered to be that involved in the army hahah

we are at wyton atm - near peterborough and we will be moving to wittering really soon - well in the summer ..

hahahah me neither

we are at wyton atm - near peterborough and we will be moving to wittering really soon - well in the summer ..

cant wait for our next posting, shuda been 2 years ago hahaha but really should be moving by this time next year to borden (think ive spelt it right) down south so nice to be near a beach for 10 months then after that who knows long as its not here again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->